Code of Conduct

Default Nemo by Cacharel

Gentlemen,

I've found a 100ml bottle of Nemo but they are asking $119 plus postage.

I know it's discontinued but for those of you who have it or tried it- is it really as good as others have said?

I'm really wondering should I pull the trigger and buy blind?
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Nemo by Cacharel

I bought a bottle for a much less than $119 about a year ago (think I paid about $60 for it). It's good, but not that good. You could get some pretty amazing niche frags at that price point. Also, you can get it for a lot less on Ebay.

Hard to say. I like it quite a lot. It's a lovely woody oriental fragrance with some leather - definitely brown.
    It didn't make a big impression on me at first but as I wear it more and smell it now I can't really find any flaw.
    It's a shame it was discontinued as it's a perfect daily wear.
    I bought mine for the same $ per ml as you might do and I'm happy with my purchase.
    I'd say it's worth having in the collection and I would suggest this even if it was not discontinued.
    Will you feel the same? Who knows...

edit: fair point by Chasing the Dragon re price - I did get a 50ml rather than 100.

not worth the price, get John Varvatos instead. you may want to check with xmen if he has any left... he can offer Nemo at much lower prices..

IMO that price is extremely expensive for Nemo , here in spain is relatively easy to find it and for a reasonable price, (I think remenber around 40$ for 50 ml.)
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Thanks for your thoughts guys- much appreciated.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On that note, if you want Nemo you can try its alternative or should I say copycat which is Antidote by Viktor & Rolf which is not as good as Nemo but pretty similar

Personally like it and glad I have it but $119 is a bit steep IMO.

The occasional bottle still pops up here on the swap/sales board. I saw one recently, and it was going for a lot less than what you are currently looking at.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I was utterly taken by Nemo and bought it for $80. Only problem was that I got utterly sick of it after a week or two. I only wear it very occasionally nowadays.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    I bought a bottle for a much less than $119 about a year ago (think I paid about $60 for it). It's good, but not that good...
    Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    ...you may want to check with xmen if he has any left... he can offer Nemo at much lower prices..

These comments express my experience... exactly. The big 100ml 'Y'.

I really liked Nemo, but unfortunately had to swap my bottle because it made me ill. It was a completely bizzare thing. I was wondering if it was just in my mind, but eventually ( quite soon) I just had to swap it off. It felt like I was getting a headache or something.

Anyways, I got my large bottle for somewhat less than $80. I was happy because I don't mind retail if it is local and I don't have to worry about spoiled juice. I like the fragrance as well.

Just to let you know, Nemo was something that had to grow on me. That is because I thought it would be "amazing" or blow my socks off ( my socks were still on after the first couple of samplings). Nemo is blended very well. Before you know it, the sweet midnotes transforms into a hinoki incense accord. It took me a sampling of another fragrance with similar notes to realize what was going on.

I recommend this and hope it doesn't give you headaches or anything. Its a shame that cartoon movie ruined this fragrance's launch.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I'd suggest acting quick and getting azzaro visit instead. I think it's actually better than Nemo.
    Also, try cdg incense series, especially avignon and ouarzazate for some sweetened smoke and spices. Nemo is basically that.
    Not worth 120 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    On that note, if you want Nemo you can try its alternative or should I say copycat which is Antidote by Viktor & Rolf which is not as good as Nemo but pretty similar
    Hate to contradict you Jasonx but I have both and don't find them similar at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Just to let you know, Nemo was something that had to grow on me. That is because I thought it would be "amazing" or blow my socks off ( my socks were still on after the first couple of samplings). Nemo is blended very well. Before you know it, the sweet midnotes transforms into a hinoki incense accord.
    Similar experience for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    I'd suggest acting quick and getting azzaro visit instead. I think it's actually better than Nemo.
    Also, try cdg incense series, especially avignon and ouarzazate for some sweetened smoke and spices. Nemo is basically that.
    Not worth 120 IMO.
    Big +1. Nemo is nothing special, IMO. I got it back when it wasn't very rare or expensive, based on good reviews. It was one of those scents that I just didn't get along with. Sour, heavy, thoroughly unpleasant on me.

Not sure about current rates for it, but either way, there are better options in the sweet/woody/incense category.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Its a great fragrance that seems pretty easy to wear but I wouldn't shell out that much for it as there are cheaper options for Nemo. It isn't as rare as most discontinued fragrances because there isn't a huge following for it. I would hold back on the trigger and pursue a cheaper option.

I can't justify paying that much for something I've never smelt, so I must discourage you from doing the same.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)