Code of Conduct

Thread: robert piguet

Default robert piguet

the fragance robert piguet : (for man or woman )
    which are more persistent?

Default Re: robert piguet

Fracas is surely the most tenacious.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thumbs up Re: robert piguet

Yes, FRACAS, but also BANDIT
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Right now there are only two "officially" designated masculines in their range: Cravache and Fracas for Men (not to be confused with their original, glorious tuberose-themed Fracas). I would avoid Fracas for Men like the plague - it smell like vintage Vitalis hair tonic. Cravache is competently made, citrus topped, woody drydown, semi-fougere. Things get really interesting with the women's offerings, Bandit is an amazing, classic, bitter leather chypre; Baghari, a wonderfully ORANGE dominated, aldehydic chypre; Douglas Hannant updates the original Fracas by adding a pear note.
    I was told that Robert Piquet will be adding a new masculine under the Douglas Hannant name.

Thumbs up Re: robert piguet

About the fake FRACAS FOR MEN, here below the letter sent to the French site " AU PARFUM"

Quelqu’un a t-il des infos sur Fracas For Men Cologne.
    Cela me semble suspect car même le site Robert Piguet ne le mentionne pas.
    Quelqu’un a t-il eu l’occasion de le tester ?

Répondre à ce message

réponse de xxerus, le 10 avril 2011 à 14:26

Fracas

Du coup, j’ai écrit directement à Piguet ; voici la réponse de son directeur, Joe Garces :

"Thank you very much for this information and the website submitted, they will receive a letter from our trademark attorney because they are not allowed to use our trademark because we do not sell to any internet site except Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom and Sephora.
    The previous owner of the Robert Piguet trademark 13 years ago created this cheap fragrance Fracas for Men. We have been trying to track the origin of this present distribution of this fragrance because this is appearing on websites. This is not a genuine Piguet fragrance and as the official owner of the Robert Piguet trademark we have nothing to do with this imposter.
    Thank you again so that you know all of the present Robert Piguet fragrances are made in France and you can see the official products on our website www.robertpiguetparfums.com
    Joe Garces
    President / CEO - ROBERT PIGUET PARFUMS"

UNQUOTE
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    "Thank you very much for this information and the website submitted, they will receive a letter from our trademark attorney because they are not allowed to use our trademark because we do not sell to any internet site except Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom and Sephora.
    The previous owner of the Robert Piguet trademark 13 years ago created this cheap fragrance Fracas for Men. We have been trying to track the origin of this present distribution of this fragrance because this is appearing on websites. This is not a genuine Piguet fragrance and as the official owner of the Robert Piguet trademark we have nothing to do with this imposter.
    Thank you again so that you know all of the present Robert Piguet fragrances are made in France and you can see the official products on our website www.robertpiguetparfums.com
    Joe Garces
    President / CEO - ROBERT PIGUET PARFUMS"

UNQUOTE
    Thanks for sharing this Roberto. Fracas for Men is a disgrace.

As Roberto said, Bandit is perfectly suited to a man (indeed, more to a man than to a woman, I'd say) and is very tenacious. But Futur is fine too (I haven't tested longevity on this). I also own Visa, which I like though it is a little sweet. Longevity is good, though perhaps not Bandit-like.

cacio

Odd that this should come up when Futur is my SOTD!

Bandit and Fracas, surely, are Piguet's leaders in both sillage and tenacity. Baghari is lower-keyed but it lasts a good while. Visa lasts very well, but I don't like it very much.

With Futur, I find that the intoxicating top notes are very fleeting. With repeated wearing of Futur, I found that there is a honey note that seems to encapsulated in the orange blossom of the top. A good contrast with the green/metallic vibe of Futur's overall structure. Tenacity with Futur is decent, but I love to top up because I want to be "intoxicated" all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    But Futur is fine too (I haven't tested longevity on this).

cacio
    Futur, just right after Bandit is one of my favourite "smells" from this line but unfortunately it has some serious longevity issues. Kinda disappointing for that aspect. Bandit is surely the standout but IMO longevity has been "shorted down" with the latest reformulations (that's why I suggested Fracas)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Fracas