Code of Conduct

Default "Givenchy pi neo Tropical paradise", a new hidden gem ?

Has anyone tested this yet ? or even own it ?
    I'm surprised Givenchy is not putting much effort promoting this , specially around this time of season ( since it's a summer flanker ) .

I personally love it, from top to bottom, and it really mixes with my skin very well .

I've been told that : you know a scent mixes well with your skin is when you DON'T smell it on you throughout the day, but OTHERS DO and give you compliments on it .

Anyway , here's the link :

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...ise-11631.html

Anyone on the same boat ?

Thanks !

Default Re: "Givenchy pi neo Tropical paradise", a new hidden gem ?

It's ok, a bit less synth than Pi Neo. If you own Pi Neo then there's no need for this flanker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    It's ok, a bit less synth than Pi Neo. If you own Pi Neo then there's no need for this flanker.
    I agree. I think it's just a reminder of the fact that Pi Neo ain't that bad. They made it a bit smoother, with some fresh citrus up front and less musk in the base.

Glad you like it! Yeah, not much push on this one. I saw the tester back in the display and had to ask for a sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I agree. I think it's just a reminder of the fact that Pi Neo ain't that bad.
    Exactly . That's encouraging because i'm looking for a signature fragrance to wear in the remaining seasons, and if the regular Pi neo is similar to this, then i think i found a winner . Maybe because i am a fan of "creamy" gourmet scents And this fragrance is just yummy ( in my opinion ).

Amazing underrated fragrance, very heavy on coconut, bought it right at the airport and haven't regretted it. Don't see much similarity to the regular neo.
    Looked for Varvatos Artisan for several months to then find it to be one of the most simple citrus drugstore fragrances ever made

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Don't see much similarity to the regular neo.
    Ok, now i'm confused i guess i ought to try the regular Neo someday and find out .
    but i agree , it's the coconut smell that is making loving this ! And yes, underrated to say the least .

Blog Entries

My friend has it and I tried it at his place - I actually really like it, I'll have to test it again though.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Have it but have only used it on one occasion. Like it OK but prefer the original.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Ok, now i'm confused i guess i ought to try the regular Neo someday and find out .
    but i agree , it's the coconut smell that is making loving this ! And yes, underrated to say the least .
    If you're liking the coconut and tropical vibe, stick to this one. The regular one has the same vanilla bomb in the dry down, but it includes a classical (albeit fruity) powdery musk in it - then add more wood and take away some of the citrus and other tropical notes. My guess is you found your holy grail.

My guess is you found your holy grail.
    My summer holy grail, yes
    As for the winter/fall, i found another holy grail : " Givenchy play intense " . This thing is a more complete super classy version of "AXE DARK TEMPTATION " , which i happen to adore !
    Now I'm all set .
    Can you smell a new Givenchy fan ? you bet
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 2nd July 2011 at 04:57 PM.

Blog Entries

^Play Intense is some great stuff, I'm really looking to swap with someone for it. I own the original Play, and the Intense blows it out of the water.

I've tried that new Pi Neo Tropical once and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm not one for fruity smells but that one does it right (instead of those synthetic piles of headache fruity juice that overflows in Macy's). It's also one I'm looking to swap with people for, Givenchy is a pretty good house!

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Givenchy is a pretty good house!
    Yes it is . I am really glad that it didn't take me more than 20 + bought bottles of other fragrances to finally find my favorite house/scent/notes that mix well with my skin .

Good luck with the search for a swapping applicant .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Yes it is . I am really glad that it didn't take me more than 20 + bought bottles of other fragrances to finally find my favorite house/scent/notes that mix well with my skin .

Good luck with the search for a swapping applicant .
    Thanks!

You're in more or less the same boat as me with the favorite house thing. Mine is Mugler hands down. A*Men is my signature, and I own and love basically everything Mugler has released for men (just need Pure Coffee!). I've purchased over 30 bottles and tried numerous other houses, but none have been as remotely consistent in getting my attention as Mugler has. I've been selling off bottles I don't use anymore, and in hind sight it almost is like "wow I really wish I never bought half my collection!" but the truth is you need those other bottles to steer you the right way - to know what you REALLY love

but the truth is you need those other bottles to steer you the right way - to know what you REALLY love
    I agree with that ! and yes, "Play intense" is kinda of a sophisticated "fun" version of A*Men .
    We are both in the exact same boat. I tried most "big hitters " fragrances ( Issey myake, Dolce and Gabana light blue, Bvlgari Aqva, lacoste essential, Aqua di gio, Armani code, Dior Homme intense ) . While i did like all of them, it's just that my skin seemed to never react to them like it should . It seems to only embrace the creamy/gourmet notes , which i happen to ADORE.
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 2nd July 2011 at 08:24 PM.

Blog Entries

^Play Intense is some great stuff, I'm really looking to swap with someone for it. I own the original Play, and the Intense blows it out of the water.
    PM sent. My barely-used Play Intense is looking to blow your Play out of the water!

PM sent. My barely-used Play Intense is looking to blow your Play out of the water!
    Here you go