Code of Conduct

Default Perfume samples for a canadian?

Now, I first ordered from scentedmonkey, but they don't deliver in Canada. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I can't go to the States too often. What's my alternative for websites for ordering samples?

Default Re: Perfume samples for a canadian?

Sephora stores have samples of mainstream scents (not sure if there are any in Sask.), and LuckyScent.com has niche.

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately no Sephora here, and doing a Ctrl+F on the samples part of the site yielded nothing for most of the scents i'm looking to sample.

Just today I received my luckyscent order. 3 x 100ml perfumes & 20 samples.
    No issue with packaging or customs.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Best bet IMO.

There are two that come to mind. First, you can order from The Perfumed Court. They have a very large inventory of scents available. You pay based on how much of the frag you want. Costs a bit but I believe its worth it. I have ordered on many occassions and have never had any type of problems whatsoever.
    The other is First in Fragrance, a German site. They do have a sampling program. It does appear they will ship to Canada. This is based on their website. I have not used them so I cant vouch for them. There have been very positive comments made about this site.

Hope this helps. Happy sniffing.

Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

I ordered my niche samples from this site
    http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/

They have pretty good sample program (5 samples for $15 shipped), not as good as aedes.com (7 samples for $15 shipped) but much cheaper than other sites and they ship internationally. As far as I remember they're located in Canada and US

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    I ordered my niche samples from this site
    http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/

They have pretty good sample program (5 samples for $15 shipped), not as good as aedes.com (7 samples for $15 shipped) but much cheaper than other sites and they ship internationally. As far as I remember they're located in Canada and US
    Thanks for that information-- I have a few questions about The Perfume Shoppe samples:
    Are the samples manufacturer samples or decanted ones?
    If decanted, are they in the little glass dabber vials (1.25 inches long) that hold .7ml?

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Thanks for that information-- I have a few questions about The Perfume Shoppe samples:
    Are the samples manufacturer samples or decanted ones?
    If decanted, are they in the little glass dabber vials (1.25 inches long) that hold .7ml?
    I've order 10 samples and 8 of them are decanted ones and 2 of them which are fragrances from L'artistan are manufacturer vials. I'm not sure how much the decanted vials actually are but they are glass dabbers and I have 2 or 3 wearings (dabbed on) out of each scent. I guess they have the same amount as those from aedes.com

+1 to the perfume shoppe.

also call Noor here in Toronto and see if they can help you out.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Thanks-- I've ordered from Aedes and know the size. These are the size samples Luckyscent sells as .7 mls.

Those vials are sold empty as "1 ml vials" (because technically they hold 1 ml if you fill them to the very brim and don't cap them) but as shipped they only hold .7 (.75) ml.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    This has nothing to do with perfume samples for a Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Best bet IMO.
    ......and neither does this

Like JasonX mentions, ThePerfumeShoppe is a good niche site. Also, you can check out The Perfumed Court online.

I tend to use off site decant swaps and sales. Type in crystal flacon forum into a search engine and you'll know what I mean. Establish a good reputation on Basenotes and that helps.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    This has nothing to do with perfume samples for a Canadian.

......and neither does this

Like JasonX mentions, ThePerfumeShoppe is a good niche site. Also, you can check out The Perfumed Court online.

I tend to use off site decant swaps and sales. Type in crystal flacon forum into a search engine and you'll know what I mean. Establish a good reputation on Basenotes and that helps.
    Why not lol?

It indicates that a international purchase from luckyscent went smooth. You're in Canada and I'm in the UAE. So if it reached me, should also reach you.

Check out fellow Canadian Basenoter and You Tube fragrance reviewer - Cformosa4 (Cubby). He sells decants ranging from 2.5 Ml's to 10 Ml decants from his website fragrancetalk.com.

LUCKYSCENT SHIPS TO CANADA. Hence why I mentioned it in my first post.

</thread>

Luckyscent to buy niches and buy samples, Fragrancenet to buy designers/some niches (they don't offer samples though)... both are REALLY Canadian friendly (no duties or any of that.)

Sephora (the 1% of the store that is man friendly), Shoppers Drug Mart, little perfume shops are where I sample colognes.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    ..., Fragrancenet to buy designers/some niches (they don't offer samples though)... both are REALLY Canadian friendly (no duties or any of that.)....
    I've read a few posts in the past that mention Cdn customers getting charged for UPS fee's. They mention they were hefty as well. Has there been a change ? I don't like to take chances or have unhappy surprises such as that.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I've read a few posts in the past that mention Cdn customers getting charged for UPS fee's. They mention they were hefty as well. Has there been a change ? I don't like to take chances or have unhappy surprises such as that.
    From Fragrance Net? Really? :| Nope, I haven't had any of those unless those come in 6 months later. First time I ordered from them was about 6 months ago. I just ordered from Lucky Scent so I don't know if there is duties or taxes for that yet.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Canadian? Make sure you order a sample of

Eh*Men

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Sephora stores have samples of mainstream scents (not sure if there are any in Sask.), and LuckyScent.com has niche.
    This.
    Last edited by Nazz; 5th October 2012 at 06:24 AM.

contact Boomer, who is a great, trusted basenotes member and see if he will ship to you.
    his site-
    http://checkitoutone.com/

- - - Updated - - -

looks like he may only ship US but i would try anyway.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post

Eh*Men

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "Eh"men brother. Hilarious.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post

Eh*Men

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Haha I definitely laughed at that one.

Maple Syrup, Coffee with Two Creams Two Sugar, Evergreen, Glacier Ice Accord, Incense and Cedar

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    Luckyscent to buy niches and buy samples, Fragrancenet to buy designers/some niches (they don't offer samples though)... both are REALLY Canadian friendly (no duties or any of that.)

Sephora (the 1% of the store that is man friendly), Shoppers Drug Mart, little perfume shops are where I sample colognes.
    I significantly prefer FragranceX to FragranceNet, prices are typically better, plus free shipping, I have done about 15+ orders from them with great results.

Sephora is a good bet as well.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Haha I definitely laughed at that one.

Maple Syrup, Coffee with Two Creams Two Sugar, Evergreen, Glacier Ice Accord, Incense and Cedar

I significantly prefer FragranceX to FragranceNet, prices are typically better, plus free shipping, I have done about 15+ orders from them with great results.

Sephora is a good bet as well.
    .....that sounds like a sweet fragrance !

Since we are talking about FNet and Fx...I find that Fx packages a bit better. As in, more "cushioned". Either way, I use them both.

By the way....Happy International Bond Day Neil !

More HERE
    Please PM me !