Code of Conduct

Default Article: 4711 launches 'Nouveau Cologne' today: 4.7.11

So it's Granny's cheap synthetics vs. modern cheap synthetics? I think they had better give up on trying to freshen up the image of 4711, every attempt in the last forty years has failed miserably.

So... wearing it will make you think you're in a VERY bad James Bond title sequence??

Default Re: Article: 4711 launches 'Nouveau Cologne' today: 4.7.11

Expect it lasts for more than 1 hour

Also, for the Ad, it will be launched as a "Female cologne"?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Also, for the Ad, it will be launched as a "Female cologne"?
    It's a unisex, but the initial marketing does seem to be aimed at women

I've heard of drowning yourself in fragrance but this is ridiculous.

Somehow, the idea that 4711 is trying to be fine fragrance really irritates me; I always have a bottle of the original cologne around and think of it as a nice, refreshing splash to cool down and clean hands when traveling. I guess I'm just old-fashioned (or old! ).

This sounds really nice to me! I still love the original and always keep several bottle around for quick splashing too. Can't wait to try the new scent. I have never heard of the 'evodia' note before; apparently is like black pepper. So that should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    So it's Granny's cheap synthetics vs. modern cheap synthetics? I think they had better give up on trying to freshen up the image of 4711, every attempt in the last forty years has failed miserably.
    I could not have said this better. Ditto for the comment on "fine fragrance." It is what it is.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I tried it today at the pharmacy. It is a godwaful, nose-clogging, 100% synthetic piece of low-end perfume trash, a synthetic floral-aquatic smelling like the worst kind of air-freshener, febreze product or aggressive fabric softener. Functional perfumery all the way. DIS-GUS-TING.

What an ad. At least it wasn't in B&W. I know this is going to date me, but the tat on the model's arm is tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I tried it today at the pharmacy. It is a godwaful, nose-clogging, 100% synthetic piece of low-end perfume trash, a synthetic floral-aquatic smelling like the worst kind of air-freshener, febreze product or aggressive fabric softener. Functional perfumery all the way. DIS-GUS-TING.
    So, you're not crazy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    Somehow, the idea that 4711 is trying to be fine fragrance really irritates me; I always have a bottle of the original cologne around and think of it as a nice, refreshing splash to cool down and clean hands when traveling. I guess I'm just old-fashioned (or old! ).
    quite..... i use it as a menopausal cool stick HA!!

Blog Entries

I used to work in a retirement home so i know all about 4711 because all the old ladies would wear it lol..and for a long time i used to think that the original was an old forgotten classic that was just way before my time.

I have yet to sample this new one but the original i thought was very clean and bright but maybe too clinical for a perfume fragrance it also reminded me a bit of those refreshing hot towels you get on long haul flights.

I just got a chance to try it, and I agree with the_good_life's assessment.