Code of Conduct

Question Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir

I am wearing Jasmin Noir from a sample right now and quite like it. (I didn't have any particular interest in this the first time I tried it. But something about the humidity of the day is making this a new summer favorite.) And I'm wondering if anyone has tried the MON Jasmin Noir AND Jasmin Noir. If so, can you talk about how these are similar or different? Do you like one more than the other and why? Any input would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir

Yes - I'm interested to hear about them - especially the new one.

I've only tried Mon Jasmin Noir (although I didn't realise at the time that it wasn't the same as Jasmin Noir). I'm curious to hear what the differences are. I got a very brief chewy orange candy note that I kind of liked, but overall, Mon Jasmin Noir didn't stand out, and I can barely remember it to describe it. Orange and a non-indolic jasmine.

I tried Mon Jasmin very briefly (didn't even get a sample at Dillards. It is a gentle, almost transparent, bright jasmine, which reminds me of the actual flowers I smell in May/June. Jasmin Noir is creamier, and while it is not "noir" for me, it has a certain dusty quality to it. I don't find this creaminess and the touch of dust in Mon Jasmin. "Non-indolic jasmine" sounds right.

Thanks, catnip and kasae! This helps. I think I'll have to make my way to the fume counter and do a side by side sniff.

I do love Jasmin Noir but found Mon Jasmin Noir a shameful re-use of the name. It does not measure up to the original.

I find Jasmin Noir a beautiful creamy fragrance without a pronounced jasmine smell. In Mon Jasmin Noir I do detect a light jasmine clearly (indeed a non-indolic one) but it is done in such a bland way that I wished I did not test it on my wrist. The jasmine rests on a boring acquatic-fruity base, very generic IMO. If I want a light, non-indolic jasmine I go for Drama Nuui.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    I do love Jasmin Noir but found Mon Jasmin Noir a shameful re-use of the name. It does not measure up to the original.

I find Jasmin Noir a beautiful creamy fragrance without a pronounced jasmine smell. In Mon Jasmin Noir I do detect a light jasmine clearly (indeed a non-indolic one) but it is done in such a bland way that I wished I did not test it on my wrist. The jasmine rests on a boring acquatic-fruity base, very generic IMO. If I want a light, non-indolic jasmine I go for Drama Nuui.
    Thanks, bonsai, for your critique. I just tried Mon Jasmin today, and I think I have to agree with you. I found it pleasant...certainly more jasmine-forward than Jasmin Noir, but there are other simple/bright jasmine fragrances I like better. I have not tried Drama Nuui. I will have to look for a sample.

Mon Jasmin Noir is lighter/ fresher/ greener version of jasmine. Jasmin Noir is darker with a spicier feel. Both are light enough to wear by day, but Jasmin Noir can segue into evening -- if you feel like wearing it (just re-apply).

Go with Jasmin Noir. Btw, A La Nuit by Serge Lutens/ Shiseido is another beautiful "true" jasmine scent.
    Last edited by pince_nez; 22nd July 2011 at 05:28 PM.