Code of Conduct

Default Robert Piguet and fragrances for men......

I recently purchased Bandit for Men @ my local swap...for 15 bucks and it is a GREAT buy and find....which got me to wondering about other fragrances in the Piguet line...so a trip to Neiman's was in order and some sniffing....I quite like Visa in that line as well as Fracas which is most certainly too feminine at least for me....Is anyone familar with Fracas for Men? I can't seem to find that one for testing.....

Default Re: Robert Piguet and fragrances for men......

Have both in my collection but haven't used them in a long time - talking years.

Fracas for Men has NOTHING to do with Fracas, the original. As per reviews and posts here in BaseNotes, it seems Piguet was licensed to another company with a different business concept in mind. Piguet was later re licensed or sold, the point being, the new company decided to relaunch the original protfolio of frgarances according to the original business concept, this meaning, manufacturing and marketing high-quality fragrances.

IMHO, Fracas for men is very much alike to Lomani Lomani pour Homme (1987), except that this last one has very evident citric / lemon notes in the top and mid notes. In the case of Fracas, the blend includes spices and, somehow, leather. It is a good scent, with very cheap packaging, very inexpensive, and in my opinion, good smelling. I think it might be liked among those with a "no-frills" attitude toward scents. Now, if you are alooking for an original, complex, sillage-wise scent with remarkable longevity, you might as well look somewhere else.

This is a subtle, gentlemanly, restrained, and very traditional fragrance, somewhow old-school.

Banned

Any of the Piguets are wearable by men. The vintage Visa extrait i sourced a few months ago is one of the gems of my collection...

The old Cravache had a touch of leather and was truly inspired by the name "cravache," which is a riding crop.

Now it lacks that leather, and the women's Bandit is far better.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    The old Cravache had a touch of leather and was truly inspired by the name "cravache," which is a riding crop.

Now it lacks that leather, and the women's Bandit is far better.
    Ditto Primerose. I also much enjoy Futur that's a sort of Bandit without leather. It's such extremely clean to become challenging...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here