Code of Conduct

Default Has Jicky EDT been changed recently?

When I first sampled Jicky awhile back, I distinctly remember smelling a strong fecal note a couple minutes into the opening, particularly when I stuck my nose right up to my arm to sniff. I still liked the scent, mind you, I just took note of that fecal phase.

Well, I recently received some more Jicky from a generous BNer, and I wore it yesterday. After applying, I promptly stuck my nose right in it to reacquaint myself with that civety goodness. And the fecal note was gone! It smelled more like an extra-seasoned Caron Pour un Homme. Really nice, but no unwashed feeling whatsoever.

I'm certainly more experienced with animal notes than I used to be, but I don't think that would make me completely miss a giant fecal note that I distinctly smelled before.

Is it different than it used to be a few years ago? Or maybe I smelled an EDP last time and didn't realize it (this was at Saks). Is the civet in the opening stronger in the EDP?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Default Re: Has Jicky EDT been changed recently?

The civet is stronger in the EDP, so it's quite possible that's the explanation. I think the EDT is less fecal, and a lot lighter, with less sillage and longevity.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Thanks, that was probably it then.

Does anyone know if Saks generally carries the EDP instead of the EDT? The Saks near me shut down, so I can't go check myself.

The longevity on the EDT really was lacking - don't remember the longevity on the version I tried earlier, whatever it was. Sure is a nice scent while it lasts, though!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Thanks, that was probably it then.

Does anyone know if Saks generally carries the EDP instead of the EDT? The Saks near me shut down, so I can't go check myself.

The longevity on the EDT really was lacking - don't remember the longevity on the version I tried earlier, whatever it was. Sure is a nice scent while it lasts, though!
    LiveJazz, the EDP is more like Mouchoir de Monsieur in that it has more civet. Not AS much but more than the Jicky EDT.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Jicky is one of the few perfumes I've experienced that has something like the physical presence of a body but in my bottle of EdT, which is maybe five years old, nothing like civet or poop stands out from the main lavender/vanilla/woods accord.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

The Jicky EDT has a decent amount of longevity as far as an EDT goes, but the EDP is indeed much richer. Worth looking for.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

When I first sampled Jicky awhile back, I distinctly remember smelling a strong fecal note a couple minutes into the opening,
    Maybe you're just more comfortable now with (synthetic) civet than you were when you first experienced it? It's a glorious frag in my book - though I too wish that it hung around longer. The EDP is fine but I rather miss the delicious & beautiful sharp lemon cheescake of the edt in it and - to be honest - I'm not sure that I find it to have much greater longevity. I sometimes layer 'em - best of both worlds maybe...

For a real blast of civet, try the Mouchoir de Monsieur. This is essentially Jicky with more civet.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For a real blast of civet, try the Mouchoir de Monsieur. This is essentially Jicky with more civet.
    I second this recommendation!

^Prim and Lar - will do! MdM is one of the those Guerlains that never seems to cross my mind when I have the opportunity to sample. Too busy with the old feminines, I guess. How does the longevity compare to Jicky (either formulation)?

^Prim and Lar - will do! MdM is one of the those Guerlains that never seems to cross my mind when I have the opportunity to sample. Too busy with the old feminines, I guess. How does the longevity compare to Jicky (either formulation)?
    Longevity is much better than Jicky EDT, though it never shouts

I own a fairly new bottle of Jicky, and it has little-to-no civet notes. It's OK stuff, but I feel distinctly ripped-off.

And yes, my new-ish bottle of Mouchoir de Monsieur is far heavier on civet, though I don't actually equate it with "Jicky + civet." There are other substantial differences in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For a real blast of civet, try the Mouchoir de Monsieur.
    Still another recommendation for this.

It smelled more like an extra-seasoned Caron Pour un Homme. Really nice, but no unwashed feeling whatsoever.
    How I felt about it too. Luckily CPUH is one of my favourites, so I am quite happy with it anyway.