Code of Conduct

Default Creed Herbe Marine

Default Re: Creed Herbe Marine

What is this?!?!??!? :O

Post Thanks / Like

I find the box art work interesting. It lists both the titles of "parfumeur" and "tailleur" and uses 3 different kinds of royal crests. I recall we had discussed this on the boards - when was this released?
    -

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry, but the label looks fake; can someone verify the existence of this fragrance?

It's certainly genuine - I own the tester of which I posted a picture above, and can attest to the quality of the fragrance. Hopefully another member can provide independent verification so we can have this one added to the directory.

Does anyone have a (knowledgeable) contact at Creed who might be able to provide some information about Herbe Marine?

Post Thanks / Like

I already submitted Herbe Marine a few weeks ago to the new "add a fragrance" feature, along with a few other obscure/rare Creeds, but they aren't up yet.

My thoughts are that it may have been of some inspiration to Feuille Verte and was sold in the Private Collection in the early 90's, given the style of the box the flacon came in. I've smelled and worn Herbe Marine and enjoy it immensely. Stewart, I'd be happy to write a contact I have at Creed to see what can be learned. In the past, a BN member was able to confirm the authenticity of "Olivier EdT" and "Olivier EdC" (perhaps one of Olivier Creed's first fragrances, resembling Selection Verte) by Olivier himself. I'm hoping we can do the same here, and also learn a bit more of Y'lang Jonquilles and a couple of the other Private Collection obscurities.

Sounds like a good plan Anthony! I think there's one other - Bois du Rhodes - that a Basenotes member managed to purchase from Creed in Paris. A few years ago a bottle of 'Cuir Imperial' was sold on Ebay - my feeling at the time was that it looked authentic, but have no way to confirm...

Post Thanks / Like

I think zztopp was the one who mentioned Bois du Rhodes (hopefully he can chime in). Did you also see a Bois du Vetyver, Stewart? A 250ml flacon in the same style packaging as the Herbe Marine you showed?

Cuir Imperial.. very interesting. As Creed has discontinued Cuir de Russie, Royal English Leather, and Royal Delight, they need more leather offerings!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    Sounds like a good plan Anthony! I think there's one other - Bois du Rhodes - that a Basenotes member managed to purchase from Creed in Paris. A few years ago a bottle of 'Cuir Imperial' was sold on Ebay - my feeling at the time was that it looked authentic, but have no way to confirm...

Anthony: the only example of 'Bois du Vetyver' that I've seen was a shaving soap. The seller of that Herbe Marine flacon (which I missed out on; didn't make the same mistake when the tester came up) was also selling, as I recall, a vintage bottle of Zeste Mandarine...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clarification, Stewart. I'm thinking of posting more fragrances in the "Fans - Not Fanboys" group of older flacons & boxes I've found.. not SUPER old but definitely early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    Anthony: the only example of 'Bois du Vetyver' that I've seen was a shaving soap. The seller of that Herbe Marine flacon (which I missed out on; didn't make the same mistake when the tester came up) was also selling, as I recall, a vintage bottle of Zeste Mandarine...

Would love to see them, Anthony!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a sample of this one from a lovely BNer in a swap and smelling it now on the strip, it certainly lives up to its name -- I get rosemary, some amber, an impression of ylang ylang, and lots of seaweed -- no calone, thank goodness. Sort of a super classed up and way more deep/natural Guy Laroche Horizon.

creed.jpg

The box is not fake, this is the box of mine Baie de Genievre. I bought it for 35 eur as new and it smells better than newer.