Code of Conduct

Default Five OClock au Gingembre - Serge Lutens

Today, I wore, for the second time, Five OClock au Gingembre from Serge Lutens.

I will call this Five OClock one of the easiest Lutens to wear.

But, let me tell you that again today, I have received positives comments from my female coworkers.

Specially from this sexy lawyer that I hae to work with on a regular basis. She just gets ga-ga when I wear Five OClock

What I like from this Lutens it's his ability to perform well during really warm day.

If you don't dare enough to try epics Lutens like Serge Noire, Arabie and Ambre Sultan, let' try Five OClock au Gingembre and I am sure you will appreciate.
    Tristan Lavoie
    Mari, infidle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Five OClock au Gingembre - Serge Lutens

I adore this scent.

So glad I bought it. One of the better SL's and so fine to wear. Plenty of compliments from my female co-workers. But it's so fine, I almost want to keep it to myself.

A well made scent.

I'm anxiously waiting for my sample of this badboy. Stupid canada post lol..

Sur la Plage

I personally prefer Serge Noire, Arabie and Ambre Sultan and others. Five O’Clock au Gingembre didn't do anything for me. Plus I own Tea for Two, which is far superior to FOaG IMO.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 18th June 2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's a bit sharp for my liking, but it is enjoyable.
    Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I love this stuff, but get minimal projection and longevity out of it : ( .

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

My second Lutens purchase after Serge Noire - very enjoyable indeed. On my skin it has outstanding projection & longevity. But imo it wears a little too heavily on warmer days.

This sounds like a SL I could love. I've meant to sample it for a long time, don't know why I haven't. Is there any syrupy quality to this one?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

is a work of art and an example of how rightly suggest a scenario by a group of notes.
    FOAG is a discharge of honey, spicy ginger and amber that accompanies your walk with an exotic sweetness without poison.
    It has a quality that makes it unique: it is sweet yet "fresh" and very wearable.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garons man 2

Never got round to testing it much.

SculptureOfSoul, not syrupy

What's interesting to me is the amount of hype Chergui (pass!) gets, but virtually NO ONE talks about this one. I sampled this some time ago, and liked it quite a bit. Finished my entire sample. That's kinda how you know I like a fragrance. I have tons of fragrance samples that are almost full, lo, but the ones I like? Empty! :-) But yeah...this one I liked. Sweet, very smoothe, and it had texture. I wouldn't be surprised if I owned it one day.

Five O'Clock is a solid scent. To me its better than L'artisan's Tea for Two.
    -

I've been toying with getting FOCaG for a while now, after loving my sample of MKK and my bottle of Chergui (definitely worth any hype IMO)... This thread has just swayed me to order a bottle.

Five O'Clock is a solid scent. To me its better than L'artisan's Tea for Two.
    I was toying with Tea for Two as well, but the Serge Lutens it is!! Thanks!
    LOST! in scent and music

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    What's interesting to me is the amount of hype Chergui (pass!) gets, but virtually NO ONE talks about this one. I sampled this some time ago, and liked it quite a bit. Finished my entire sample. That's kinda how you know I like a fragrance. I have tons of fragrance samples that are almost full, lo, but the ones I like? Empty! :-) But yeah...this one I liked. Sweet, very smoothe, and it had texture. I wouldn't be surprised if I owned it one day.
    totally agree. i love this scent. i wish it did last longer on my skin, but even still, it's an excellent spicy fragrance. probably my favourite Serge Luten.

It's not my thing (i prefer other Lutens), but I remember that French man in Lisbon on a hot summer night outside, when he took a seat with his family at a table behind us... he DID fill the air with definitely a Lutens and almost for sure Five o' Clock. It was quite an entry, I must admit.

I find it easy to wear and very good for warm weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    My second Lutens purchase after Serge Noire - very enjoyable indeed. On my skin it has outstanding projection & longevity. But imo it wears a little too heavily on warmer days.
    I agree. Five O'Clock au Gingembre strikes me as a bit heavy for summer and more of a cool weather fragrance. (Something about it conjures up autumn leaves and winter holidays for me.) Although summer in Montreal is probably cooler than summer in Southern California.

probably spring was its ideal season to wear it
    and Im agree with some of you about FOaG is better than tea for two , It has more colour.

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garons man 2

Just put my nose on this today for the first time and it was an instant buy for me. I truly love it and oddly enough every so slightly the dry down remindes me of L'Air Du Desert Marocain....

Not sure about the warm weather though. I also agree spring, fall and winter.

I personally love this one, and it does pull compliments if that's what you're going for. I don't find it similar to Tea for Two though, and wouldn't mind owning both. The odd thing is, I've never found it that heavy. My juice is the pink one though instead of the greenish/brownish ones that some of the others have, so maybe it's been reformulated.

Good longevity either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I personally love this one, and it does pull compliments if that's what you're going for. I don't find it similar to Tea for Two though, and wouldn't mind owning both. The odd thing is, I've never found it that heavy. My juice is the pink one though instead of the greenish/brownish ones that some of the others have, so maybe it's been reformulated.

Good longevity either way.
    i dont find it similar to tea for two either...my juice is brownish... i just got it today so i doubt its been reformulated

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    i dont find it similar to tea for two either...my juice is brownish... i just got it today so i doubt its been reformulated
    I wonder why the different colors then. I've seen sites advertise both. Where did you pick yours up from?

I wonder why the different colors then. I've seen sites advertise both. Where did you pick yours up from?
    Barney's Beverly Hills. It would be interesting to see however if there is any difference in projection and longevity between the two juices

I wonder why the different colors then.
    many Lutens change its colour (I think) due to the exposition to light or to the composition of ingredients but the quality of the juice hasnt been altered.
    There are several threads in Bn talking about this.

Ps. Even Chanel pour Monsieur edt may vary its colour (get green or yellow tones) for the same reasons above.
    Chanel explains this phenomenon in a note inside the box of pour monsieur.

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garons man 2

That's pretty interesting. It just seems like it's a pretty big jump from pink to greenish brown. It could probably only be the ingredients though and not light exposure, as I think most of the others who have purchased theirs recently (including myself) all bought them NIB sealed.

I recently acquired Chergui as my first Lutens. Will definitely give this one a look next time I'm in a stockist....

One of my recent buys that I regret...
    Bummer!

Liked this one ever since I first sampled it. Will resample again soon. Strongly considering a purchase for next year...

Along with the L'Eau, 5 O'clock is probably the most easily accessible Lutens (for a beginner like myself), and also one of my favorites from this line.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Smells like something I'd wear only on Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylob View Post
    One of my recent buys that I regret...
    Bummer!
    What was it you didn`t like?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    What was it you didn`t like?
    Like most Lutens perfumes, it's too dense for me. And I expected something like the Bois des Iles gingerbread vibe, which I didn't get. I think the ginger / cinnamon combo didn't work for me. Not a bad fragrance though, but after a few wears I've had enough of it.