Code of Conduct

Thread: As I mature...

Default As I mature...

I have begun weeding out most (but not all) of the fragrances I bought because they reminded me of how someone else I admire would smell (a celebrity, a fictional character), or that encapsulate some kind of feeling or atmosphere, and I am keeping those fragrances that remind me of me. I've come to the conclusion that the way to live a happy and successful life is to be yourself, and become more and more yourself. Although I wouldn't knock a "What would _______ wear?" post, I understand now why people don't like them.

Default Re: As I mature...

Quote Originally Posted by yepyep View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the way to live a happy and successful life is to be yourself, and become more and more yourself.
    Very true.

and...?
    Don't know... i buy frags that i love, that I love for me, and not for any other reason.
    They remind me of me wearing that single frag, or a situation where I wore that frag. Maybe this is the reason I never buy frags that people around me wear (lucky me, not many friends wear frags or, at least, good frags )
    What i'm starting to value is that my fragrance is a part of me, of what I want to project or what i want to feel. I'm starting to feel much more comfortable with my frags and I know them better, i enjoy them much more than before.

being a considerate selfish person is the best way to enjoy life

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    being a considerate selfish person is the best way to enjoy life
    lol

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I have begun weeding out most (but not all) of the fragrances I bought because they reminded me of how someone else I admire would smell (a celebrity, a fictional character).
    Personally I find that an utterly absurd reason to not use a particular fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post
    Personally I find that an utterly absurd reason to not use a particular fragrance.
    Well, when I bought colognes because I thought a celebrity or fictional character would wear them, I was not satisfied with myself. But as I get older, I've become more selective and mainly want fragrances that speak to me personally. But like I said, I am keeping some of those fragrances. It's not like I'm saying, "This fragrance kind of reminds me of ________, I'd better throw it out."

Even the drawbacks of maturing, accumulating experience, persons in my past, unpleasant associations etc. can persuade me to "hold the grudge" against a fragrance for too long.

Under these conditions, if I like a fragrance, there are few, close to no factors whatsoever to keep me away from it.

I have no problem with fragrances that remind me of somewhere or something or someone, as long as I actually like the scent. That last factor - that's the difference between something I have a sample of because I find it fascinating, and something I own a bottle of.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I have begun weeding out most (but not all) of the fragrances I bought because they reminded me of how someone else I admire would smell (a celebrity, a fictional character), or that encapsulate some kind of feeling or atmosphere, and I am keeping those fragrances that remind me of me....
    I see and understand what you mean and thanks for posting it. However, I'm a bit on the other side. I do find that I like to think of a fragrance as something a fictional character would wear. And with that, I conjure up images of that character through the fragrance. Not so much celebrities, but just characters ( I don't care for celebs or famous people....etc). For me, a good example would be Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme. Or even something like Bogart Witness.

I like to seek out scents that would not neccesarly be for me. Because that is what makes me think a bit more, explore and also gets me excited.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !