Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain's Tonka Imperiale

After watching the BBC's documentary involving the Guerlain's, Thierry Wasser and their work, I must have a Guerlain!

I am really keen to try Tonka Imperiale but cannot find the stuff anywhere. I can't even find a sample (which is rare) and is there any point in me getting a sample if there is no hope in finding a bottle?

Do any UK Basenoters know of anywhere to acquire either a sample or a bottle? (favours always repaid!)

Thanks

Default Re: Guerlain's Tonka Imperiale

I'm sure Harrods in London sell bottles. As for samples, I think the perfumed court do them.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Hmmm, yeah. May have to go with TPC for a sample. Will have to wait until I want a few more to justify postage.

As for Harrods, it's not on the website but don't know if it's in store. If anyone can confirm, I may go for a trip to London (make the most of my remaining month of student discounted travel!).

It's definitely available at Harrods!

Would love to try this as well for a while. Anyone knows where in Amsterdam or another town in The Netherlands I would be able to find it?

Quote Originally Posted by AyelFior View Post
    It's definitely available at Harrods!
    How much does it cost? Dollars, pounds or Euros?

They definitely have it over in the US. You can try online sites like perfume court.

It's $235 U.S. at bergdorfgoodman.com. I recently sniffed it at Bergdorf's in NYC and oh my, it was very difficult to leave the store without a bottle. I love love Spiritueuse Double Vanille, and I'm sure I'd fall for Tonka Imperiale in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    It's $235 U.S. at bergdorfgoodman.com. I recently sniffed it at Bergdorf's in NYC and oh my, it was very difficult to leave the store without a bottle. I love love Spiritueuse Double Vanille, and I'm sure I'd fall for Tonka Imperiale in a heartbeat.
    LOL - Worryingly I've heard that before :S How big is the bottle for $235? I may be willing to stretch for it for 100ml, would be quite difficult to go for it if it's 50ml!

Not sure about the size. . . maybe 75 ml, like Spiritueuse Double Vanille. SDV is definitely worth the $200+. It's just great stuff, a very wearable, high-quality, complex vanilla. Tonka Imperiale seemed very much in a similar mode. No doubt worth it at the (admittedly stiff) price.