Code of Conduct

Default Free to a good home

I have done a little soul searching, and have decided that some of my purchases were perhaps not what they should have been. I have tried many of the classic, oft mentioned Carons and Guerlains and purchased full bottles.

I am now at the stage where I am only going to keep what I truly love, and know I will wear. So the following bottles are up for grabs, 'free to a good home'. These are all new, some with a couple of mls used as trials. They are current versions, not vintage. They are all without boxes (I hate clutter).

So what do I mean by 'to a good home'?

I would like these to go to people who already know and love the perfumes, and WILL USE them. Particularly high on my preferred recipients are those who don't have lots of money to spend on themselves, and who are not as 'wardrobe rich' as me.

I'd like to offer you something unexpected to enjoy.

Anyway, PM if you're interested.

Apres l'Ondee EDT 100ml
    L'Heure Bleue EDT 50ml
    Ma Griffe EDP 100ml
    Shalimar EDT 50ml
    Terracotta Voile EDT 100ml
    Bellodgia EDT 100ml
    Tocadilly EDT 100ml

Update: Well, happily all these are now claimed, going to good homes.

Thanks to all who responded. I was wondering, would it be worth our while to start a sticky along these lines? I know I would be happy to contribute samples that have not worked out for me. Lots of people wanted to help with postage, so perhaps more of us could consider the gesture.
    Last edited by LiliB; 21st June 2011 at 03:39 AM.

Default Re: Free to a good home

That is wonderfully generous of you, a very kind thing to do really.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

PM sent :-)

Update: Gone

Apres l'Ondee To Sorcery of Scent in Perth
    L'Heure Bleue to Fee Fee

Thats was very kind of you!

If you want to sent some fragrances to Brazil, fell free! ahahaha

Thanks for this thread and the generosity with our friends

Update two:

Shalimar gone to Alicka 61

Keep the requests coming, first in ... you know

Perhaps those who get something from me might like to do a little good deed in turn for someone else - something simple like complimenting the little girl at the cash register at the supermarket on her efficient, friendly service, a kind word to the harassed teller at the bank, a cup of coffee for a homeless person.

Doesn't have to be something big, a little bit of kindness from us is something the only piece of kindness some people experience.
    Last edited by LiliB; 19th June 2011 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiliB View Post
    Perhaps those who get something from me might like to do a little good deed in turn for someone else - something simple like complimenting the little girl at the cash register at the supermarket on her efficient, friendly service, a kind word to the harassed teller at the bank, a cup of coffee for a homeless person. Doesn't have to be something big, a little bit of kindness from us is something the only piece of kindness some people experience.
    Thank you so much LiliB for your generosity, you definitely filled with light.

I do it regularly if I have opportunity - for people and animals. Thanks Lili, it's a wonderful gesture of kindness!

You are very kind and generous woman LiliB.
    DONNA

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Your spirit and mindset put a twinkle in my day. May life be as kind to you as you are to others, LiliB.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

That is very kind and generous of you, LiliB. Even though I've got plenty to keep me busy here, I THANK YOU for your thoughtful gesture!

I echo what all my fellow BN'ers have said! Thank you for your generosity! The world needs more like you.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Free to a good home

I didn't see your offer until just this Sunday morn. Alas it looks like my Holy Grail is gone - Apres L'Ondee.

Oh well...if the lucky person who got the AL'O ever decides that 100 ml. is more than they need, you only need to PM me! I'll take any decants you might want to bestow!

Lili, you are a great lady!
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

Very kind, honest and generous of you, Lili B. Great perfumes deserve to be worn and marveled at.

Blog Entries

The only fragrance that I know and love from the list is Ma Griffe so I PMed the question about it.

Thank you for your willingness to share fragrances with BNers.

Blog Entries

LilyB, I am sure the interest was huge, since your Inbox is full now.
    Since I was not able to send a PM to you, may I ask you about Ma Griffe here?
    I have a square bottle of it from 2000s and I like it, but my true love the version in the round bottle. Is yours square or round? I will be very interested if it is round. If it is square, I will be happy for someone else to get introduced to this wonderful fragrance.

Basenotes Plus

I agree, it's a very kind and generous thing you've done, LiliB!

What a very kind offer LiliB and I love your suggestion to pay it forward!

LiliB, I think I missed out on the Terracotta Voile... your inbox was full by the time I noticed the thread!

However, I too have a made a few mistakes since entering the scented world a few years ago, largely due to buying things unsniffed because I was sure I would love them going by their listed notes. Well, it just doesn't work like that, does it? Anyway, I have never got around to selling my wrong'uns and had often thought I would rather give them away to somebody who would really appreciate them.

I hope this is not hijacking your thread LiliB, but I have three frags here that I do not love, but I feel deserve to be loved, and will be loved by somebody out there. Can I join in and offer mine to any forum members who know and love them?

Mine are:

Caron Coup de Fouet EDT 50ml
    Annick Goutal Songes EDT 50ml
    Parfumerie Generale Un Crime Exotique EDP 50ml

If anyone is interested, please PM me.

And sorry, but I have realized this is going to have to be for UK fume-lovers only, because of shipping restrictions on flammable items.
    Last edited by Jellyfish; 19th June 2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Realized there are shipping restrictions

Aww, this is sweet of you! I hope they all find perfect homes.

Hi everyone

Firstly let me say a sincere thank you for all the kind comments. It does my heart good to bring some pleasure to others, and it often costs me little or nothing to do so.

Our world is often too devoid of the joy of doing something for others, and as I say, sometimes what we do for someone is the only kind thing that happens to them all day.

I only have four perfumes left unclaimed. The Ma Griffe is the one in the square bottle, not the superb juice pre 2000. (I don't know when it was reformulated.)

I'm a bit perplexed that my inbox was full, because there were only 11 messages there, and I gather I should be able to have 25. I have deleted what I could this morning, so we're 'open for business' again.

Ma Griffe EDP 100ml
    Terracotta Voile EDT 100ml
    Bellodgia EDT 100ml
    Tocadilly EDT 100ml

LiliB, the messages in your sent mail also count towards the total of 100 messages.

When you are in the interface to send a private message, look on the left hand side under "messages" and select "Sent Items." Then you can delete old messages.

Basenotes Institution

A really lovely gesture LiliB and Jellyfish .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hi everyone

Predictably enough, the Guerlains and Carons went quickly, and have new homes.

Now I only have the Ma Griffe and Tocadilly left.

I'll just note your generosity LiliB.

Also - a word of warning when you get to Australia Post. They won't let you send fragrances in the mail, so be prepared to say the parcel contains something else.

Ah yes, it's remarkable how many times I have received 'scented candles' or 'beauty products' from overseas companies containing something else.

Although I try to be as honest as I can be, sometimes a little subterfuge is unfortunately necessary. My first three parcels went an hour ago, so within a couple of weeks, someone will have a little surprise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiliB View Post
    I only have four perfumes left unclaimed. The Ma Griffe is the one in the square bottle, not the superb juice pre 2000. (I don't know when it was reformulated.)

I'm a bit perplexed that my inbox was full, because there were only 11 messages there, and I gather I should be able to have 25. I have deleted what I could this morning, so we're 'open for business' again.
    LiliB, if you like some vintage Ma Griffe EDT -- already reformulated -- I do not have any favorite juice from 1960s and 1990s -- please let me know.

And when you send the PMs, the Sent messages get saved as well and count toward your quota. Two options: turn this off in the Settings or every once in a while download the messages and save them as texts. Or delete often.

While sending internationally, many of us show: "Used Cosmetics" in the Nature of Goods box. Where is the lie -- in used? or in cosmetics?

Declared Customs Value is always under $10 -- this is a lie, but better than "None".

The Songes proved unexpectedly popular, and has found a new home.

Coup de Fouet and Un Crime Exotique are still up for grabs though. And after taking advice from Twolf (thank you Twolf) I am now willing to send these internationally as "used cosmetics".

hummm...difficult to tell - they both read quite nicely. maybe the first one - I like vetiver in a ladies frag.

You are wonderful!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Yeah, I also received fragrances declared as "Christmas decoration" and even "Dresser Decoration".

I've found new homes for all three of my fragrances now.

Thanks everyone.

That's the true spirit of Basenotes, LiliB. A tip of the hat to you for your generosity.

I think it's the spirit to encourage interest in fragrance, and to share of what we have.

We also need to cultivate the spirit of "paying it forward," too. I have been the happy recipient of many kind BNers' kindness.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

LiliB, your bottle has made its way to my door in Western Australia today, and, as I already own some Apres L'Ondee, will soon soon find a new home with my mother, thank you! She will be over the moon!
    It was so generous of you to share your perfumes, and I shall soon return the gesture in kind.

For new(er) Basenoters:

See, how it is done? Learn from it, please. SoS informed everybody right here on the thread plus left Lili B a Feedback entry on the iTrader. Please do not forget that last one -- I can't count the times when new(er) people said "I did not know it was possible".

Hi Lili, the Tocadilly arrived this morning, beautifully packed. I have left a note on iTrader too. Thank you so much once again for your generosity.

Thank you, Lili, for the beautiful Terracotta Voile d'Ete received this morning. I will remember your generocity every time I wear it, and I will be looking for ways to pass the kindness on too.

Hi Jellyfish

Wear it in good health and happiness. It's lovely and characterful and I'm glad it suits you.

Songes arrived from Jellyfish in England today. Thank you fso much to Jellyfish and to LiliB for starting this thread. I'll be wearing it tomorrow! Tonight my dog Flo is wearing a little spritz and trailing it from room to room.

Blog Entries

This is really heart (and nose) warming!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

The lovely L'Heure Bleue arrived in California this afternoon. It made the long voyage across the Pacific safe and sound thanks to your sturdy, insulated packaging. I really can't thank you enough for the genuine kindness you've displayed. I've never worn L'Heure Bleue from anything but a sample vial, and I can't tell you what a difference the actual bottle's generous spray makes. This is a beautiful fragrance that will make me think of your generosity every time I wear it.

I'm not a great fan of having a tiny sample to use to enjoy a perfume. I find them frustratingly limiting at times.

Heck, life's too short.

Spray generously, drink it in, fill the room with the fragrances you love. It's a fairly inexpensive way to get a little joy in what is sometimes a pretty uninspiring day.