40 22.73%
  • A*MEN Pure Coffee (2008)

16 9.09%
  • A*MEN Pure Malt (2009)

69 39.20%
  • A*MEN Pure Havane (2011)

51 28.98%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Re: What is your favorite a*men: Original a*men, pure coffee, pure malt, or pure havane?

1) Among these, my absolute favorite is Pure Havane
    2) I still have no clue which next A*Men should yet be released in future, the possibilities are limitless

Default Re: What is your favorite a*men: Original a*men, pure coffee, pure malt, or pure havane?

Pure Havane is far away the best of all.

I expect something as good as the previous. Maybe another masculine pleasure (we already get coffee, alcohool and cigar). WHo knows, maybe barbecue, lol

Pure Malt here.

1- Pure Malt
    2- Pure Oud - so shoot me !!! Love to smell their take on it.

I love both the Pure Havane and Pure Coffee. PH is more versatile and something I can wear quite a bit. PC is less versatile but just as good in my opinion.

The original A*Men and Pure Malt carry too much of that signature accord from the line. It's too intense and gives me headaches. In those other two flankers it's toned down and I can enjoy the scent without adverse effects.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Coffee. (And apparently I'm alone, so far.) Havane would be my next choice. Malt is too sweet, and the original is a disaster.

No idea what they should do next, but I'd like to see some tweaking of the base. I know that honeyed-creamy-patchouli thing is what ties them all together, but I'm getting a little tired of it.

Sur la Plage

A*Men (original)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Pure Malt

I prefer Pure Malt since it's everything I like about the original and nothing I hate with an added boozy accord which is quite nice.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    A*Men (original)
    Same and pure malt.

I voted for Pure Malt

On a side note: I was talking to an SA this past weekend, & she said to watch out for an August release of all the Mugler's with cooking spices.
    For instance, A*Men will be mixed in with a hot pepper paste

The original A*Men

I like them all but must go with the original.....Gary

Has anyone seen Pure Malt being sold at a department store or any kind of store recently? I want to purchase a bottle of Pure Malt since i don't own a bottle of it yet. I'm trying to avoid making online purchases.

I prefer Pure Havane very slightly to Pure Malt, however, I love them both. Pure Coffee is a good fragrance, but, not on the level of the other two in my opinion. A*men the original is definitely not for me, I just don’t like it.

I have been thinking what I would like to see for the next flanker. I think it would be awesome to do a double release; Pure Chocolate Dark and Pure Chocolate White. White being a light sweet day time wear type fragrance, maybe with some floral notes and Dark being a night type fragrance, possibly using Oud notes. The Chocolate Dark bottle would be dark brown with a black star and the Chocolate White would be a white bottle with a silver star. I think the dual release would be an interesting and fresh twist.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Has anyone seen Pure Malt being sold at a department store or any kind of store recently? I want to purchase a bottle of Pure Malt since i don't own a bottle of it yet. I'm trying to avoid making online purchases.
    I looked high and low for a couple weeks just recently. Unfortunately, it appears to be completely out in department stores. I even had a couple of the larger stores check their computers nation wide. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news…

Pure Malt - only wish it had a little more projection to it.

Pure Malt...good stuff

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Pure Havane
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    I looked high and low for a couple weeks just recently. Unfortunately, it appears to be completely out in department stores. I even had a couple of the larger stores check their computers nation wide. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news…
    I'm very compelled to simply cut my losses and settle with just Pure Havane (and Original A*MEN too though i don't like it as much). I guess i will never come across a bottle of Pure Malt in the stores ever :/ I hope Thierry Mugler produces another A*MEN Pure that will ultimately kick Pure Malt's Butt!! That will bring some satisfaction to my losses.

I still see Pure Malt in stores here (southern Ontario).

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    I still see Pure Malt in stores here (southern Ontario).
    Which stores?!?! Do they allow online purchases and shipping in the US?

not that its def my number 1 or anything, but no love for B*Men?

Pure Malt
    B*Men
    Pure Havane
    A*Men

dont let the fact that A*Men is last fool you into thinking I dont love it, I just love the others more

p.s. have not tried pure coffee

The original A*Men is my favourite so far but I've only tried this and Pure Malt.

Pure Malt hands down!

honorable mention: B*Men
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

AMen (Original) is the best. The other are toned down version of the original with something else. This are version for who doesn┤t like the real Amen.

Pure Havane then the original...

Blog Entries

A*Men original is my favorite fragrance ever so yeah

1. Pure Havane

2. I would like a fresh mint flanker "Pure Menthe", but I fear this won't happen. I think it's a done deal, in the works: Pure Oudh

Here is a possible inspiration for pure menthe:

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    1. Pure Havane

2. I would like a fresh mint flanker "Pure Menthe", but I fear this won't happen. I think it's a done deal, in the works: Pure Oudh
    Ice*Men comes close to a 'fresh' A*Men flanker.
    -

It's a toss up between Pure Coffee and Pure Malt, however I think I would ultimately choose Pure Coffee. Luckily I own full bottles of all 4 fragrances, so I never have to choose.

Coffee!

Pure Malt. But: I haven't tried Pure Coffee yet and have a sample coming. It sounds up my alley.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

ICE*MEN is my favorite but from the list I guess the original is best.

1- Pure Malt
    2- A*Men

-------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Pure Malt. But: I haven't tried Pure Coffee yet and have a sample coming. It sounds up my alley.
    Never smelled Pure Coffee but is it similar to New Haarlem?

Never smelled Pure Coffee but is it similar to New Haarlem?
    Not really, no. Pure Coffee is sort of acrid and bitter at the top (but still very sweet), and dries down to a slightly more subtle A*Men base with a lot more chocolate. New Haarlem resembles Rochas Man but much deeper, richer, and more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Not really, no. Pure Coffee is sort of acrid and bitter at the top (but still very sweet), and dries down to a slightly more subtle A*Men base with a lot more chocolate. New Haarlem resembles Rochas Man but much deeper, richer, and more complex.
    Would Thierry Mugler be willing to send out free samples of Pure Coffee by mail?

Would Thierry Mugler be willing to send out free samples of Pure Coffee by mail?
    No. It's long been discontinued and they don't have any plans in bringing it back. They don't have any more samples of Pure Coffee or Pure Malt. You can order a decant of Pure Coffee from The Perfumed Court.

Thierry Mugler took down Pure Havane from their online Boutique!

Pure Coffee > Pure Havane > Pure Malt > A*Men

1. Pure Havane
    2. Pure Malt
    3. A*Men
    4. Pure Coffee
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

a*men for its boldness
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

1. Pure Havane
    2. Pure Coffee
    3. A*Men
    4. Pure Malt

Summing up the poll:

Pure Coffee < Original < Pure Havane <<<<< Pure Malt

This statistic holds unless more people vote

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Well as you can see by my revised list I would now change to Pure Coffee as my favorite. And I agree with the other comments about it not being much like New Haarlem. Pure Coffee to me smells like actual coffee beans whereas the coffee in NH is subtle compared to the carmel/patchouli/bakery vibe.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I vote for Pure Malt, it was pure love at first sniff. Followed close by the Original A*men.
    I think Ice man wasn't bad (I love patchouli) and the summer essence no way. Never tried Pure coffee and Pure Havane I'ts growing on me.
    Can't wait for the new w/ hot sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    I vote for Pure Malt, it was pure love at first sniff. Followed close by the Original A*men.
    I think Ice man wasn't bad (I love patchouli) and the summer essence no way. Never tried Pure coffee and Pure Havane I'ts growing on me.
    Can't wait for the new w/ hot sauce.
    Sounds bizarre but I think it will be great. Apparently the spice will bring out the coffee note more so and since I missed out on Pure Coffee ... I am all about that idea. Count me in

1. Pure Coffee
    2. A*Men
    3. Pure Havane
    4. Pure Malt

So much love for Pure Malt but it was way too boozy for me. Had to sell it.

I wore Pure Havane yesterday and enjoyed every second of it. Three sprays and I was good all day, four may have been perfect, though. My wife smelled me eight hours later and she complimented me on it. It's a great one, and may be one of my Top 10 in my collection right now. Great in Summer, and may be better this Fall and Winter! Glad I have a big 'ol bottle.

It's easily the very best Mugler I've smelled. No regrets.

Anyone has a bottle of PM that they would be willing sell/swap let me know!

Pure malt

Pure Havane. For me the most versatile and pleasant.

Pure Malt. Though Pure Havane is quite enjoyable when riding my motorcycle around at night. The booziness of Pure Malt though...... salivating.

I like Pure Malt the best. I own Pure Havane though because I missed the PM train...
    PH doesn't have the wow! factor of PM but it's well rounded and thoroughly enjoyable. It's beautiful but not as attention grabbing and is wearable on more occasions.
    I still want PM though
    Original A*Men smells rich and chocolatey from afar but up close it smells dirty to me.
    Time to musk up.

Pure Malt and Pure Havane are my favorites though Pure Malt slightly edges out Pure Havane.

I ought to try Pure Coffee, im most unfortunate not to find samples of it with the exception of it being sold on online websites which i'm completely against.

Pure malt by a hair but pure havane is really growing on me

Angel is a phenomenal fragrance, one of the best things I've ever smelled on my girlfriend (she wears the body cream), but I don't love any of the men's versions.
    Last edited by pluran; 13th September 2011 at 10:20 PM.

I haven't tried Pure Havane, but of the ones I know I like Pure Malt the best.