Code of Conduct

Default Shroff incense house

Ordered 100 grams of a few different fragrances. I am told they are one of the oldest houses in India. Anyone have experience with them? I am hoping their nag champa has real halmaddi. I miss that smell dearly.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Update:
    I am incredibly pleased with all purchased products. The nag champa does contain a good amount of halmaddi. The loban smells ancient. Sandalwood is elegant. Definitely worth trying.

While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Default Re: Shroff incense house

I've been hearing excellent things about shroff and I'm planning to buy from them soon.
    Thanks for your input

Omer send me your address again. I have some things for you and will send along some incense as well.

Thanks wooznib.
    You've got PM.

I've been trying out Amber Royal, for the last few days, and am very impressed. I'm still looking for a UK stockist though...

I am unsure if the ship overseas but I bought mine from essenceoftheages.com they seem to carry the entire line. If they do not, I would be glad to order and ship for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    I am unsure if the ship overseas but I bought mine from essenceoftheages.com they seem to carry the entire line. If they do not, I would be glad to order and ship for ya.
    Cheers, wooznib, but that's where I obtained my 25 grams. Their prices are also reasonable but I was just curious more for convenience sake.

Shroff is great; love there Mysore Sandal and Jungle Prince. Have you tried 'The Mothers India Fragrance' brand? Close rival to Shroff for the highest quality Indian incense I feel. If you get a chance try Bhakti or Jyoti Nag Champa from Mothers. They still use halmaddi in all there Nag Champa scents.

The American brand 'Fred Soll' also uses halmaddi in all his Champa scents and to be honest almost does Champas better then most Indian brands. Sadly they are NEVER in stock; he seems to be having supply issues with halmaddi like everyone else. If you can find any grab them up if your a halmaddi fan! His Frankincense Champa is one of the strangest mixes but oh so good.. Also Soll has an incense called 'Honey Amber' that actually has ambergris; ( get it "honey ambergris") a rare oddity for incense that's exceptionally good.

I've been burning a few more Shroff incenses recently. While it's been a real mixed bag, it's also been a pleasure all the same:

Louban - not for the faint hearted! The first time I burned one of these, I nearly suffocated! Bloody great stuff but the smoke is dense and heavy. I strongly recommend that only half or a third of a stick is burned at a time.

Red Sandal - a spicy sandalwood incense and is currently one of my favourites.

505 Amber and Amber Royal - I've heard that 505 Amber is supposed to be the best Shroff amber but I personally prefer Amber Royal. It's more straight up and offers me more personal satisfaction but both are great.

Green Durbar - The anticipation for this one was fever high... but it left me cold. Earthy, green and very mellow, it's the most discreet offering I've tried so far and only commanded my attention upon the realisation that the incense stick was no more.

Shroff incenses are soo good they can be perfumes in their own right. Paneer, Red Sandal, Sughand Mantri ( oud based ), Ruby are just WOW!

Jungle Prince, Pride Champa are my current favs. Pride has Oud and Musk.

Sadly, Nag Champs makes me sick. I can't stand the smell of it. Has anyone tried Wildberry incense? They're nice but I get way too much wood smoke from the inner stick and not enough incense fragrance.
    Hey BN'ers come check out my blog/channel for reviews/unboxings/first impressions! Feel free to subscribe and, thanks much. TheScentNose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheScentNose?feature=mhee

Sandal Flora, Paneer, Red Sandal, Little Woods are not smoky, especially the first three.

This guy has some lovely ones (sticks), batches/stock vary - haven't tried the chips, only sticks.

http://www.pure-incense.com/connoisseur.html

http://www.pure-incense.com/oils-and-wood-chips.html

Anyone know how they compare please?
    Last edited by lpp; 28th March 2013 at 09:00 AM.

They are top of the line, but you have to get their premium line.

Thank you, vinramamani09 - yes, I do mainly buy those - just wondering if anyone tried the chips yet?
    I've been dealing with them for some years.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    This guy has some lovely ones (sticks), batches/stock vary - haven't tried the chips, only sticks.

http://www.pure-incense.com/connoisseur.html

http://www.pure-incense.com/oils-and-wood-chips.html

Anyone know how they compare please?
    http://olfactoryrescueservice.wordpr...s=pure+incense

I agree that the samples, although numerous, are generally from the basic ranges, but the top range is excellent imo and not often sent out as samples in my experience unless it's a big order.
    Mine have always been labelled to indicate if 'cnsr'.
    The popular ones go out of stock quickly.
    Last edited by lpp; 30th March 2013 at 08:39 AM.