Code of Conduct

Default Shopping Guides -- Missing Philippines and Thailand

I had an interesting experience shopping for perfume in Manila/Pasay and in Bangkok. But there are no sub-forum sections in the Shopping Guide section.

Where is the best place to post this information?
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

Default Re: Shopping Guides -- Missing Philippines and Thailand

Well, as there's been no response, I'll take it upon myself to just post some information here, I guess.

Um, well, if you're in Manila, and you have a layover in the airport, there's a lonely bottle of Versace Blue Jeans (discontinued, ya know) in one corner behind the other Versace stuff. That was my first time to smell it. It's okay. I prefer Black Jeans, myself. I couldn't help but smile when the sales guy said, "That's for men. Wouldn't you like to try *something-else-that-I-can't-even-remember-but-I'd-already-tried-and-knew-I-didn't-like*." Nice guy, though. He was very helpful, when he realized I wasn't a typical shopper.

The new Suvarnabhumi airport is absolutely *HUGE*. I had to take off from the old Don Muang airport to get to my final destination, and it's kinda embarrassing the difference between the two!

It's like shinkansen meets Greyhound bus.

Anyway, *LOTS* of shopping in Suvarnabhumi. I was shocked. It was also a bit annoying as I didn't have a long layover, and not much time to get to my gate. I thought I was walking in circles, at one point, but no, the shops just repeat themselves. Multiple times.
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

Hi there,
    any fragrances worth to keep a lookout for in Suvarnabhumi airport?

Not really, Singapore has much better choices.
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule