Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe: Underrated?

I don't know what led me to resample this after it had been sitting untouched for about 2 years now, but I did. And boy, what a pleasant surprise! I know, I've read the reviews, and apparently it has less than average longevity, so cue the complaints from the powerhouse fanboys, but this stuff smells AMAZING. I'm very surprised, and it's now officially added to my wishlist. Are there any other fans out there?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe: Underrated?

My favorite Jo Malone. Favorite coffee as well. Yes the longevity sucks, but, hey waddya gonna do.

I love it - it's never overwhelming but has enough to it to feel complex. Go for it - pull the trigger!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Thanks guys. Glad to hear there are others who appreciate this stuff too. JR, I've got a ton of new expenses recently and coming up, that are going to put a huge halt on any frag purchases. I'm now looking for extreme discounts and bargains unfortunately. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I tried this today and I have fallen head over heels in love with it. What a *beautiful* scent.

Alas, I agree with all of the negative comments regarding strength and longevity, but God, what a gorgeous smell while it lasts.

Seriously considering a purchase!

Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe: Underrated?

IMO No.

Underrated? No.

I rate it average at best. Smells good for about 15 minutes, and then it's just whatever.

Probably the only one from Jo Malone I'd consider purchasing.... I like it quite a bit. Even if it's fleeting it's perfect for morning application and by the time your coffee buzz has subsided so has the scent....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Basenotes Institution

I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't stand having it on and I tried numerous times. There is something about the coffee note that is jarring and slightly metallic to my nose.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I also have had lasting issues when testing this scent.....If this lasted longer JM would have a real winner!!!
    Gary

I tried it two weeks ago at Saks and sprayed it once on my son's neck. I had ran out of rom in my arms, so he was the guinea pig. I kept smelling his neck as our was amazing. Needless to say, I pulled the trigger and bought a bottle even after telling myself that I was done buying any frags for this year. Oh well, what can you do?
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds