Code of Conduct

Default Filling up my TPC basket - last 4 suggestions...

On my next round at TPC I have in my basket - 1ml samples of;

Annick Goutal Songes EDP
    Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose
    Guerlain Mayotte
    Yves Saint Laurent Nu EDP
    Patou Joy EDP
    Robert Piguet Fracas EDP
    Caron Montaigne edp

I can afford about another 4 samples. Any suggestions? Maybe something I've missed or something that is really worth trying!

thanks ya'll. I just recently ordered a Chanel gateway, a la nuit, black violet and a "white floral" sample packet of Velvet Gardenia, Carnal Flower and Love in White. I also have got Bandit here and a few others.

I don't think I have a specific type of fragrance I like -(unless someone can see past all the names) but just enjoy something that smells great!

I'd like to try a nice feminine Oud if people know of one?
    Last edited by queen_sheba; 5th July 2011 at 10:31 AM.

Default Re: Filling up my TPC basket - last 4 suggestions...

Take off the Mayotte sample, Ill send it to you.

Now you can afford five

Al Oud by L'Artisan is a nice soft oud.

for swap/sale:

Great! Aren't Basenoters lovely people!? That would be lovely....I've heard it is a must try :-)

I also came across Secret Oud by Caron (although could never afford a full bottle) and will try your L'Artisan suggestion.

thanks!

Blog Entries

Montale Aoud Blossom might be worth a try?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Red Aoud and Velvet Aoud by Montale for the oud

thanks for the Oud suggestions, will try velvet oud, Aoud blossom and Al Oud to see how I get on.

Try Visa by Piguet too - I think the modern one is quite nice.

Another vote for Visa, it's gorgeous. Do they have any Parfums de Nicolai? Worth trying a few of those, also Patou Sublime

Basenotes Plus

White Aoud by Montale is creamy, soft and feminine.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

1270 if you havent tried it yet, and Keiko Mecheri's Mulholland.

Possible choices for the oud: Tom Ford Noir de Noir ( foody oudy ); Czech & Speake Dark Rose ( rose-berry oudy ); By Kilian Rose Oud ( delicate oudy rose ).

Possible choices given the white floral streak in your post: JAR Jardenia ( the best gardenia ); Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle ( mean tuberose ); By Kilian Beyond Love ( nice tuberose ); Nasomatto Nuda ( heavy jasmine ), By Kilian Love & Tears ( summery jasmine ).

They are having a 15% off sale on anything from Hermes, YSL, biehl, Chanel, Carthusia, iPdF, The Different Company from July 4 through 6, Central time, use code preann.

I saw the 15% off but it's the wrong time of the month for me. Plus bought some Chanel in the last round. :-)

thanks for those ssuggestions - will add Visa to the list and all those Oud's you mentioned do appeal, particularly the rose/berry ones. :-) I can't wait to find out if I like it! (the oud i mean)

I do like tuberose and jasmine a lot -i grew up in my 20's wearing Blush by Marc Jacobs and recently discovered A La Nuit and Night Scented Jasmine by Floris. But wasn't that keen on the Velvet Gardenia. Not sure why. Love in White was nice to being with but just dried down to a dull, creamy vanilla.

Carnal flower was epic though :-) and my favourite out of all my samples so far is Bois Des Iles. Jut figuring out how to scrape together 100 to get the parfum

any more, keep them coming. I seem to like a bit of everything; white flowers, oriental, amber, iris, violet, citrus, some chypres, rose and even a bit of leather. The only thing I don't seem to like is gourmand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs H View Post
    Do they have any Parfums de Nicolai? Worth trying a few of those, also Patou Sublime
    Yes they do....rather a lot! http://theperfumedcourt.com/search.a...fums%20nicolai anything that stood out to you?

You are ordering several I really like, so I'll through out a suggestion of a scent I'm buying this fall for sure: Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire. Love it! Second the Tuberose Criminalle suggestion as well.

Aoud Rose Petals by Montale is another soft and feminine oud to try - the oud is pretty toned down compared to the other Montales...and bonus bright fresh rose notes!

As others here, I see a floral theme. My favorite jasmine right now is Sarrasins by Serge Lutens (a la nuit, but less single-minded, with a touch of fruits and a touch of supersmooth leather) - but since you have already a la nuit, perhaps you can wait on this. Why not Jasmin et cigarette by Etat libre d'orange? Or go masculine with Troisieme homme by Caron (musky floral)?

I also second Visa (very fruity leather) to move in different directions. But I see Visa as a step out of the fruity floral syrups, in which you don't seem to have fallen, and I much prefer the kinky Bandit lady, which is just in a different world.

As for PdN, there's the green floral Temps d'une fete if you like your flowers a little on the green side. Or Vie de Chateau if you want to explore smooth leathers. But perhaps you can just try the most famous, the (non-floral) orange-amber New York.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    But perhaps you can just try the most famous, the (non-floral) orange-amber New York.

cacio
    Hi there - is that's Guerlain's New York?

Thanks for the suggestions - my list looks good so far and looking forward to getting stuck into all those Ouds

QS

No, I meant New York by Patricia de Nicolai. the last paragraph all referred to this brand.

cacio

okay great! PdN was what you siad - silly me :-) Yes Orange Amber sounds wonderful. Consider it in the basket. Although Guerlain's New York also sounds pretty yummy :-)

***oooo...she's a GUERLAIN!! trained by JP Guerlain no less. must look into the rest of her stuff - interest has been piqued now***
    Last edited by queen_sheba; 6th July 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Yes, Patricia de Nicolai is actually a member of the Guerlain family, I forgot exactly what, but she opened her own line as the Guerlain top spot was then taken by others. Her perfumes are indeed classical in style.

cacio

Yeah also reading her bio - sounds like she didn't want to bow down to LVMH!

"Patricia Nicolai has fragrance in her blood. The grand-daughter of Pierre Guerlain, she was trained by Jean-Paul Guerlain and worked extensively in the corporate fragrance world before realizing her dream – a small, family-owned company where she could truly express her artistry in her scent creations, without having to deal with a committee. "