Code of Conduct

Default Dsquared2 Potion

Hi Basenoters!
    Does anybody know something about Dsquared2`s new male fragrance called Potion? I only found a campaign`s picture:

http://www.madeinbrazilblog.com/blog...ared2s-potion/

Default Re: Dsquared2 Potion

Hmm..a Black and White photo of a shirtless man and woman...how...original. Should have been called "Got Wood".

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Hmm..a Black and White photo of a shirtless man and woman...how...original.
    Well, you've got a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerlands View Post
    Well, you've got a point.
    But there's no information at all on the fragrance, even on the D2 site. I like the look of the bottle.

But there's no information at all on the fragrance, even on the D2 site. I like the look of the bottle.
    I like it too; I think it has an interesting vintage look; and it's an edp! =)

hmm..a black and white photo of a shirtless man and woman...how...original. Should have been called "got wood".
    lol!

I'm intrigued as a fan of RMW.

Sur la Plage

From nstperfume.com:

DSquared2 will launch Potion, a new fragrance for men, in September. Potion is described as “the scent of seduction” and is fronted by model Diego Miguel.

Potion is an aromatic woody amber fragrance developed by perfumer Annick Menardo; notes include mint, angelica, thyme, gentian, cinnamon, cashmere wood, patchouli, amber and musk.

DSquared2 Potion will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The notes sound promising.

I liked the vintage-style bottle.
    And the Eau de Parfum concentration always impress the male mass market!! Sounds that it will be more expensive than the regular edts

All I needed to hear was Annick Menardo.

Basenotes Institution

Love the name Potion! Menardo is the perfumer! Ack! Very excited.

Diego Miguel. (sigh)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I liked the vintage-style bottle.
    I dunno, I was a real fan of the HeWood bottles. Really unique and eye-catching.

I like the bottle also!!!
    Gary

Wow! Super Excited.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Sounds great!!!

Stoked for this one

Bought this in Harvey Nicks today. Very incensey and lovely.Supposed to be for men, but seems pretty unisex to me.

Doea anyone know who will sell this in the US?

I'd like to try this as well. Hopefully someone spots it in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by vanille View Post
    Bought this in Harvey Nicks today. Very incensey and lovely.Supposed to be for men, but seems pretty unisex to me.
    Its strong? Hows the sillage and longevity?

Nice! Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Nice! Looking forward to it!
    Me too. I wonder when this will be released.

it's now at harvey nichols.
    http://www.harveynichols.com/beauty/...100ml-edp.html
    anyone tried it?

I bought this in Harvey Nichols in London last weekend as an impulse purchase, but already kind of regretting it. I do like the scent itself, but the sillage and longevity are *atrocious* especially considering that it's an edp. I'll be selling this for sure. I cannot bear wearing a fragrance that disappears after half an hour.

Had a chance to test it today, and I quite like it: as somebody on fragrantica describes it, it kinda smells like a blown-out cinnamon-vanilla candle. Churchy, reminds me a little of Gucci pour homme 1. Longevity semms good, sillage is rather low. The SA was so kind as to give me a 1.2ml sample, can't wait to test-drive it in public.

I tried it yesterday, its definitely to my taste. Whatever ingredient is in the dry down (some kind of musk?) is something I have smelled and loved on myself after random testing orgies, but never been able to remember what fragrance it came from (cos it obviously didnt appeal in the top notes). I liked this one all the way through though, at least on first wear.
    Longevity was reasonable on me. Projection was ghostly

Apparently this stuff comes as a perfume oil as well. Scroll down to see the bottle with the little eyedropper here :

http://www.apetogentleman.com/brands...otion-for-man/

Basenotes Institution

Wow, you rarely see an EdT, Body Wash, Body Lotion, Deodorant and parfum oil for a new masculine fragrance. Props to DSquared2!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by agml65 View Post
    Doea anyone know who will sell this in the US?
    I wrote to TPC a couple of weeks ago, asking when they might have it, and received a note back saying bluntly that they had no plans to purchase it.

Which I thought was a little puzzling, given that it's Menardo's new thing, and seeing as how they carry others from that line.

Others might want to drop them a line, and see if they respond with the same answer ?

I have also tested this. The design seems inspired by Gaultier^2. I saw them at a perfume shop side by side on the shelf and this was my first reaction. The juice itself is a copy of Gucci pour homme 1, but although this is an edp and the other one an edt, the lasting power is abysmal. After 2 hours it's gone. One reviewer said its sillage is ghostly, well it is if you belive ghosts do not exist LOL.

I am disappointed that Annick Menardo signed this. I am a long time fan (Black, LL AM, Visit , Xeryus Rouge, etc). This is nice for sure, but it's been done before and lasts long enough to see a movie (no commercial breaks though).

I can remeber smelling Bvlgari Black back in 2000s when it first came out. Now that was the most original, strange, twisted, geniously evil perfume to hit the mainstream market. At that time i thought it is just bottled rubber and gasoline (not the slightly smoky vanilla icecream of today) but came to appreciate it in time. And it lasted long enough to annoy me, even through a shower and for days on the sleeve of a shirt, even when washed.

Do not bother with this, get GPH1 instead.
    No rain, no rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by staticx View Post
    Sounds great!!!
    You can try it out... its already available in India!

Well I received this yesterday (the EDP) and tested it last night. At first sniff it evokes Gucci PH (1) but it is nowhere near as dense and woody. It also has a strong fir balsam note which fades very slowly to a smoky amber drydown. Actually it reminds me most of Courvoisier EDP. I only had it on for 4 hours before bed but it did not lack potency IMO.

I have heard a lot of comparisons with Gucci Pour Homme and rightfully so.. but i think in the end its develops a unique personality. it is also very long lasting..if only it was easy to convince Indians about the fragrance. I think out here, people are more inclined to buy fragrances from well known brands and Dsquared2 is not that famous out here!

Tried this on the weekend. Got a very heavy Gucci Pour Homme or Gucci Envy vibe from it. Far too similar for me to get excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wow, you rarely see an EdT, Body Wash, Body Lotion, Deodorant and parfum oil for a new masculine fragrance. Props to DSquared2!
    Maybe it's because they realise you'll need all that and more to try and get any longevity out of it.

I quite liked this upon first spray, but it seemed to thin out after about 20 minutes rather than deepen and thicken as most drydowns do. Very dry spices and scratchy wood without any warming, mossy or musky counterpoint. I do see a slight similarity to Gucci PH, but Potion is a tad sweeter and has more obvious spice. I actually found it more similar to L'Occitane's Vetyver than anything else, with its nutmeggy/woody heart and overall dry character.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Wow! Super Excited.
    Finally tried this one, the top notes scream Jagermeister to me, and then it settles into a slightly sweeter Gucci Pour Homme I. Not bad at all though.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Another great juice from Annick Menardo. Initially, it smells like the essence from a pile of pine needles. It then warms into tree sap. Nice caramel scent and it's amber is not sweet. The bottle looks cool as well

I am impressed
    Last edited by Riley; 30th December 2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: re-visited with a different impression

My Indian friend loved this, and he got two days wearing time from a few sprays I put on him (because he was wearing some awful lavendar/musk body spray i wanted to cover up)

I tried it, strong but unoriginal gourmand notes, to my nose, a sort of a "safe gourmand"

Its nice but very....tamed.

I hope this like Black. Meaning she'll perfect it in some niche brand (patchouli 24).

for swap/sale:

Smelled this yesterday. Not bad and I agree with other who reckon it's like a sweeter Gucci pour homme. Worth a re-visit in the future for second and third sniff...

I like the feedback given here for this scent. Great job gentlemen It doesn't seem like it will grab me or warrent a purchase. If I see a tester, of course, I will test it.

I like the bottle, but the price is up there. I love Gucci pour Homme. What do the guys in their late 20s to early 30s say these days ? Ah yes, it is the "Shiznit". But I don't want a weaker version of it. This genre is pretty packed and there are alot of options.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !