Code of Conduct

Default Creed FldThR going same way as Caron Rose?

Creed's Fleurs de The Rose Bulgare is currently cited as "discontinued" at The Perfumed Court. There doesn't seem to be any left anywhere in Europe, either. On Creed's US site, it still says you can order it, so I'm wondering whether it's also really discontinued, or only in Europe? That wouldn't make any sense, though.
    Because these are both really good rose scents, I'm also curious as to whether there's some sort of problem with getting good roses right now.
    Or could it be that IFRA is really causing these problems?
    Just curious to know - couldn't afford the Creed scent anyway! But it's very fine and a great loss if it's gone the way of Caron Rose.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed FldThR going same way as Caron Rose?

Supposedly it's been brought back for a year and then is going to be discontinued. Certainly is still available on Creed website and probably other retail stores, so Perfumed Court's statement is premature.

I doubt that there is any dearth of roses being available. And if the IFRA restrictions were responsible one would think that the scent would already be gone or altered.

So this comes back to why any scent we love is discontinued. This happens all the time to perfumes I love. I can only surmise that not enough people love it to make it worth their while to keep making it. But I can't help thinking that if they would sell it in smaller bottles maybe more people would buy it. Not that many people want 8.4 ounces of a perfume, after all. I confess I do not understand their marketing strategy in this regard.

Community Manager

I think I read somewhere that they suspend the production if they can't get the right quality of raw materials. So they have a number of fragrances that go in and out of production all the time.
    Currently wearing: Boxeuses by Serge Lutens

It is a totally gorgeous fragrance just like sticking your nose in a old fashioned Tea Rose.
    DONNA

I agree - I have a tiny decant and love it.

Red face Re: Creed FldThR going same way as Caron Rose?

Have you tried calling Les Senteurs? As well as Fortnam and Mason and Selfridges? At least one of those places should have it!

If not there are places in EU that sell it.

Basenotes Institution

My fave is Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie but I am sad that yet another great Creed classic is going out the window.
    Petty small minded people have no place in my life.
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler