Code of Conduct

Default Please help me find rose and cedarwood scents!

I'm not very fond of rose notes, but I've found (through some aromatherapy oils and home fragrances) that I like the combination of rose and cedarwood. Do you know any scents that are dominated by this combination of notes? Which ones are your favourites? I don't have a problem wearing unisex or masculine scents.

Default Re: Please help me find rose and cedarwood scents!

Try Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer Perfumes. Although I can't detect the rose in it, many others can, and it's a very good floral-cedar in any case.

I'm not sure it's cedary, but Sisley's Soir de Lune is a nice *woody* rose.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Angelitos Angel's Love, hard to find in the US though

Moschino's Moschino Couture!

Very cedarwood dominant!

Lalique Perles de Lalique
    Le Labo Rose 31

Dolce Vita

Blog Entries

There is no other I can think of but the great Femininite du Bois.

Clarins Par Amour is rose + cedar and other woods. Also, Fresh Cannibis Rose might work--it has a woody base which includes patchouli plus rose on top. A more natural smelling fragrance is Red Flower Guaiac--rose essential oil and sweet wood.

Thank you for all these names, many of them are new to me (probably because I have been avoiding rose before). I'm off ordering samples!

My SotD today, Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere matches your criteria perfectly

Besides that, Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose is another brilliant scent featuring a turkish rose with cedarwood, among other notes.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Clarins Par Amour would be my suggestion too!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

OMG.
    Gres Cabaret.
    Try it. Very cedar-rose.
    Transparent, woody, not too sweet, and uncomplicated.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 4th February 2009 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    OMG.
    Gres Cabaret.
    Try it. Very cedar-rose.
    Transparent, woody, not too sweet, and uncomplicated.
    I second this! It's really lovely and terrifically wearable.

Hillaire

Tauer 's Incense Rose

Great thread, I'm rushing to try Incense Rose. I just tried Rose Flamenca, Rosine's woody rose, (thanks Quarry!) and loved it. What it made me realize is that I like "furry, comfy" woody roses and not transparent ones, a la Paestum Rose, which is very admirable scent that did nothing for me. (I also intensely dislike the transparent SL's violets.) So AnnaSa, maybe transparency is a factor to consider.

Tiempe Passate by Antonia's Flowers is a dry, slightly salty cedar and rose scent with some iris.

Just adding a here-here for Cabaret and maybe Le Maroc pour elle (there is wood--but also a lot of spice and rose, so I hadn't thought of it as cedary)

Two gorgeous scents.

wonderful thread. I didn't realize that cedar is a note common to many of my favorites
    Aha! It is the cedar and wood notes that make some roses my favorites. And the lack thereof that I dislike in other rose scents.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 5th February 2009 at 02:56 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Thank you so much, this is really interesting and I'm going to try all the scents you recommend, even though it might take some time!

Sofar I've tried Cadjmere, Rose 31, Feminité de Bois and Paestum Rose - the ones I had samples of at home.

Chestnut: Thank you, I believe you are right in what you say about transparancy - i feel the same way about Paestum Rose, so I will defenitely look up Rose Flamenca!

I had an old sample of Cadjmere in my sample box that I had forgotten about, I'm so glad you reminded me of it, Amit, because that is a GREAT scent! Maybe not really what I'm looking for, but my admiration for Parfumerie Generale is growing every day.

I absolutely adore Feminité de Bois (who doesn't?), but I don't get much rose when I smell it. Still, it is a great blend of wood and flowers to me.

And finally: Rose 31. I'm wearing it right now and it's much better than I remembered. Maybe a little too transparent and light, but I can clearly smell both the wood and a really good rose. If this one was amplified a little, I think it could be THE rose and cedarwood scent.

I'll be back as soon as I've learned more!

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Clarins Par Amour is rose + cedar and other woods. Also, Fresh Cannibis Rose might work--it has a woody base which includes patchouli plus rose on top. A more natural smelling fragrance is Red Flower Guaiac--rose essential oil and sweet wood.
    Strong 2nd for the Clarins...beautiful, dry cedar with a touch of rose. Stunning scent.

I would second Dolce Vita. Although not a true 'rose' scent, the melange of florals with peach, cedar wood, and vanilla. Gives the impression of a dusky rosy woodsy scent.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Fourthing Cabaret. The rose note is strong, but so is the cedar. Love this one!

I've also noticed that I don't always love rose by itself, but a woody rose? Bring it on!
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

My mind went right to the aforementioned Paestum Rose.

Smile Re: Please help me find rose and cedarwood scents!

I looked up some fragrances with rose and cedar notes and (surprisingly) found that they actually are both very common notes that are used together in perfumes.
    Three fragrances I found that contain both rose ad cedar notes are: Red Door by Elizabeth Arden (which I actually love!), Halston by Halston and L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci. (I also love this last one.)
    I have (unfortunately) never been able to find Halston by Halston in stores, probably because it's an older fragrance from the 1970's and maybe isn't so popular anymore. So, I can't tell you what it actually smells like or if I like it. The other two are definitely really nice though. I can't say that I think either of them smell predominantly like rose or cedar though (I had no idea they contained those notes) but you might still like them.

I just found out that Caleche by Hermes also has rose and cedar notes, and I think the woody notes are probably more noticeable in this one so you might like it more.

If anyone is still looking for a strongly cedary rose, I highly recommend Sonoma's Vintage Rose.