Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Red Bank NJ
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    And not really sure how I feel about it yet....it sort of opens like "baie de genievre" and also little syrupy . I am wearing it on my anticubital area and as it wears of I will posnt my feelings Not being blowN away yet

  2. #2

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by bjork728 View Post
    And not really sure how I feel about it yet....it sort of opens like "baie de genievre" and also little syrupy . I am wearing it on my anticubital area and as it wears of I will posnt my feelings Not being blowN away yet
    Take into account please the very low cost... after all Louis in the city has to pay rent.

    Think about it: the moment "Royal" Oud moves from the Creed Boutique to the internet discounters, even if it happens real soon, the quality of the juice will be decreed as being magically inferior, and everybody will still advise you to buy your "Royal" Oud from the Creed Boutique.

    So why shouldn't you do it now anyway?

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    312,513

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Sprayed it on my skin last weekend from a tester available in a major department store in my area that is taking pre-orders and I found it very interesting.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Red Bank NJ
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sprayed it on my skin last weekend from a tester available in a major department store in my area that is taking pre-orders and I found it very interesting.
    It is very interesting it gets smoother and better as it dries down,it's classy but not stuffy stays clean,and that's a good thing!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Thanks for the update to all.....I will sample when it comes to my city!
    Gary

  6. #6

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    I must not be an oud guy. The scent isn't bad but not as good as Aventus and I am not even a big fan of Aventus. Does have a syrupy smell and has similarities to BDG. For 300 bucks I would pass on this. For some reason oud smells very strange to me. I will give it a few more chances but so far I am not blown away.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Red Bank NJ
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I must not be an oud guy. The scent isn't bad but not as good as Aventus and I am not even a big fan of Aventus. Does have a syrupy smell and has similarities to BDG. For 300 bucks I would pass on this. For some reason oud smells very strange to me. I will give it a few more chances but so far I am not blown away.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that thick syrup in the opening,but it does dry down to pleasant cleanliness ,although there's nothing like vetiver48 (totally different class of frag. I know) am I right davidbond?

  8. #8
    zztopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the Dirty South
    Posts
    6,673

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I must not be an oud guy. The scent isn't bad but not as good as Aventus and I am not even a big fan of Aventus. Does have a syrupy smell and has similarities to BDG. For 300 bucks I would pass on this. For some reason oud smells very strange to me. I will give it a few more chances but so far I am not blown away.
    I haven't sprayed from the bottle, but get no 'syrupy' smell at all, certainly nothing like the strawberry-oud of M7. Infact, with lemon, galbanum, pepper and smoky cedar in the base there is hardly any place for any syrup to seep through. Are you guys sure you aren't spraying Royal English Leather instead?
    -

  9. #9

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    The first thing I think of when I see 'syrupy' with oud is M7. I don't think of BdG as syrupy at all.

    I must try this.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Red Bank NJ
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I haven't sprayed from the bottle, but get no 'syrupy' smell at all, certainly nothing like the strawberry-oud of M7. Infact, with lemon, galbanum, pepper and smoky cedar in the base there is hardly any place for any syrup to seep through. Are you guys sure you aren't spraying Royal English Leather instead?
    U kidding right?! Like I don't know what I'm testing.....syrup I detected lasts only for about a minute and it's just a hint of it and I didn't say baie de genevrie smelled syrupy either just that the opening reminded me of it(and I adore BdG)

  11. #11

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by bjork728 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that thick syrup in the opening,but it does dry down to pleasant cleanliness ,although there's nothing like vetiver48 (totally different class of frag. I know) am I right davidbond?
    Bet your ass it is. The Vetiver 48 is divine. They don't make em like that anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I haven't sprayed from the bottle, but get no 'syrupy' smell at all, certainly nothing like the strawberry-oud of M7. Infact, with lemon, galbanum, pepper and smoky cedar in the base there is hardly any place for any syrup to seep through. Are you guys sure you aren't spraying Royal English Leather instead?
    I am sure lmao I got the sample from the boutique. I do not get any cedar in this I was very disappointed. I will give it a few more chances just to make sure I am not going crazy.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeltov View Post
    Take into account please the very low cost... after all Louis in the city has to pay rent.
    Do i have to bring out a Jimmy McMillan Rent is too damn high video? lol

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Red Bank NJ
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Bet your ass it is. The Vetiver 48 is divine. They don't make em like that anymore.



    I am sure lmao I got the sample from the boutique. I do not get any cedar in this I was very disappointed. I will give it a few more chances just to make sure I am not going crazy.
    Yeah....where is the cedar????

  14. #14

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by bjork728 View Post
    Yeah....where is the cedar????
    No idea I was looking forward to nice, manly oud and cedar mixture. Where's the cedar will be the new where's the beef.

  15. #15
    zztopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the Dirty South
    Posts
    6,673

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    This is turning out to be a Where is Waldo? adventure..

    The cedar in Royal Oud is not the pencil sharpener Texas cedar...it is the Atlas variety, more camphor-like with a spicy facet (think hints of sharpish wardrobe insect repellant). The cedar is not the centerpiece note, but it does make an appearance in the drydown.
    -

  16. #16

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    This is turning out to be a Where is Waldo? adventure..

    The cedar in Royal Oud is not the pencil sharpener Texas cedar...it is the Atlas variety, more camphor-like with a spicy facet (think hints of sharpish wardrobe insect repellant). The cedar is not the centerpiece note, but it does make an appearance in the drydown.

    Drydown I get sandalwood and musk. Cedarwood is not here he ran away. And me being a cedarguy and lover of bdp this makes me angry!! lol

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Red Bank NJ
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Drydown I get sandalwood and musk. Cedarwood is not here he ran away. And me being a cedarguy and lover of bdp this makes me angry!! lol
    It's ok davidbond....with some people creed can do no wrong ...lol and I love creed 90 percent of my collection is creed but from time to to time they do release some duds....we'll see where will this one will fall under

  18. #18
    zztopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the Dirty South
    Posts
    6,673

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Drydown I get sandalwood and musk. Cedarwood is not here he ran away. And me being a cedarguy and lover of bdp this makes me angry!! lol
    Its not a cedar-dominant fragrance!

    It just has a cedar note as part of its scent profile in the latter stages and a much smaller component than in BdP. If you are a cedar-guy you won't get your cedar fix from Royal Oud.

    Why are we just focusing on cedar again? I am sorry I brought up cedar. I am going to have nightmares of BN'ers strolling past the perfume counters shouting 'Cedar, we want cedar cedar cedar! All hail cedar!' while holding up dried cedar chip protest boards and pockets overflowing with No. 2 pencils..
    -

  19. #19

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    Quote Originally Posted by bjork728 View Post
    It's ok davidbond....with some people creed can do no wrong ...lol and I love creed 90 percent of my collection is creed but from time to to time they do release some duds....we'll see where will this one will fall under
    I love Creed too, most of my stuff is from Creed but I do not love all of their offerings but that's ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Its not a cedar-dominant fragrance!

    It just has a cedar note as part of its scent profile in the latter stages and a much smaller component than in BdP. If you are a cedar-guy you won't get your cedar fix from Royal Oud.

    Why are we just focusing on cedar again? I am sorry I brought up cedar. I am going to have nightmares of BN'ers strolling past the perfume counters shouting 'Cedar, we want cedar cedar cedar! All hail cedar!' while holding up dried cedar chip protest boards and pockets overflowing with No. 2 pencils..
    I know!! It's just that it says it has cedar in it and I cannot smell it. I will be the leader of this protest lol.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Just opened a sample of ROYAL OUD from Louis in the city...

    I'm looking forward to my sample.




Similar Threads

  1. so i re-tested my sample of C***d Royal English Leather....
    By everso in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 6th February 2009, 07:32 AM
  2. le labo store opened in LA
    By chasefairfax in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14th March 2008, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000