Code of Conduct

Default I need the perfect scent for a cruise in the bahamas!

I am actually looking for two fragrances. One for when im at the ocean or on the ship deck. And one for when im dancing or at a fancy dinner. Im 16. Any reccomendations would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: I need the perfect scent for a cruise in the bahamas!

Virgin Island Water

Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Barts - ocean/deck
    Tommy Bahama for Men - dinner
    These would do any 16 year old wardrobe great. I know because my son sampled mine, and then went out and got his own.They can be had for less than $20 bucks each at any Marshalls or TJ Maxx.
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

Creed Virgin Island Water in the morning/ocean deck. Aventus in the evening/dinner.

Or

Guerlain Homme L'Eau in the morning/ocean deck. And L'Instant de Guerlain for evening/dinner.

For the day, Estee Lauder white linen. For the night, Caron Troiseme homme. Though both will work nicely for all circumstances. If the budget is larger and you have access, I'd recommend Sycomore by Chanel, again for both occasions.

cacio

Millesime Imperial

Yeah, I would have said something along the lines of VIW, too, but then saw he might not be able to afford it. The Set Sail suggestion would fit that pretty close for the cheap price. Not close enough for my tastes but that's just my preference.

Something like Dolce & Gabbana The One might be a good night time one. A little tropical fruity, a bit romantic, not too heavy, cheap enough for a young guy to get. Heck, he could make a few trips to sephora and get enough samples to last him the whole cruise without buying a bottle...hehe.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Edit delete
    Last edited by Jridgen; 20th June 2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Plus 1 to creed Aventus,. That is royal island pineapple. Guerlain Homme L'eau is great as well. VIW is a great fragrance but WAY too feminine in my book. I would steer clear from that.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Virgin Island Water
    Spot on! +1

Another vote for Tommy Bahama. For night time and dinner, I'd recommend John Varvatos (original).

P.S. I actually went to Atlantis Bahamas a couple of months ago, and I only bought a couple of samples of D&G The One, which was enough for the whole week I was there.

Blog Entries

Question Re: I need the perfect scent for a cruise in the bahamas!

Quote Originally Posted by awesomebrenton View Post
    I am actually looking for two fragrances. One for when im at the ocean or on the ship deck. And one for when im dancing or at a fancy dinner. Im 16. Any reccomendations would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.
    Didn't you post the same query back in January or February? Did the cruise not come off then? Back on now?
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

i have been to the bahamas. at night you want to use Rose 31. in the daytime you want to use amouage - Ciel. It will be expensive, but well worth it. Everytime I wear Rose 31 it brings me back to the bahamas

Voyage d'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by Saintpaulia View Post
    Didn't you post the same query back in January or February? Did the cruise not come off then? Back on now?
    Please do NOT spoil this suggest-me-a-CREED thread.

My special recommendation is for sure: EROLFA - as this cologne was, according to a CREED sales person, a gift for every TITANIC passenger on the luxury deck. In the end it didn't made a difference. But as long as the free breeze could distribute this perfectly maritime scent all over the ocean where the TITANIC floated, EROLFA lifted the wearer way over the nameless mass on the lower decks. This marvel is still in production, and I feel it deserves some push nowadays.

Don't worry about Your ship, though. EROLFA wouldn't have the power to dump it. Wear it with confidence. EROLFA fits the situation perfectly with its aquatic/oceanic smell, its relaxing ease will underline Your cruise.
    Last edited by WildThingy; 21st June 2011 at 06:01 AM.

+1 Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts

A nice, safe citrus musk that is ideal for warm weather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Willing to pay more? Virgin Island Water.
    On a budget? Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts for Men

+1 Virgin island water
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Anything you like

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

+1 Erolfa

As a 16-ish year old I wore Essenza di Zegna summer edition by Ermenegildo Zegna. I'd recommend this for daytime only though as it is quite light, fresh and a cross between citrus/aquatic. Very affordable and not industrial smelling.

Evening Drinks: Frapin Caravelle Epicee
    Dinner: Millesime Imperial
    Daytime: Virgin Island Water

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    +1 Erolfa
    Thank You for supporting me. A trip, or as he says a cruise over the ocean has to be accompanied by an aquatic/oceanic scent. While others focus on drinking alcoholic beverages at the beach (Virgin Island Water) or showing off besides the captain (Windsor Original Millimeter) EROLFA resembles all he is going to experience! I can't think of a more perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Galizur View Post
    Creed Virgin Island Water in the morning/ocean deck. Aventus in the evening/dinner.

Or

Guerlain Homme L'Eau in the morning/ocean deck. And L'Instant de Guerlain for evening/dinner.

Blog Entries

Dude, your answer is in your query! Go to the local Tommy Bahama store and get some samples and use them on the cruise.

Not enough?..........................go the Carribean/Lime/Bay Rum route! So many bay rums, try the Burt's Bees soap and scents.
    Howabout the Royall Lime line?

bon voyage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Ocean/Ship Deck

*Creed Virgin Island Water (no matter what anybody says man, if you can afford this, its absolutely the best option IMO for a cruise. Find a reputable dealer online with a decent price, and you might not have to sell your right arm for it.)

*Guerlain Homme L'Eau (this is also great...when you smell it you'll see how it just "fits the bill.")

*Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts

*Creed Erolfa (again, if you can afford it. Still I feel like this may smell a little too salty/briny for you if you're into what most teens find as acceptable/wearable. Not really "old fashioned" at all, but may or may not be your thing. For what it's worth, one of the most enthusiastic compliments I've EVER gotten came from this frag. But your mileage may vary.)

*Agua de Loewe (dirt cheap online (approx $25 US) and one of my most complimented fragrances)

Night/Dinner

*Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea (still light, but slightly more "creamy" smelling...worth a try)

*Creed Aventus (one spray to your neck is really enough)

*Allure Homme Edition Blanche

*Antonio Banderas Seduction in Black (also dirt cheap, and can be found at CVS/Walgreens type stores for $20-30)

*Gucci Pour Homme II

*Creed Millesime Imperiale (probably the best smelling of the night options)

I'm going on a cruise in August, and will probably bring 2-3 of these along. For sure, VIW. Waiting to sample DSquared2's Ocean Wet Wood to see if that's something that would work. I consider myself young (just turned 25), and always try to find scents that are realistically wearable in my age group, aren't TOO common, but that most people would appreciate. Some ppl on this site kinda throw frag ideas around for youngsters that I consider "too bold" or scents that don't particular fit "the age group." Yes, wear whatever...blah blah. But I don't like smelling older than I am or like something that "isn't me" just for the sake of the fragrance being "rare."

All this to say that I tried to give you fragrance ideas that I think you and others around you will ACTUALLY appreciate, work for "cruise" usage, and whose smells you will associate with that cruise for the rest of your life. Check any of these on the directory, and I think you'll find that most people agree.
    I smell better than you.

AromiErotici

I can recommend Beach by Morabito and an inexpensive formal scent of Brooks Brothers New York.