Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Just got Versace's L'Homme........some say soapy/citrus, others leathery?

What do you get out of this nice fragrance?

The reason I ask is because the "other" major review site has leather as a major note.

Do you fellow B'noters get leather as the major note?

Thanks
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

AromiErotici

Default Re: Just got Versace's L'Homme........some say soapy/citrus, others leathery?

Which of the 3 renditions did you get?

Default Re: Just got Versace's L'Homme........some say soapy/citrus, others leathery?

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    Do you fellow B'noters get leather as the major note?
    When I remember trying it, I didn't get any leather, but did get that soapy vibe.

the "other" major review site
    Which site are you talking about?

AromiErotici

I have the first formula and it's a very good citric- leather chypre. The opening is a spicy citrus with woods and florals immediately following. The drydown is really a leathery oriental finish.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I have the first formula and it's a very good citric- leather chypre. The opening is a spicy citrus with woods and florals immediately following. The drydown is really a leathery oriental finish.
    I have the 2nd and 3rd renditions and in neither case is there much of a leather note - the 2nd one has a discernible but not prominent leather note and I don't smell any leather in the latest rendition. The 2nd rendition is still an excellent fragrance - the 3rd is a disappointment.

I have tried the latest version and do not get any leather. But it is a nice citrus and spice fragrance. I wouldn't say it is bad at all. But I just much better prefer other fragrances in that era over it. Ricci Club being the obvious ( for me).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

the newest version is not bad I think it lacks the original oakmoss that was originally in this fragrance. it still last a long time on the skin.

I had the middle version, apparently, which is supposedly as good as the original. I like the idea, but that patchouli/cedar/amber base is too much for me. Yes there could be leather in there, but it's got that creamy patchouli/cedar/amber that for some reason I find revolting.

I don't get soapy or leather...

PAtchouli/sandalwood very well done is what I get.

I own the vintage (first) edition and yes there is some leather in the background but I wouldn┤t consider it as a leather frag!

I did get some leather notes, especially after an extensive drydown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Which of the 3 renditions did you get?
    I have the most recent release. I was not aware there were various L'HOMMES.
    sent via commodore 64

AromiErotici

I have the most recent release. I was not aware there were various L'HOMMES.
    If I'm not mistaken, there are 3 renditions. Each has bottle and box differences to differentiate them. I cannot comment on the middle or most recent release, but I do like the original.

It does have leather in the base, but it's not a predominant note. It's simply blended in there with oriental notes. Quite good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Which site are you talking about?
    FRAGRANTICA, dear sir.
    sent via commodore 64

I have the last version, and i don't really like it very much...i find it cloying and powdery.