Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Question Help! Difference in Esencia Loewe smell between 2ml sample and 150ml tester

So I ordered a couple 2ml samples of Esencia Loewe on eBay after it was recommended to me on my "bitter green" thread (http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...Green-Animalic) and fell in love. Then I ordered a new 150ml tester from a different ebay seller.

I just received it, and from the first spray, it is apparent that it is a very different fragrance. It's much darker and mossier, not nearly as fresh and delightful as what is in the samples. I am comparing them side by side now and the difference is very obvious to me. And this is not only the top notes: the samples have a dry-rosy freshness, while the big tester has a musty, earthy feel. They're not completely different, but they definitely smell like different formulations. I don't really like this version of the fragrance.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone experienced a reformulation of Esencia Loewe?
    2) Do you think I should exchange the tester for a different bottle? I wonder what the chances are that I will get another bad bottle from the same seller.

Thanks.

Dependent

Default Re: Help! Difference in Esencia Loewe smell between 2ml sample and 150ml tester

Hm, after clearing out the atomizer, it smells much better. Has that ever happened to you? Reply here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/279...ottle-degraded

BUT, it definitely is a different formulation. It's darker and denser. From my research, I think that the sample was new, and the tester old formulation. Which could work out great, since although I liked the brightness of my samples, the longevity was poor (maybe 4 hours). My guess is that they took out the oakmoss and couldn't find anything to replace it with. My tester bottle is definitely more tenacious so far, which is great . . . in fact, I think I am absolutely enthralled that a frag I loved so much is actually better than I thought!

Default Re: Help! Difference in Esencia Loewe smell between 2ml sample and 150ml tester

I've just had the same experience. Bought a 5ml sample - was very bright and fresh, with a gorgeous full dry down, and projected wonderfully.
    Bought the 150ml bottle, and it's much darker, way more base-note heavy. I can clearly make out tonka.
    I was very disappointed because it's an expensive fragrance and I really fell in love with the sample, not so much the bottle scent.
    I've read elsewhere that it's been killed by reformulation.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Dependent

Did you check out the thread about juice going off inside an atomizer tube? Try a few more sprays. While the top notes of my large bottle had definitely degraded a bit compared to brand-new samples, on the whole it's still quite similar.

Yeah, it got a bit better, but the consensus on this one is that it's been killed by reformulation which removed the oakmoss. The quality that made me really like the sample just isn't there any more. I have to lie to myself to like it!
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage