Code of Conduct

Default Joop! Nightflight A good summer fragrance?

I just discovered this fragrance on the website and it has many positive reviews. I'm just wondering is it as good as people are saying it is and is it a Good summer fragrance? i saw for under £10 in town is it worth a gamble ?

Thanking you

Kieran

Default Re: Joop! Nightflight A good summer fragrance?

I never liked it, for me the worst fragrance from Joop!, especially when you consider that they have produced the best fragrance in history: Joop! Homme.

It is "soapy clean" as in Prada Amber, Rive Gauche, stuff like that.

your damn right about joop homme, picked that up in march legend of a fragrance

IMO No.

I also bought it blind and it smells different than I expected after reading reviews.

Its very sharp and bit cloying citrus at opening and drydown into more comfortable sweet fruity woody base with old school soapy vibe to me that gives it masculinity. Very versatile, but may be too much for work/school if you overspray. Longevity could be better.

It is good for its price but nothing exceptional. I use it mostly as shorts and t-shirt fragrance when I go to play tenis or do something outside. This is fragrance that would fight for same spot with L'Eau D Issey if I own it.

Edit: Issey smells more modern, citrusy and fresh on top notes, Nightflight smells better on drydown.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Joop nightflight is pretty much synthetic, totally understandable, if you take into consideration price range + mass produced and so on.
    One thing I do like about his one is its cooling effect, off course it's chemical, for this price, divine providence it's unlikely;-)

So would YSL Live jazz be a better choice for summer wearing ?

Joop Nightflight is one of my all time favorites (found it in 1997). However for me I simply can not wear it in hot weather. On my skin it smells the best during cold winters, the colder the better. It reminds me of a cold winter star filled sky. I never gotten any 'freshness' from it.

YSL Live jazz, especially at an equally affordable price, would be perfectly suitable as a summer scent

Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. I thhought Cool Water Summer Fizz was a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by kierroo View Post
    So would YSL Live jazz be a better choice for summer wearing ?
    Live Jazz is, ok, the only pain is the coriander note.

Quote Originally Posted by roman_nik View Post
    Joop Nightflight is one of my all time favorites (found it in 1997). However for me I simply can not wear it in hot weather. On my skin it smells the best during cold winters, the colder the better. It reminds me of a cold winter star filled sky. I never gotten any 'freshness' from it.
    I also found it to be interesting in winter . It has more depth in cold weather.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I also found it to be interesting in winter . It has more depth in cold weather.
    Exactly. It's nothing special during summers.

Quote Originally Posted by roman_nik View Post
    exactly my sentiments. I grew tired of it because it was too sweet and cloying. I prefer something like Riverside Drive or Aventus. When people call it "fresh" (Time on Youtube) I go 'huh?'
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

double post...
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 15th June 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Nightflight is one of my favorites, but you have to be light on the trigger. Joop Jump smells similar and the opening isn't as pungent which is why I prefer it over Nightflight.

absolutely YES , and on hot summer nights in Spain I especially enjoy it.
    It opens with a sour orange and spicy pineapple and turns into a soapy oriental scent.
    Great for the price!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

AromiErotici

Nightflight is actually a decent fragrance and naturally can be worn any time you would want to wear it. It's in the fresh category and it has one of the few "ozonic" qualities I find enjoyable. The fruit and wood combo isn't half bad either.

Given the price it's a great fragance. Not the best quality scent out there, of course, but it's refreshing and it's cheap.
    I like it and it's difficult for me to find a decent summer frag, even exploring niche i haven't found many.
    I say buy it!

I just recently discovered Joop Nightflight through an order of samples, and all I can say is; Wow! I'm loving this, and I've already ordered a big bottle. It's a super refreshing sour lemon/detergent type scent that holds those notes into an almost sparkling powder drydown. This is going alongside my Live Jazz as my go to, refreshing/exhilarating hot weather scents. I sampled Nightflight and Joop Go at the same time, and Nightflight is so much better (Go is kind of sweet & boring).

Anyway, this is a definite buy in my book, & will always be in my collection.

It smells just cool water...think soft linens, nothing aquatic, just "softness" and ease, that's all. Very inoffensive if you ask me, can't really go wrong with it.

I just recieved a 125ml bottle of Nightflight. Not sure what to think to be honest. It does smell different to what I expected after reading reviews.

It is clean and slightly similar to Cool Water but I'm not sure about it. I think it'd be good in summer, mind.

Nightflight is very cool frag, figure of speech and literally. I do agree, however, being cool and fresh, it quite much does work well in winter, lasts longer in my opinion.

OK I've had around 5-6 hours with this now, this is very nice and very clean. It's unspectacular but this will be a beast in summer in my opinion.

It's better than Cool Water.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Nightflight is very cool frag, figure of speech and literally. I do agree, however, being cool and fresh, it quite much does work well in winter, lasts longer in my opinion.
    is absolutely versatile IMO and works fine in any season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    It's better than Cool Water.
    I don´t see any similarity with Cool water , besides both are clean/soapy but Nightflight is a spicy pineapple with a balsamic/semi oriental dry down.

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Love this fragrance and its great freshness, but it simply didn't last well on me.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Basenotes Plus

This is a very good summer fragrance. It smells of pineapples and lasts five to six hours. It is synthetic-smelling, but very nice nonetheless. I like it.

I don't get the pineapple smell.

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    is absolutely versatile IMO and works fine in any season.

I don´t see any similarity with Cool water , besides both are clean/soapy but Nightflight is a spicy pineapple with a balsamic/semi oriental dry down.

+ 1

Good stuFF

I don't get the pineapple smell.
    is very obvious IMO.

It is like blended with a bitter orange.

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I don't really get pineapple either. To me, it's more of a lemon mixed with a detergent type fresh powder.

I have been wearing this today. I get a smell that I can only describe as dry when I spray this. Not sure if it's the pineapple but it's a crispy, dry smell. It's a detergent, crispy and dry scent with slight citrus in it.

Are we allowed to bump threads that haven't had posts in for months? I don't really want to annoy people, as I like to read old threads and then post in them if I have anything to say.

Are we allowed to bump threads that haven't had posts in for months? I don't really want to annoy people, as I like to read old threads and then post in them if I have anything to say.
    I'm sure you can, thats why we are here.