Code of Conduct

Thread: Le Labo

Default Le Labo

I took order of my Rose 31 today.

Exceptional packaging (I think) and especially when you get to have your name printed on the labels. Inside the box there was a sample of Vetiver 46 which was in a little brown bag. Someone also wrote on the little bag "Just a little gift" which, i must say - was very good of them as they didn't need to do that. So, to Rose 31. When I slid the cap off I was incredibly excited. But as i was just about to spray the thought "I bet it's not as good as i think" crept into my head. I sprayed............I was totally wrong! It was so much more than i had hoped for. Superbly well blended and (for lack of a better word) flawless. Anyone in doubt as to whether to buy this fragrance......TAKE THE PLUNGE. It is awesome :-). My little sample of Vetiver 46 was another spectacular scent so much so that i am debating ordering it now. Both are totally worth the money. Which is rare for a niche house. I am 100% happy with my purchases and look forward to dealing with Le Labo in the future.

Default Re: Le Labo

Hi, I ordered mine from Luckyscent. I assume you ordered yours directly from Le Labo. I ordered Patchouli 24. It is one of the very best things in my wardrobe. Amazing...............and DIFFERENT! And yes, I love that my name is on the bottle. It's gimmicky I know, but I still love it.
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

"Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

"It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

Gimmicky they may be, but so far I've liked everything I've tried by them, and own Patchouli 24, Santal 33, and Rose 31. I'm considering pulling the trigger on some of their oud next. It goes on a little funky, but the drydown is incredible.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've become a fanboy.

Sur la Plage

You purchased a great fragrance. Enjoy!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Man, I hate roses. Is it very dominant in this? This sounds great, but my wife and I hate rose scents.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Man, I hate roses. Is it very dominant in this? This sounds great, but my wife and I hate rose scents.
    No, its not the dominant note. I wouldn't have liked it if it was. The rose comes about 30 mins after initial spray and its quite subtle

Blog Entries

I'm about to get a 15ml of Rose 31 and I'm very excited about it. I like the Iris and the Labdanum too.

In the last month I've pulled the trigger on a 120ml bottle of Creed-Virgin Island Water, a 50ml bottle of Tom Ford-Italian Cypress, and a 100ml bottle of Tom Ford-Tobacco Vanille, so i should probably refrain from another purchase for a little while.

That said, i am intrigued by Le Labo's discovery sets, which is 3 x 5ml atomisers for 38. Rose 31 seems a common favourite amongst many BNers, are there any other stand out scents from their collection?

Rose 31 was an impulse blind purchase for me too. I sprayed it on and immediately hated it! Why? Because it was nothing like I expected or imagined. It is now my favorite fragrance of everything I have ever tried. Why? Because it is nothing like I expected or imagined! It is unique, masterfully blended and constructed, seductive and warm, and a true masterpiece. I don't imagine I will ever be without a bottle. I also love their minimalist packaging, from the bottle, to the label, to the box it comes in. All that said, of everything I have tried from Le Labo, Rose 31 is the superstar and the rest have been "not my style" to "okay". I am certainly a Rose 31 fanboy!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post

I would barely call it a rose scent (although it is). It's a very very masculine rose scent.

I'd also be interested to hear what people think of the rest of the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplelune View Post
    I'm about to get a 15ml of Rose 31 and I'm very excited about it. I like the Iris and the Labdanum too.
    I found the 15ml sizes to have more of a bite to them, stronger somehow. They're great sprayers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post

I'd also be interested to hear what people think of the rest of the line...
    Patchouli - Dark, trippy, like being at a rib cook off contest

Labdanum - Sweet, ambery, polite, not much development

Santal - cool and astringent in the beginning, then the sandalwood appears a few hours later and doesn't stop. I was told the sandalwood is Australian. It's nice - different. Lasts very, very long.

Rose 31 probably sells more than all of the others combined.
    Last edited by adonis; 1st July 2011 at 08:17 PM.

Rose 31 is a wonderful perfume.
    Not a prominent rose but it's definitely there playing a major , veiled , role.

I want to try these scents at some point. I do agree the "lab coats," expiry dates and names on the labels is gimmicky, but I happen to like some scents with a history of marketing falsehood about their origins. Rubbish and fine scents are not mutually exclusive.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

@hedonist: thank you again for the samples. A superb house indeed. can't wait for the bottle of.....

I own FBs of both Rose 31 and Vetiver 46, and they're both great. I started out liking the Rose better of the two, and was just as enthusiastic about it as so many others here, but with time I've actually started to grow a little tired of it. Or maybe I've just gotten used to it. All the best stuff happens in the opening, I think, and it tends to turn kind of sour as it dries down. The Vetiver, on the other hand, is more complex with a woody feel and lots of smoke. It's very similar to CdG 2 Man (both are by Mark Buxton), but as an EdP the Le Labo has better longevity. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting another FB of Rose when I've used up the one I have, but I might just go refill my Vetiver (they have a refill service... something about protecting the environment or saving bottles or... okay, I'm not really sure why, haha, but it'll save you a bit of money over buying a new bottle). I'm considering other Le Labos, too - the Patchouli, the Oud, and the Bergamotte all seem interesting. Didn't try the new Santal yet, but I'm pretty sure I will.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    @hedonist: thank you again for the samples. A superb house indeed. can't wait for the bottle of.....
    My pleasure glad i could help
    Thanks for giving me credit here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dane77 View Post
    I'm considering other Le Labos, too - the Patchouli, the Oud, and the Bergamotte all seem interesting. Didn't try the new Santal yet, but I'm pretty sure I will.
    The Bergamont one is OK, but I'd suggest trying the Santal in it's place. The Santal is far more interesting.

Rose 31 is definitely in my top three and the only reason why it isn't no. 1 is because it didn't do so well in the longevity department during the colder weather on my skin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I found the 15ml sizes to have more of a bite to them, stronger somehow. They're great sprayers as well.
    That's really, really good to know. I am even more excited now. Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    The Bergamont one is OK, but I'd suggest trying the Santal in it's place. The Santal is far more interesting.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure I'll try the Santal.

One of my current favourites and as close as I have to a signature scent. So good I even bought a bottle for my dad for fathers day!

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    Rose 31 was an impulse blind purchase for me too. I sprayed it on and immediately hated it! Why? Because it was nothing like I expected or imagined. It is now my favorite fragrance of everything I have ever tried. Why? Because it is nothing like I expected or imagined! It is unique, masterfully blended and constructed, seductive and warm, and a true masterpiece. I don't imagine I will ever be without a bottle. I also love their minimalist packaging, from the bottle, to the label, to the box it comes in. All that said, of everything I have tried from Le Labo, Rose 31 is the superstar and the rest have been "not my style" to "okay". I am certainly a Rose 31 fanboy!
    me too
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I know that Rose 31 is Le Labo's best seller, but it just doesn't do it for me when I consider it beside Montale's Black Aoud, Voleur de Roses, and Ungaro III. Blasphemy, I know. Maybe I need to sample a few more times. I am addicted to Oud 27 and Santal 33, however. The Oud 27 does go on with a sourness, but something about the scent relaxes me and makes me feel at ease, especially on hot afternoons. I overapplied the Santal 33 one day and my wife said I smelled like dill, which gave me a complex about wearing it for a week or so. But I tried it again with a little more restraint on the trigger and it's still fantastic juice.

I got 100ml of Santal 33 from a split hosted here on BN. The split is still open for a lot of the Le Labo scents. Definitely worth checking out if you've been wanting a full 50ml+ of a certain Le Labo offering. Sure, the bottle doesn't come with your name on it, but the juice is amazing all the same. I apologize if this plug for the split is in poor taste, but it's a great way to get the fantastic Le Labo fragrances at a great price. And yes, it's partially a self-serving plug since I'm waiting anxiously for the Vetiver 46 and Oud 27 splits to be filled

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun View Post
    I know that Rose 31 is Le Labo's best seller, but it just doesn't do it for me when I consider it beside Montale's Black Aoud, Voleur de Roses, and Ungaro III. Blasphemy, I know. Maybe I need to sample a few more times.
    Rose 31 is not comparable to BO, VdR and UIII. They're all excellent in thier respective genres. Bu different than R31.
    R31 has no patchouli, whereas VdR is a rose and patchouli bomb. All are good.

Ohh yeah, womo's split thread is amazing. Got me a 100ml santal on the last split.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Rose 31 is not comparable to BO, VdR and UIII. They're all excellent in thier respective genres. Bu different than R31.
    R31 has no patchouli, whereas VdR is a rose and patchouli bomb. All are good.

Ohh yeah, womo's split thread is amazing. Got me a 100ml santal on the last split.
    Agreed on all points. I know that I need to sample Rose 31 more extensively, as I had an Oud 27 sample for a long time before it clicked for me. But at this point, I prefer Montale, VdR, and UIII for rose frags. Maybe I'm mistakenly stuck on the name of Rose 31, as seems to happen with Le Labo frags.

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    I took order of my Rose 31 today.

Exceptional packaging (I think) and especially when you get to have your name printed on the labels.
    Packaging reminds me (also to Luca Turin) soviet times

Rose 31 is nice, I like it, though, it's very expensive...
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    One can not prove the beauty, but show it. You see it or you don't. Darkness - for the blinds.

Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir
    Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

glad you are enjoying it.

unfortunately i grew tired of it quickly. was ruthlessly linear and eventually took on the air of "room deodorizer" to me.

a room deodorizer that smells like carrots, cumin, and underarms.

thier packaging and marketing does kick butt tho