Code of Conduct

Default Does anyone think decants differ....

....from the original bottled version of a fragrance. I have a number of decants and many seem to smell slightly different than if i had bought the bottle from a store.

Is it me or does anyone else have similar experiences. I know there is a chance i could be receiving fakes, but i buy from various people offering splits. Surely not all of the are crooks!

Default Re: Does anyone think decants differ....

Personally I have never bought a decant or split from anyone. I guess there's always the chance that someone might be less than honest with others in transactions, but I'd bet most aren't. The slight perception difference might be due to the circumstances under which the scent was decanted.

Banned

I have over 1000 decants (why bother buying FBs once you get to a certain point?). They all smell just like perfume direct from a bottle and ive bever been scammed, either

I think most juice is pretty durable and there is no difference with legit decant and the bottled juice.

There is the possibility that the sprayer on the decant dispenses less than the big bottle which could lead to some differences in your application.

Maybe it's just simply in your head?

Not having the original bottle, and spraying from a decanted bottle or spray, may affect your subconscious into making you think that the scent isn't how it should be when in actual fact it is exactly how it should be. The mind plays tricks as they say. A bit like a collector of music only buying Vinyl or CDs and hating MP3. Like the vehicle or container actually affects the pleasure of the music, or in this case the scent.
    LOST! in scent and music

Quote Originally Posted by LOST! View Post
    Maybe it's just simply in your head?

Not having the original bottle, and spraying from a decanted bottle or spray, may affect your subconscious into making you think that the scent isn't how it should be when in actual fact it is exactly how it should be. The mind plays tricks as they say. A bit like a collector of music only buying Vinyl or CDs and hating MP3. Like the vehicle or container actually affects the pleasure of the music, or in this case the scent.
    Quite true and well put. There is a level of insecurity many of us go through with scents, especially when just starting out and delving into unfamiliar territory. I did. If OP is relying on the trust of many other people he doesn't really know on decants, it could magnify the uncertainty.

I have not experienced many significant differences with decants.

Short answer...no difference. However, if they have a bottle of a different vintage, there MAY be a difference if there was a reformulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Short answer...no difference. However, if they have a bottle of a different vintage, there MAY be a difference if there was a reformulation.
    ASHA! Good to see you! Haven't seen a post for you in awhile!
    Last edited by StylinLA; 18th June 2011 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post

There is the possibility that the sprayer on the decant dispenses less than the big bottle which could lead to some differences in your application.
    +1. I have caught myself a couple times falling into this illusion.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

As yu can see the general concensus is no affect but somehow I feel that it has been oxidized and that may affect it.