Code of Conduct

Default Santal Blush and Jasmin Rouge are official

Tom Ford has recently unveiled his upcoming make-up line as you've probably heard and among the promotional photos, two once rumoured fragrances caught my attention.

I guess now they're officially coming. The names of the fragrances seem make-up inspired. Since Tom Ford brand has been a home to several great scents, I'm really excited to try these two perfumes and actually wonder if more is on the way.
    Last edited by Mertevenk; 2nd December 2011 at 12:59 PM.

Default Re: Santal Blush and Jasmin Rouge are official

Good news, the world always needs more jasmine and sandalwood! I'm sure TF will do a good job demonstrating these notes.

Any note lists available yet?

Santal Blush has a nice clear bottle...I like it:

[edit: oops, OP has the pic now]
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 17th June 2011 at 02:57 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

Love the clear bottle. I'm on a sandalwood kick these days, so of course this sounds exciting. And expensive. (sigh)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

For the first time since the debut of Private Blend, I'm excited about a Tom Ford fragrance! I'll be intrigued to try both, especially the jasmine.

Basenotes Institution

Me too - I was excited about Moss Breches till is was chopped. I love Noir de Noir and I cannot wait for these to come out.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertevenk View Post
    Santal Blush is in Private Blend Musk Collection resembling packaging and Jasmin Rouge in regular Private Blend packaging. Since Tom Ford brand has been a home to several great scents, I'm really excited to try these two perfumes and actually wonder if more is on the way.
    Santal Blush is a new addition to the Private Blend Musk Collection. Whilst Jasmin Rouge will be added to the regular Private Blend range.

There is also 'Violet Blonde' which is being added as the newest Signature fragrance.

Below are the descriptions of both Jasmin Rouge and Santal Blush released by Tom Ford.

TOM FORD JASMIN ROUGE is a voluptuous, saturated, spiced floral presented in a deep-red bottle. Two bespoke ingredients, Sambac Jasmine Sepals Absolute and Clary Sage Essence, are brought into unexpected union: Together, they create a scent that is hedonistic and erotic. This composition is enhanced with unusual, exotic spices such as Indian ginger, cardamom and cinnamon, and lively florals such as Ylang Ylang, Italian Broom Flower and Neroli. Finally, an accord of Labdanum Resin, Amber and Abstract Woods is wrapped in Vanilla Bean Infusion and Leather to create a sensuous texture. Jasmin Rouge is as audacious as lacquered red lips and dark, smoky eyes.

TOM FORD SANTAL BLUSH is a mesmerizing, spicy wood oriental designed around the richly textured creaminess of Sandalwood, and contrasted with exotic Eastern spices, intoxicating florals, and sumptuous woods. This is a complex scent with a hypnotic and mysterious pull. Masala spices from India, Cinnamon Bark Oil Sri Lanka ORPUR™, Cumin Seed Oil, Fenugrec Absolute and Carrot Seed Oil, are enriched by a floral blend of Jasmine Absolute, Rose Absolute and Ylang Madagascar. An infusion of richly textured Sandalwood captives, Australian Sandalwood, Benzoin, Agarbois™ and Skin Musks, transport the scent to another level. A nude colored juice displayed in a transparent bottle, Santal Blush expresses a modern earthiness. It is as sensual as beautifully contoured nude skin.

Basenotes Institution

Wow the Santal Blush sounds incredible. But then again, that's how press releases are supposed to sound. Look forward to smelling this.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Add my name to the Tom Ford love in , he can do very little wrong in my opinion and these two sound flippin great

I'm interested in these...I just hope that they don't end up being too feminine for my taste. Since they're accompanying a make up line I'm guessing this may be an issue... Either way, looking forward to checking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    TOM FORD JASMIN ROUGE...This composition is enhanced with unusual, exotic spices such as Indian ginger, cardamom and cinnamon...
    TOM FORD SANTAL BLUSH...A nude colored juice displayed in a transparent bottle...
    Does anyone really find ginger, cardamon and cinnamon to be "unusual, exotic spices" ? I thought not.
    And that juice does not resemble any nude that I've ever seen before.
    Who writes this junk anyhow?

The Santal Blush sure does sound incredible. But so did the entire "white" TF line with the musk iterations, and what happened? They were good but not to die for.

Agree with Kevin Guyer - who in TF's ad campaign thinks ginger or cardamom or, for the love of mud, cinnamon, is "exotic"? I mean, really, with chai this and chai that a staple on every Starbucks menu, spice has sort of crossed the threshold into everyday fact, nicht wahr?