Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan sale - I've just managed to get 100ml of Jour de Fete (for £21!!)

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and I couldn't see that someone else has posted about it, but L'Artisan is having a sale (UK and EU only). After looking long and hard for a bottle of Jour de Fete as it's discontinued, I was absolutely made up to go to the sale page and find that L'Artisan are selling off the remaining stock of JdF and at such a low price.

Has anyone else managed to score anything good in the sale?

The sale announcement also brought with it the news that a number of scents are being discontinued

This is also your chance to stock up on some fragrances we will be discontinuing: Côte d'Amour 250ml, La Haie Fleurie 100ml, and Navegar 100ml won't be available after the sale. We are also discontinuing 50ml sizes in a few fragrances (Drôle de Rose, Voleur de Roses, Verte Violette, Tea for Two), but you will still be able to find them in 100ml.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: L'Artisan sale - I've just managed to get 100ml of Jour de Fete (for £21!!)

Congratulations, Bagfish! Happy for you.

Even though I'm not in the market for any of these, nor a European resident, I thank you for sharing the news.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: L'Artisan sale - I've just managed to get 100ml of Jour de Fete (for £21!!)

How wonderful for you! I love Jour de Fête-- it's a very cozy scent.

Oh Bagfish... thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have just snagged Jour de Fete and Drole de Rose in the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    Oh Bagfish... thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have just snagged Jour de Fete and Drole de Rose in the sale.
    So pleased that the link was of use to you. I have been upset at the discontinuation of Jour de Fete and my inability to find a bottle and I was overwhelmed when I saw it for sale and had to share with others who would know how I felt and who may be able to make use of the link.

I hope JdF and Drole de Rose bring you much scented pleasure.

And thankyou to the other two commenters for sharing my pleasure

All scents are available or selected scents only?

Many thanks for the news and the link!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I couldn't resist ordering Jour de Fete either!
    Thanks for the link, Bagfish. Are you anything to do
    with L'Artisan?
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Thank you for the link. Tempted by the Iris.
    DONNA

Volley2, only select items are on sale.
    They have sale items for the US too, but a more limited selection- no Jour de Fete. Glad I stocked up when I first heard that JdF was being discontinued, a couple years ago. If you've wanted it and are in the UK or EU- get it now, huge discount- and when it was gone here in the US, it was gone. I think the only site at which I've seen it in stock in the last year, is Luscious Cargo; and who knows if it still is?

I picked up some Verte Violette. I really hope this isn't a sign that they are phasing it out (regardless of what the email says), or reformulating. It's my holy grail!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

If anyone in USA is looking for Jour de Fete, Beautycafe has it-- 50ml bottles for $95, but don't forget the 10% discount with coupon code "Basenotes".

Oops, I was late!
    Most of the scents on sale are out of stock, arghhh!
    How does sunshine smell like?

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I couldn't resist ordering Jour de Fete either!
    Thanks for the link, Bagfish. Are you anything to do
    with L'Artisan?
    No, nothing to do with L'Artisan, I just happened to be on their mailing list (and loved Jour de Fete and mourned when it was discontinued)

Has anyone actually received anything from L'Artisan? Looks like they don't have enough stock and people who have placed orders are not receiving anything.

Quote Originally Posted by malabah View Post
    Has anyone actually received anything from L'Artisan? Looks like they don't have enough stock and people who have placed orders are not receiving anything.
    Ouch, that's awful....

Mine arrived yesterday, I ordered on 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagfish View Post
    Ouch, that's awful....

Mine arrived yesterday, I ordered on 22nd.
    Hey you are lucky! Loads of people ordered on the 22nd also and got nothing. What did you order? Was it JDF? It seems to be the only fragrance that people receive.

Quote Originally Posted by malabah View Post
    Hey you are lucky! Loads of people ordered on the 22nd also and got nothing. What did you order? Was it JDF? It seems to be the only fragrance that people receive.
    I ordered Jour de Fete, Ile Bourbon room spray and Invitation Creole candle and now I feel lucky to have received them.

Looks like something went very wrong with the sale if people aren't getting their stuff. But how odd to send out a publicity e-mail and then not be able to deal with the orders that ensue.

I've noticed on the L'Artisan sale page all the sold out frags have "More stock coming soon" marked, so maybe those of us who ordered will get our stuff after all.

I hope they restock some of these sale items (although it's wishful thinking). I'd love to pick up Tea for 2 for £25!

On Brandalley they have L'Artisan every few months on sale. Strangely the Vanille turns up a lot on there.

I did read on MUA loads of complains about money being taken for orders then nothing, no replies to emails etc. Then finding out don't have the stock to supply orders.
    DONNA

I ordered 50 ml Voleur de Roses yesterday, and now the site seems to be down.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Just thought I'd share, I'm really hoping to get my hands on some Tea for Two for that price, so dropped them a quick email asking if there would be any more stock added.

"The available products should be visible on the website. We may get more products towards the end of the week."

Vague, but hopeful...

Don't give up hope, folks! I've just arrived at work to find my L'Artisan parcel waiting for me on my desk. Looks like they did get more stock after all.

Happy days!

L'artisan told me Cote d'Amour and everything else frm that "naturelle" collection is being discontiued. It was a "green" or "BIO" line as the French say.

Quote Originally Posted by shopfranceinc View Post
    L'artisan told me Cote d'Amour and everything else frm that "naturelle" collection is being discontiued. It was a "green" or "BIO" line as the French say.
    Damn! I love L'Eau de Jatamansi.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Damn! I love L'Eau de Jatamansi.
    Me too!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I need to get me some L'eau de Jatamansi soon then. I've not even smelled it but I'm guessing I'll like it as it's by one of my favorite perfumers, the cute and talented Karine Vinchon.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I cannot find any sale on the web, pls help!

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    I cannot find any sale on the web, pls help!
    Oh dear, the sale was earlier this year! I don't think that they have one just now.