Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Question Help! Difference in Esencia Loewe smell between 2ml sample and 150ml tester

So I ordered a couple 2ml samples of Esencia Loewe on eBay after it was recommended to me on my "bitter green" thread (http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...Green-Animalic) and fell in love. Then I ordered a new 150ml tester from a different ebay seller.

I just received it, and from the first spray, it is apparent that it is a very different fragrance. It's much darker and mossier, not nearly as fresh and delightful as what is in the samples. I am comparing them side by side now and the difference is very obvious to me. And this is not only the top notes: the samples have a dry-rosy freshness, while the big tester has a musty, earthy feel. They're not completely different, but they definitely smell like different formulations. I don't really like this version of the fragrance.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone experienced a reformulation of Esencia Loewe?
    2) Do you think I should exchange the tester for a different bottle? I wonder what the chances are that I will get another bad bottle from the same seller.

Thanks.

Dependent

Default Re: Help! Difference in Esencia Loewe smell between 2ml sample and 150ml tester

Hm, after clearing out the atomizer, it smells much better. Has that ever happened to you? Reply here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/279...ottle-degraded

BUT, it definitely is a different formulation. It's darker and denser. From my research, I think that the sample was new, and the tester old formulation. Which could work out great, since although I liked the brightness of my samples, the longevity was poor (maybe 4 hours). My guess is that they took out the oakmoss and couldn't find anything to replace it with. My tester bottle is definitely more tenacious so far, which is great . . . in fact, I think I am absolutely enthralled that a frag I loved so much is actually better than I thought!