Code of Conduct

Default M7 Fresh...What Do You Think About It's Sillage?

I got a bottle of M7 Fresh recently, and I definitely like it. I had never smelled the original, but I think this one's good...especially on fabric. It's unique, and a little unusual (in a good way). It smell like cherries and oud with a dry, medicinal citrus frosting its edge.

Anyway, lately I've been trying work on my sillage game, so to speak...applying just the right amount so as to project and get noticed in a subtle way, but as to never become intrusive in the least. The problem is, my nose doesn't always tell me the truth. And what happens from time to time is I drastically over-apply fresh or light scents believing the smell to be very faint when in actuallity I'm reaching new heights of cloyingness (for example; yesterday; 17 sprays of Live Jazz = terrible idea).

M7 Fresh is one of those scents--light and seemingly quiet--that I may tend to overapply. So my question is, for those of you who have owned or currently own this scent, what do you think of it's sillage and projection?

Does it project to some degree? Could you detect it on another person if they only applied 3 or 4 sprays an hour ago? Or does it always stay close to the skin and transparent?

What has been your experience in this regard?

My instinct is to apply it heavily, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to fine-tune the craft of application, for each scent, to get just the right amount out of it, and I don't completely trust my nose at this point.

--Buysblind

Default Re: M7 Fresh...What Do You Think About It's Sillage?

Oh, it definitely projects, albeit its sillage isn't quite strong as in the original M7, and in fact it can be cloying quite easily for others. Perhaps it is a case of olfactory fatigue.

For me it's sillage is fine.

It's sillage and longevity are deceiving to the wearer. After a couple of hours it seems to fade and not be noticed to my nose, but I've had a few women ask me what I was wearing well after the 4 hour mark. 4 Spray max. One on the back of the neck, one on the chest or shirt and 2 on the inner elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's sillage and longevity are deceiving to the wearer. After a couple of hours it seems to fade and not be noticed to my nose, but I've had a few women ask me what I was wearing well after the 4 hour mark. 4 Spray max. One on the back of the neck, one on the chest or shirt and 2 on the inner elbows.

Appreciate it, silentrich. It's a new one for me so rather than make obnoxious mistakes along the way I was looking for a little guidance beforehand. For some reason, it takes my nose time to adjust to new frags and they tend to give me olfactory fatigue very easily.

An under-appreciated scent for sure. One of my summer faves.

It's just a bit on the synthetic side for my taste, but that synthetic edge comes with a huge bonus.....tremendous longevity for a fresher/citrus/fruity scent, and very good sillage as well.

It's one I didn't fully like at first, much like the original M7, but have grown to really appreciate both.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's sillage and longevity are deceiving to the wearer. After a couple of hours it seems to fade and not be noticed to my nose.
    totally agree , I┤ll say a limited sillage and average longevity.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

It has above-average sillage and longevity for a fresh scent...about on par with Live Jazz. I'd go with 3 sprays myself, and wouldn't recommend more than 4-5 sprays max.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

A very good fragrance and the sillage is good also!
    Gary

I find it since it's a woody fragrance, it does not seem to have a lot of projection

I think the sillage is average. But when in doubt, never go over 4-5 sprays, with a couple coming in the chest range. Trust me thats enough for most fragrances.

Cmax...

Great smell, dries down to a "lighter" M7. Sillage below average and mediocre longevity are its flaws...

It doesn't have big projection but 5 or so sprays lasts me all day without becoming a skin scent.