Code of Conduct

Default L de Lolita Lempicka vs Fleur de Corail

Trying to figure out the difference between these. When I look at Amazon these come up under the same searches. They appear to have the same box and bottle. Are these two scents or one?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: L de Lolita Lempicka vs Fleur de Corail

two scents. They do have the same bottle and the same nose (Maurice Roucel) but L de Lolita Lampicka Fleur de Corail is a flanker (offshoot of the original)

L de Lolita Lempicka, launched 2006

Top Notes -Bitter orange, Cinnamon
    Middle Notes-Immortal flower, Vanilla
    Base Notes-Precious woods, Solar notes, Musks

Lde Lolita Lampicka Fleurs de Corail Launched 2008 and already discontinued
    Top Notes -Grapefruit, Bergamot
    Middle Notes -Frangipani, Vanilla orchid
    Base Notes -Driftwood, Musk, Amber

Hope this helps
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Thanks for the info. I thought L de Lolita was harder to find... Fleur de Corail is available at Neiman Marcus, so I guess it's not discontinued everywhere?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...estid%253D1184

I find L to be more balanced. I guess it's the Immortal note that "saves" this incredibly sweet composition from being cloying. Fleurs De Corall is definitely sweeter, IMO.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

Some discontinued scents are available for a long time after they stop making it.. F de C is often seen at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. too.

I like both of these scents but F de C appeals to me more. As alfarom noted, F de C is definately sweeter- but it also has a kind of salt-water note that I just love.

Enjoy testing and let us know your impressions..
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I saw both of these at my local TJ Maxx this afternoon.

You can still buy both versions at Sephora, but I would also look at discounters online or places like Marshall's and TJ Maxx. Major discounts to be had off merchandise.

I prefer the Coral Flower to the original L. Coral Flower is less sweet and with less cinnamon.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I have both. The L bottle is clear aqua blue glass. The FdC bottle is cloudy glass in a lighter shade of the same blue. I think the charms on the sprayer are slightly different, too. The fragrance L is more powerful, vanillic, good for evening, where FdC is lighter, has a noticeable coconut note, and is suitable for daywear.

Gonna have to find a TJ Maxx near me I guess! Or see if I can find it to sample at Sacks or Neimans.

Yes,do check the discounters for these!I own both and agree with Primrose that L is the sweeter of the two.Fleur de Corail is more citrus-y,just a lighter scent in general.I like having both;I wear L more in winter,FdC in warmer weather.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I'm wearing L de Lolita Lempicka today, and I like it very much (better than when I first sampled it some years ago, but I have a taste for sweet & desserty fragrances now). I haven't tried Fleur de Corail, but I'll be on the lookout for it. I love coconut.

Well the other day I went to try to find this at Marshalls, Nordstroms Rack or Ross. They had one gift set at Nordstroms Rack, but sadly it had been opened and messed with. It had no spray nozzle on it. I asked an employee to see if they had another one but they didn't she apologized and explained that they had to mark it out of inventory and send it back. I asked if I could try to spray some out to at least test it so I could order it online if I liked it. She let me and so now I can report back. This is one of the most amazing and interesting perfumes I've ever smelled. It is SOOO ME. You really can smell the salt in it. It is delicious, vanilla and salt. It's like the kettle corn of perfume. I want it! So I ordered a large size tester off fragrancex!

Anyway, other stuff I got on this try, mostly blind buying, but some I had smelled before:

1) Arden Provocative Woman: Had read a few reviews of this because it was so cheap. Thought for $6.99 I wanted to try it. Nice smell! Not anything extraordinary but this is likely to be my travel perfume for when I am packing light and only want to bring one scent I wont care if I loose or gets broken.
    2) Calvin Klein Euphoria EDT: Smelled this at Macy's one day and LOVED it. Figured this would be a good not quite blind buy because I hadn't yet actually sampled it but I knew I loved it on the card. Haven't tested it yet.
    3) Liz by Liz Claiborne: Purple one, not old 80s white with stripes one. Have a feeling I will probably return this. Smelled it but didn't wear it yet, wasn't sure I would like it.
    4) Vintage Soul by Curve: Smells like grapes. Also haven't worn.
    5) Violette eau Gourmande by Laura Mercier: Tried this today and ehhhh no I hate it. Going back to Marshalls. I am not sure if I dislike the Mimosa or Vetiver but it has a weird fresh green smell I just can't stand.
    6) Kundalini by XOXO: This was my suprise of the day. I had no idea what this stuff was and couldn't find anything about it online on my phone at Marshalls. For $9.99 I wanted to give it a shot. I was just drawn to the box. At first spray I thought "Woah Patchouli" and didn't think I was gonna like it. Seemed harsh too. After about ten minutes it settled down into the prettiest vanilla tone with a bit of patchouli to it and some spice maybe. This one is a keeper!

Nice, katk925, you got some bargains! Kundalini sounds very interesting. I have Provocative Woman and enjoy it very much. It's been a go-to scent for me. When I'm not sure what fragrance I'm in the mood for PW usually suits me and doesn't let me down. I like Euphoria on others, but I can't wear it myself. I've always been curious about all those Curve variations I've seen, though I've never sniffed any. Grape would not be for me, only because I already have enough fruity stuff. I love them, but have to put the skids on the fruit now. I may go to Marshalls/TJ Maxx to see whether I can find any LL Fleur de Corail. That one sounds great. And I love the LL bottles.

Oh! I just realized. The one I found was L de Lolita regular, not Fleur de Corail.

Glad you got to try L!It really is something different for lovers of the oriental vanilla genre.That salty note just makes me crave it at times.
    For those looking for either of these,Amazon usually has them somewhat discounted-but you'll probably do better on price if you can find them at T.J.Maxx or the like.Wish I had known this would happen back when I first purchased L.I did get FdC for a steal,though!
    The nose wants what it wants!