Code of Conduct

Default Sebastiane Espresso Royale?

I absolutely love this stuff. It opens with a freshly brewed espresso, warm spicy chai latte, and a bit of a carmel/chocolate vibe, then drys down to a still spicy chai latte and coffee cake. I absolutely love this stuff. I haven't really heard much about it though. What are you guys' opinions of this fragrance?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sebastiane Espresso Royale?

http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi.../?house=104036

No reviews-Not a popular house but Black Magic's pyramid seems tempting
    How is longevity and projection of ER?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi.../?house=104036

No reviews-Not a popular house but Black Magic's pyramid seems tempting
    How is longevity and projection of ER?
    It projects about 6-7 hours at a decent amount. So I would say both are about average. It's perfect to get me through a school day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post
    I absolutely love this stuff. It opens with a freshly brewed espresso, warm spicy chai latte, and a bit of a carmel/chocolate vibe, then drys down to a still spicy chai latte and coffee cake. I absolutely love this stuff. I haven't really heard much about it though. What are you guys' opinions of this fragrance?
    Have yet to try this but look forward to soon. A colleague of mine always talks positively about this.

(3349)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I like it a lot, that's why I recommended it to you.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 26th June 2014 at 02:21 PM.

anyone else tried it?

Its a great gourmand scent. I own it and enjoy it thoroughly. Sillage and projection are good. To me, this is a fall/winter scent.
    What did Obi-Wan say to Luke at the dinnertable?
    Use the fork, Luke.

It's not the perfect coffee yet. Try Ava Luxe Cafe Noir.

I love the cocoa drydown of fragrances like AMen and Dior Homme, but I want a fragrance that has that type of vibe from the beginning. I don't want to have to get through Iris and Patchouli notes before I get to that sweet, vanilla, cocoa, coffee smell. I also don't want something as sweet as Rochas Man or as bold as New Haarlem.

From the reviews I've read, the consensus is pretty positive if you're looking for this type of fragrance. That's why I blind bought a bottle of this stuff. It should be coming in on Monday. I'll let you know what I think once I get it.

Alright, my bottle came in today, and I have to say, from my first impressions, I'm a little disappointed. The scent itself is a quality fragrance with some serious staying power (also super oily), but I was hoping for a different kind of coffee than the one I get from this.

The main note here is freshly brewed coffee grounds, dark and concentrated. Then, fighting with this coffee note is hazelnut. It never takes over the fragrance, but it's there the entire time adding that nutty flavor to the mix. These two notes combined with the rum make this a syrupy, dark fragrance, but, to me, the scent never got sweet. A little bit of vanilla comes through at the end, but it never makes this feel like a sweet or creamy scent.

Personally, I was hoping for more of that creamyness aspect of coffee. This is much more in the style of a straight-up espresso. Alas, my search for a creamy coffee fragrance continues. I just recently tried Memoirs of a Trespasser. It's got everything I want from this type of scent, but it's missing the coffee! If someone made something that blended the coffee of Espresso Royale with the creamy sweetness of Memoirs of a Trespasser, that would be my ultimate gourmand fragrance.

But, back to Espresso Royale, I give it 4 out of 5 stars based on my first wearing. It's a quality fragrance that will satisfy anyone wanting an authentic coffee scent, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. I'm putting my bottle up for sale, but I might go back and give this a few more wearings.

Espresso Royale seems like a scent that needs to grow on you as it's not instantly appealing but contains many desirable attributes.

Hope this is helpful to anyone considering the purchase of this fragrance.
    Last edited by That Guy; 15th July 2014 at 05:26 AM.

Alright. I've done a complete 180 on this fragrance. At first, I was a little turned off by the coffee note because it doesn't smell like the coffee I'm used to drinking. Instead, it's more of a bitter coffee grounds type of scent. Mix that with the hazelnut, and I was almost getting a clove-like vibe from it that I didn't like.

However, after wearing it a couple more times, I really like what it has to offer. It's a bitter coffee fragrance without the extreme sweetness of most gourmands. The best way to describe it? It's an acquired taste... just like coffee. Makes sense huh?

Also, it's a beastly performer. I wore this to work, and I could still smell it on me the next day when I was getting sun at the pool.

As long as you're expecting that dark, concentrated, bitter coffee note instead of a creamy, milky coffee note, this is a fragrance that should be embraced by all coffee connoisseurs!

Definitely one of the few gourmands I would recommend to anyone! I'll be giving this a lot of wearings in the fall and winter.

Smells like gingersnaps or some sorta cookie like that. Not very pleasant to me at all. I asked some others and they said the same thing as well. Very little coffee except for the beginning and even then its hidden in the background. The scent is sorta pungent and nostril tingling to me.

For what its worth in terms of performance for what I put on it does very well. And its competitively priced for sure for a niche so I guess if you actually like the smell your good. =/

My hunt for the best coffee/shop fragrance continues sadly~.....