Code of Conduct

Default Looking for something similar to but maybe better than Polo Blue..

Hey guys; looking for some ideas on a fragrance that has similarities to Polo Blue. I am a newbie but over the last 8-12 months I have sampled dozens of colognes; mostly designer with the exception on a few Creeds and Bond no 9. Still haven't found the "one" for me; guess I must be looking for perfection (which I'm sure we all are). Much to my surprise I ordered a 15 sample lot of designer frags off ebay and my favorite of the bunch was Polo Blue?? Never in a million years would I have thought to try anything Ralph Lauren as they seem to have a bad name with most in the basenotes community. I REALLY love the smell of it but it just doesn't last for me so my question is.. What would be similar in smell but maybe a little longer lasting and/or better quality. I live in an area where I don't have access to many "Niche" scents so please keep that in mind with your recommedations. Thanks in advance and I look forward to your opinions.

Hi, I just blind purchased Cool Water Deep . I haven't received it yet but from reading reviews it has been compared to Polo Blue very often, so take a look at that..

Cmax...

Default Re: Looking for something similar to but maybe better than Polo Blue..

Arbel Pour Homme by Christine Arbel

Check out Montale Fougere Marine. I got a sample and it bears super strong resemblance to Polo Blue imo. Sort of like GIT/Cool water.

My recollection might be off, but have you tried many of the go to aquatics like Polo Sport, or Bvlgari Aqua, etc?

I'd suggest reading up on each of the rec's, see what else they're compared to in the reviews, then hit up The Perfumed Court and order another 5-10 samples and you'll probably have your answer.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Try Bond No. 9 Wall Street if you like the cucumber note in Polo Blue.

Bvlgari Aqua

Amouage Cirrus is probably exactly what you're looking for. I'm not a fan of either Cirrus or Polo Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by roman_nik View Post
    Check out Montale Fougere Marine. I got a sample and it bears super strong resemblance to Polo Blue imo. Sort of like GIT/Cool water.
    I find Montale Fougere Marine to be a fresher, EDP cousin to the Original Tommy, by Tommy Hilfiger

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Try Bond No. 9 Wall Street if you like the cucumber note in Polo Blue.
    Polo Sport and Wall Street are great fragrances to sample.....Have You tried Polo Red White and Blue? This is fantastic also!!!
    Gary