Code of Conduct

Default Similar fragrences to Pure Malt/Pure Havane

While at Nordstrom the other night I bought Pure Havane and the store actually had a tester of Pure Malt, however they didn't have any for sale. I have fallen in love with these two fragrances and was wondering if there are any similar ones out there. In a previous thread someone recommended Nicole Miller for Men as something similar to Pure Malt. Any other suggestions?

Default Re: Similar fragrences to Pure Malt/Pure Havane

I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find anything very close to Pure Malt. I think someone once mentioned Black XS but I don't see the similarity.

I would not say that Pure Malt and Nicole Miller for Men smell similar, but that they are similar because they both have boozy qualities to them. Both are sweet, but PM is caramel where NMfM is apple. Yes, the price difference is significant, but I would suggest just getting Pure Malt if that's the scent you're craving. In the meantime, maybe search the site for previous threads about boozy fragrances.

http://www.basenotes.net/bn_search.p...=0&sa.y=0#1146

The closest I've encountered is Enrico Sebastiano Fine Cologne (though it has no tobacco). It's like removing the booziness of Pue Malt and replacing it with a lime/spicy accord (with a hint of woods). Over time the Pure Malt type base gets stronger.

Basenotes Institution N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PortraitInFlesh View Post
    While at Nordstrom the other night I bought Pure Havane and the store actually had a tester of Pure Malt, however they didn't have any for sale. I have fallen in love with these two fragrances and was wondering if there are any similar ones out there. In a previous thread someone recommended Nicole Miller for Men as something similar to Pure Malt. Any other suggestions?
    Which Nordstrom had the Pure Malt tester? Would the SA be cool enough to make a sample for customers?

Has anyone come across Pure Malt being sold at a department store as of late???

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Which Nordstrom had the Pure Malt tester? Would the SA be cool enough to make a sample for customers?
    Nordstrom in the Santa Monica Place. I didn't see Pure Havane there and asked the SA if they had it. She opened a drawer and pulled out the Pure Malt bottle, black bottle with gold liquid. I told her it's very rare, and she seemed to think it wasn't and said I could order it. She then went on the computer and said that only Pure Havane could be ordered. Didn't ask if she had a tester, but next time I'm there I will.

HOLY CRAP!!! I WANT A SAMPLE!!! I CAN"T GET A F***ING SAMPLE ANYWHERE...unless i purchase online of course :/ I wonder if the SA would be down to sending samples of Pure Malt by mail.

No they wouldn't mail a sample, and calm down a bit with the excessive posting. Try ebay, fragrancenet, or if you have something in your wardrobe I'd be interested in, I could swap a decant possibly. As far as similar bottles, only thing I've smelled that's in the same ballpark as PM is Noir de Noir from Tom Ford, and that's only the berry accords, so even that's not a close representation.

Fragrancenet

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Fragrancenet
    Pure Malt has not been available on Fragrance.net for a while.