Code of Conduct

Default If you could only buy from one house - Creed or Frederic Malle, what would you pick?

As I look at my $2,000 Creed collection (I also have two FMs [MR and GPM], a few A Goutals and Molecule 01) I sometimes wonder if I should have purchased primarily from the FM line instead. Vetiver Extraordinair instead of Original Vetiver. Bigarade Concentree instead of Millesime Imperial. Carnal Flower instead of SMW. Cologne Bigarade instead of Tabarome Millesime, Musc Ravageur instead of Acier Aluminum (does Creed make a real gourmand?) . . . and so on.

So, let's say you were in a circle of hell where you could only buy from one of these two legendary houses. Which would you choose? I don't know what I would do. I might have to go with FM.

Default Re: If you could only buy from one house - Creed or Frederic Malle, what would you pick?

I'd choose Creed, there's only a couple I really like from Frederic Malle while Creed has many likeable one even though I'd never dish out the cash for most.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Default Re: If you could only buy from one house - Creed or Frederic Malle, what would you pick?

I'd first buy these:

Une Rose - for the rose
    Portrait of a lady - for the rose & frankinsence
    Bigarade concentre - freshness
    MR - spicy musc
    VE - grassy crisp vetiver
    Noir Epices - spices & floral
    GpM - geranium
    FL - for the light woods
    en passant if you adore Olivia like I do

I would first own every niche from every house I like then I'd check out Creed. Nothing wrong with Creed, lovely quality perfumes but I feel other houses have more to offer.

Well, I have 12 Creeds and 2 Malles. Guess.

Tough choice for me, but probably Creed.

Creed by a very big margin, From all of the FM's I've only found one that was genuinely interesting, The others have vastly better alternatives.

Creed...I have a decent amount already and hopefully getting Acier Aluminium soon... Malle has a few that I'm interested in, but I think between Windsor, Selection Verte, Aventus, GIT, and MI...there's nothing from FM that I'd need more...maybe Musc Ravageur, but I'd pick a couple before that still..

I get more inspired by Creed anyday but not to take anything away from a fantastic house such as FM.

For pure decadence I'd go with FM. Problem is that there's very few that I could wear on a daily basis. Not to mention the bottles look like poop.

Thumbs up Re: If you could only buy from one house - Creed or Frederic Malle, what would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    For pure decadence I'd go with FM. Problem is that there's very few that I could wear on a daily basis. Not to mention the bottles look like poop.

I like the way you put things into perspective

FM without a doubt. Actually I can't event compare Creed vs. FM. Creed is the most overrated house of all

CREED since you can easily like more bottles from their line rather than from Frederic Malle.

Since I like and own Creed's Bois du Portugal and nothing from Malle, Creed wins 1-0.

Sorry but I find this question rather pointless. Why would you limit yourselve and base your choices entirely on such a hypothetical premise?

Creed.

Overall Creed wins, although FM's Bigarade Concentrée is one of the best smells ever...just a pity it has very poor longevity.
    Last edited by cloud9; 3rd July 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Basenotes Plus

A no-brainer for me really - I own and love many Creeds yet have only found two or three FM's that have sparked any interest.

Oh my, I would never have thought that Creed would be the more common choice!

For me it's malle pretty much by default.
    Smellin good

Currently, CREED is winning by 6-0 in my wardrobe. Though, I would love to add Vetiver Extraordinaire, L'Eau d'Hiver and Bigarde Concentree to my wardrobe someday.
    Last edited by morrison74; 3rd July 2011 at 12:58 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Frederic Malle hands down for me , 2 creeds vs 6 Malles here

Well, that would be Frederic Malle, given those two choices. I would ofc choose Guerlain above both of those houses... )

Frederic Malle

Sur la Plage

Frederic Malle - without any hesitation or doubt in my mind.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

F.M for me.

Frederic Malle for sure.

Frederic Malle.

Creed for me, as I've yet to come across a Frederic Malle that I've liked, although quite a few Creed I have tried and own, in my opinion are over rated anyway.

CREED - without any hesitation or doubt in my mind.

Malle, without a doubt.

Frederic Malle

Basenotes Plus

The house that has Vintage Tabarome.

If I had to buy from one house, it wouldn't be either.

Frederic Malle because Geranium pour Monsieur is one of the best scents I own.

That's a tough one. Creed has many Good offerings. Frederic Malle has a handful of great offerings. I love Musc Ravageur, Iris Poudre, and respect GPM, Portrait for a lady and En Passant. But than that I'd pass on the rest of the Frederic Malle's for one reason or the other.

Creed on the other hand, while they do not have any fragrance that stands out to me other than SMW and some Aventus Batches, the rest of the collection is just decent.

Frederic Malle--- at least you can rest assured there are some competent perfumers involved in the creation of these fragrances.

Creed, just better quality and diversity in my opinion. Nothing against Malle's colognes I own MR but that is about it.

Creed

Tough, but Creed by a centimeter

I still haven't found one bottle worthy Creed, so I guess it's Malle.

What would I have in my wardrobe?

Creed:
    Aventus
    Green Irish Tweed
    Green Valley
    Millésime Impérial
    Silver Mountain Water

Frederic Malle:
    Bigarade Concentrée
    French Lover
    L'Eau d'Hiver
    Musc Ravageur

For that reason I'd have to go with Creed. But, Green Valley is discontinued! This makes it 4 vs.4.

Creed make much easier scents (to wear) whereas FM seems to be a bit more daring. It's a very close one, maybe swayed slightly towards Creed for me based on MI and Aventus.
    Last edited by boosh; 3rd July 2011 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelca View Post
    Malle, without a doubt.
    Yep.

Neither, but if you put a gun to my head and made me choose I would go with Creed 10 out of 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    I'd choose Creed, there's only a couple I really like from Frederic Malle while Creed has many likeable one even though I'd never dish out the cash for most.
    + 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Sorry but I find this question rather pointless. Why would you limit yourselve and base your choices entirely on such a hypothetical premise?
    Yawn

Frederic Malle in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Robert G.; 4th July 2011 at 07:11 PM.

I'm skint, so neither. But if I had the dosh, I'd buy Malle. This is of course nothing to do with scent but the whole Creed aesthetic gives me the horrors. Only Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier have a more appalling visual design scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    CREED since you can easily like more bottles from their line rather than from Frederic Malle.
    Creed for this reason.

Creed, yes for the quality, but also for the sheer amount of choices over FM.

haha, i would simply stop buying fragrances, i have enough to last me a lifetime anyway. but in case my house burned down, my fragrance cabinet would just explode, well... no competition really, frederic malle.

I'd miss Angelique Encens, but it is discontinued anyway.... I would go with Malle. There are some wearable Creeds, but Malle has some really excellent scents - Iris Poudre, Une Fleur de Cassie, Le Parfum de Therese for starters.

Creed for Aventus (I know I know), MI and SMW.

Malle for French Lover, Musc R and Vetiver Ex.

Creed is somehow more readily available, so....Creed I suppose. Close call though.

I own 1 Creed, and 0 Frederic Malle. These two are obviously not my favorite houses. What kind of world would put such limitations on someone?

I try to look at fragrances on an individual basis. That being said, I prefer more from the Frederic Malle range - almost everything from that house is just fantastic - you can smell the quality and craftsmanship. Not to say there aren't some Creeds that I like - they're definitely compliment getters, but some of my favorite Creeds smell cheap and cliched when I compare them to my favorites from the Frederic Malle range.
    Sales thread here

Creed easily.

Frederic Malle

Musc Ravageur
    Noir Epices

I would have to choose Creed for the simple fact that I found only two Frederick Malle that I consider wearable. Don't get me wrong, I can easily appreciate Frederick Malle's scents but found wearing them difficult.
    - Expect the unexpected

Blog Entries

That's so silly CREED of course!!!!

creed, without a doubt

Banned
    Blog Entries

Creed.