40 22.73%
  • A*MEN Pure Coffee (2008)

16 9.09%
  • A*MEN Pure Malt (2009)

69 39.20%
  • A*MEN Pure Havane (2011)

51 28.98%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What is your favorite a*men: Original a*men, pure coffee, pure malt, or pure havane?

Default Re: What is your favorite a*men: Original a*men, pure coffee, pure malt, or pure havane?

How I rate Pure Havane:

Longevity: 6 - 8 hours on the skin, rather spotty (7/10)
    Projection: 2-3 hour scent cloud, then stays very close to the skin (7/10)
    Versatility: Good, casual any occasion fragrance, all season although lighter on the trigger during the summer (10/10)
    Overall Smell: Good, but lacks the wow factor IMO, dry down has similarity to a couple other vanilla fragrances (8/10)

Overall Score: 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Coffee. (And apparently I'm alone, so far.) Havane would be my next choice. Malt is too sweet, and the original is a disaster.

No idea what they should do next, but I'd like to see some tweaking of the base. I know that honeyed-creamy-patchouli thing is what ties them all together, but I'm getting a little tired of it.
    Original is my least favorite.

1. A*men - heavenly chocolate milkshake from top, sweet patchouli on base
    2. Pure Malt - boozy top notes, harsh synthetic middle notes, caramel and patchouli on base
    3. Pure Havane - bit feminine honeyed cherries on top, vanilla and patchouli on base

Have not tried Pure Coffee yet.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Pure Malt (but I like all of them)

I have yet to try Pure Havanae, but of the other three, I prefer Pure Malt. That said, it's a pretty tightly bunched group. Don't really love Pure Malt, nor do I dislike the others.

original.

Pure Havane! Pure Havane! Cherry cake sprinkled with cocoa powder...

Love Pure Malt and Pure Coffee. Tried Havane twice and all I get is honey... Maybe I should give it a full wear to see how it develops, but I don't like the opening... Original is OK to me.

I see Pure Malt and A*Men as #1 and 1a! Love both!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Pure Havane >>>>>>>> Original > Pure Malt
    Haven't tried pure coffee, but pure havane is amazing!!!

Pure malt > Amen and everything else
    1 .L Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Amouage Reflection Man
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Dior Homme Intense
    5. Aqua Universalis Forte - MFK
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure malt
    8. Serge Lutens Chergui
    9. Comme Des Garcons Sequoia
    10.Terre D' Hermes

1. Pure Malt + Pure Havane (I've decided that I love them equally, but I voted for Malt)
    2. Pure Coffee (Smells like A*Men without the tar note, which makes me happy)
    3. A*Men (Has the greatest longevity and sillage by far but is too much sometimes)
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Pure Malt, it's actually very, very good imo. Compliment getter for sure.

Pure Havane
    Pure Malt
    A*Men
    Pure Coffee

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

where's the "they all suck!" option?

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    AMen (Original) is the best. The other are toned down version of the original with something else. This are version for who doesnt like the real Amen.
    You got that right. Original is king - the others are imitators.

Dependent

Pure Havane is as good as it gets from Thierry Mugler IMO.

I like them all but if I had to choose one... Pure Havane. I'd cry as I told the others they'd become orphans.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Where's the option for Pure Shot?
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

In this order:

A*Men
    Pure Havane
    Pure Coffee
    Pure Malt
    Pure Shot
    Taste of Fragrance

Legendary A*Men (original).
    " In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One? "

A*Men (the king, deal with it!)
    Pure Havane
    Taste of Fragrance
    Pure Malt
    Pure Coffee
    Pure Shot

pure malt
    A*Men
    Pure Havane
    Taste of Fragrance

pure havane