Code of Conduct

Default When will Thierry Mugler's Pure Havane be discontinued/out of stores?

I bought a bottle of Thierry Mugler's Pure Havane recently and i'm considering to purchasing a backup bottle later this summer. How long will Pure Havane be in stores for and will the stores be bringing in new stock of Pure Havane? Will it be a lot more expensive than Pure Coffee and Pure Malt once its discontinued?

Default Re: When will Thierry Mugler's Pure Havane be discontinued/out of stores?

Good idea of get it ASAP, it will be out of stores I would think in the next couple of months if not already.

PM is still reasonably priced, but I am sure it will go up in price.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: When will Thierry Mugler's Pure Havane be discontinued/out of stores?

It's limited edition so yeah it'll be discontinued at some point. Personally I don't see the point in limited editions when that's all they put out anymore. Plus there's only so many flankers you can push on people until they turn their noses up. It's to the point where it isn't bought as a fragrance, but as a way to make money on Ebay.

Pure Havane is already lauched at stores?
    I cant find it online anywhere!

It's been out since February of this year at least in the US. Other countries it was released shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    How long will Pure Havane be in stores for and will the stores be bringing in new stock of Pure Havane?
    Their Customer Service reached at their number listed on their website might be able to give you this info.

Pure Havane was available today July 2, 2011 at my local Macy's, so where did you get the info that is not in the stores anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    Pure Havane was available today July 2, 2011 at my local Macy's, so where did you get the info that is not in the stores anymore?
    They're no longer available at some Nordstrom's, Bloomingdales, and Macy's since they're all sold out. They have no plans in restocking these limited edition bottles. Once they sell out they're gone according to several SA that i've talked to over at Nordstrom's and Macy's. One of the SA over at Nordstrom even showed me a monitor screen indicating which Nordstrom stores in California still have Pure Havane as of July 1st. The stores that do have Pure Havane most have no more than 1-2 bottles remaining. That would leave just the online department websites to order these bottles.

I've notice it is no longer available on the Thierry Mugler online purchase site also. Wow that one really moved out fast -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's to the point where it isn't bought as a fragrance, but as a way to make money on Ebay.
    Makes me wonder if that's where they all went! Sheesh!

The thing is, I prefer all of these "flavored flanker" A*Men to the original. It's almost at the point that I can't make up my mind which one I like most. Like you said - at some point I'll just walk away.

hey guys,

Anyone know if this is available in Stores in Canada?

I recently smelled it at the London duty free and liked it but wanted to wait as i already have Pure malt and couldn't justify buying this one as well. how do you compare both and is it really worth having them both? (heard the drydown is almost the same...)

thanks for keeping me posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
    hey guys,

Anyone know if this is available in Stores in Canada?

I recently smelled it at the London duty free and liked it but wanted to wait as i already have Pure malt and couldn't justify buying this one as well. how do you compare both and is it really worth having them both? (heard the drydown is almost the same...)

thanks for keeping me posted.
    Hi Mike, It was sold to my knowledge exclusively though the Bay, but perhaps Sears may carry it too. This was some time ago (about 4 months ago), I Wouldn't be surprised if it is now sold out across the country.

I had the same experience of passing on it in the London duty free, wish I didn't, I remember it being very reasonably priced at about 42 Pounds. I already owned pure malt so didn't think it was needed.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Just ordered some from Nordstrom's online. No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Just ordered some from Nordstrom's online. No problems.
    Same here!

Basenotes Member

Re: Canada. I had to drive out to Coquitlam from downtown Vancouver to get the last one available at the Bay. Maybe some rural stores still have some left.

I had two Japanese businessmen at my bar last night and one of them, an older gentleman HAD to be wearing Pure Havane-- when I got within a few feet of it I could smell it-- it was amazing. I was thinking that it was possibly unlikely that he was really wearing Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler, but my nose was telling me that he was. I thought maybe he'd just smoked a cigar before coming in for drinks and dinner, and/or maybe there's another scent out there that could be mistaken for Pure Havane, I don't know.

Regardless, this is an awesome scent to encounter on a stranger passing by.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I've notice it is no longer available on the Thierry Mugler online purchase site also. Wow that one really moved out fast -
    Maybe it's a sign that Thierry Mugler is ready to discontinue PURE HAVANE. I guess we all should stock up on backup bottles asap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Hi Mike, It was sold to my knowledge exclusively though the Bay, but perhaps Sears may carry it too. This was some time ago (about 4 months ago), I Wouldn't be surprised if it is now sold out across the country.

I had the same experience of passing on it in the London duty free, wish I didn't, I remember it being very reasonably priced at about 42 Pounds. I already owned pure malt so didn't think it was needed.

ya it was at 39 pounds so about 61$ Canadian.... so ya regret didn't pick it up since it's so cheap compared to what you find on Ebay, Nordstrom's, etc.

So as i mentioned, how does it really compare to Pure Malt?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
    ya it was at 39 pounds so about 61$ Canadian.... so ya regret didn't pick it up since it's so cheap compared to what you find on Ebay, Nordstrom's, etc.

So as i mentioned, how does it really compare to Pure Malt?
    I see some similarities between the two in the dry down. It sort of has the dry down of A*MEN as seen in Pure Malt but but not as BOLD. Dry down is great and loved by the ladies, at least for me it is

Has anyone successfully found Pure Malt at a department store as of late?

MuglerCircle tweeted yesterday that Pure Havane was available on their official website. And I read several times that Pure Malt and Pure Coffee would be available again soon...