Code of Conduct

Default Talk about "flying under the radar" - Zara perfumes (incl. Aventus' pineapple)

After seeing Dullah occasionally mentioning Zara Sprint 9.58 to have Aventus' pineapple note I went to a store to check it out.

It really does have what I consider to be very same pineapple.
    And unlike Aventus it sticks with you until the end. 9.58 is slightly less 'cool' and clean but carries that pineapple right into the very well done woody base. Certainly scratches my Itch for Aventus and cost 1/10 per ml of what Aventus does.

But I do not only want to rave about this little gem wich I picked up today but also want to mention 3 others that seemed very nice, too.

For Him (the brownish juice, I think there are two) : A gourmand halfway between Rochas Man and Pure Coffee IMO. Very nice, burnt caramel, some coffee thrown in. One I seriously consider going back to pick up.

Amber : Very dark, sharp Amber. Backed up with what I would consider Aoud and Patchouly. Unfortunately not that long lasting.

And finally one I have not spent much time with but which seemed alright as well: the silver Sprint bottle : A nice fruit, I think Melon and Cucumber.

Do check them out if you have the chance!

So once again, thank you very much, DULLAH!
    Smellin good

Default Re: Talk about "flying under the radar" - Zara perfumes (incl. Aventus' pineapple)

I enjoyed Zara's Vetiver Eau de Cologne. I will try to sample the others you mention.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Blog Entries

Default Re: Talk about "flying under the radar" - Zara perfumes (incl. Aventus' pineapple)

Absolutely under the radar. Zara as a whole is that way. Some very stylish stuff, at prices that young people with more looks than money can afford, but very low profile. They even have an iPad app. They had this one women's T-shirt with a bunch of ultra-cool, signature-grade writing on it - made me wish I was back in high school so I could buy it for my girl.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    It really does have what I consider to be very same pineapple.
    Nice to know.

The Pineapple is almost the same, but the drydown is reminiscent of pencil shavings. Great price if you like it, though.

AromiErotici

Zara only sells through brick and mortar don't they?

Looking forward to trying For Him next time I'm in town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Zara only sells through brick and mortar don't they?
    As far as I can tell, that's right. I can't even find any kind of shop function in their app.

AromiErotici

Thanks bro. I got Sandalo and Ambre from petrucci a few years ago and was impressed for their quality-price point.

Zara provides a good value/taste level in most everything they sell.
    And Sprint 9.58, as Timaru said, is not the only well-done EDT they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    The Pineapple is almost the same, but the drydown is reminiscent of pencil shavings. Great price if you like it, though.
    The final drydown of Sprint 9.58, for those interested, is the exact same woody base as is featured in Paco Rabanne's Black XS. Just the overall scent is much greener, more tasteful, and less sweet. The Jasmine and Scotch Pine oil are welcome additions in such a contemporary fruity/woody scent.

Perhaps I will get a chance to sample Zara Sprint 9.58. I don't really shop at there store, however. I find the clothes tight fitting.

The two fragrances I have sampled ( a couple of years ago), Ambar and Vetiver are pretty bad. I'm really surprised at how well they are received here on Basenotes. I would rather wear fragrances from Hugo Boss. And that is saying alot. If I am going for a vetiver fragrance, there is soo many more better choices out there. Also, the vetiver from Zara bothers me. Ambar is just revolting to me.

Just my thoughts and hope I'm not wrecking Timaru's thread.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Zara has great clothes. Stylish and good quality.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Perhaps I will get a chance to sample Zara Sprint 9.58. I don't really shop at there store, however. I find the clothes tight fitting.

The two fragrances I have sampled ( a couple of years ago), Ambar and Vetiver are pretty bad. I'm really surprised at how well they are received here on Basenotes. I would rather wear fragrances from Hugo Boss. And that is saying alot. If I am going for a vetiver fragrance, there is soo many more better choices out there. Also, the vetiver from Zara bothers me. Ambar is just revolting to me.

LOL........No worries bro. You like what you like. I actually liked the ambre for it's grittiness and went through a 50ml. bottle in no time flat. It was weird enough to be different.....and I dug it.

Well if there was a Zara near me I'd be happy to give their scents another chance. Last time I sniffed anything of theirs was a few years ago in NYC, and I wasn't all that impressed. Is Sprint 9.58 recent? I don't remember what I smelled.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Wish I had one nearby. Shame that they don't sell them online, but if it's too hard to get what's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post

Hell no

I'd like to get as much input as possible from you guys, in order to give others a fairly good impression.
    Especially since I did not find a single one of their frags listed on here, had to upload my own pic to be able to post a pic in the TIB JUly thread and finally havent seen alot of talk about these scents overall.

I just think that these may be worth their asking price which is seldom today, if you think about it.

I'm glad I had my nose forced into one of these and if this thread encourages one single person to stop by a Zara shop I'm happy already,

Too bad they didnt have the Vetiver anymore, I would have gladly tried it out.
    Smellin good

What Zara frags are still currently available?
    Only saw Amber once at a store and never again, dumb move to have let it go.
    I don't think Zara stores here are up to date on the frag selections either.

A gourmand halfway between Rochas Man and Pure Coffee IMO. Very nice, burnt caramel, some coffee thrown in. One I seriously consider going back to pick up.
    sounds like new haarlem by bond 9. can anyone compare that has smelt them both?!?

I smelled them both and I found For Him creamier, less powdery but also sweeter.

I would prefer the Zara but I'm no fan of NH anyway.

I will give it another go this weekend and come back with proper info.
    Smellin good

Wait, wait... the Zara Ambar you Aromi got that was sent like, what, two years ago does not have anything to do with the Amber being sold today: you are refering to this one.

http://tinyurl.com/7gee4ts (now doscontinued)

Timaru must be refering to "Amber". I tried to get a picture to no avail. Tese two differ a lot even though they share the name "Ambar / Amber".

Jup, the one I mean looks entirely different.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    I smelled them both and I found For Him creamier, less powdery but also sweeter.

I would prefer the Zara but I'm no fan of NH anyway.

I will give it another go this weekend and come back with proper info.
    Can't wait to hear from you, I also plan on going to Zara and test out zara for him

I received a couple of small samples from Dullah today which included Zara Sprint 9.58 and Aventus.
    I've sprayed Sprint on my left wrist and Aventus on my right wrist.
    I'm pretty new to this (first post yay! lol), but I'm not smelling the similarity at all.

Sprint has this really strong sweetness that reminds me of some kind of a candy sweet or something... I just can't think what it is exactly that it reminds me of.

Aventus doesn't smell sweet on me at all *shrug*
    Last edited by Pyr0; 28th November 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Fair enough
    Smellin good

Does anyone know of any major retail store/stores in the U.S. that sell Zara perfumes? Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by nen View Post
    Does anyone know of any major retail store/stores in the U.S. that sell Zara perfumes? Thx!
    Zara

Looks like they are in a few major cities in the USA.

Has For Him been discontinued? I went into my local Zara and they had about 3 new scents and everything had been restocked apart from that one I wanted! I didn't bother asking the SAs as they know nothing about the frags there.

Some pics taken today

IMO: Sprint is like Black XS ( I don´t detect pineapple)
    Zara for Him is like a smooth One Million
    Amber is nice, I feel the clean-aromatic-clove feel of rive gauche in it. (don´t detect a 'clear' amber here)
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

seriously, when i sprayed zara sprint all i got was a clean pineapple smell

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    Zara for Him is like a smooth One Million
    This! I fell the same Zara for him = one million

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    The final drydown of Sprint 9.58, for those interested, is the exact same woody base as is featured in Paco Rabanne's Black XS.
    The final and the Beginning too!

Zara Sprint 9.58 = Black XS
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I have to diagree or atleast to my nose/skin the opening is such a strong pineapple accord very similar to aventus

A Zara outlet is just opening in my town, so as soon as I get there, I will return with scent reviews

hey guys I I just went to my Zara to get a second look and be carefull because there are two "for Him" and 2 Sprints.

First the Sprint in the gold bottle (5.81) has the very similar pineapple note as aventus

2nd. The Brown bottle "for him" smells almost identical to Rochas man however it has less projection and didn't last as long on my skin.. (2-3 hours)

3rd they have this sports one it looks liek a weird bottle its red and black and it smells identical to A&F fierce.

They have opened their online store finally in the US, but they don't sell the fragrances for some reason.