Code of Conduct

Default Amouage reflection man appreciation thread

Reminds me of Lemale but more transparent and extremely smooth. I'm sure there are fans out there, please share your thoughts..

Default Re: Amouage reflection man appreciation thread

I just purchased a partial bottle from a basenotes member and it's quite a bit stronger than the sample I had. More wearable than Le male, but it's pretty darn strong if you over spray and it lasts a long time. I really can't pick out any particular notes because it's so well blended. I loved it as soon as I sampled it, and love it even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I just purchased a partial bottle from a basenotes member and it's quite a bit stronger than the sample I had. More wearable than Le male, but it's pretty darn strong if you over spray and it lasts a long time. I really can't pick out any particular notes because it's so well blended. I loved it as soon as I sampled it, and love it even more now.
    It's so masterfully blended and I don't get that harsh synthetic vibe like I do with Le Male. I'm glad I was able to get a bottle, I'm going to be using it often in the future...

It's in my top 5 and defintely a compliment getter. I don't find myself reaching for it much these days since i like it so much and feel its more suited for special occasions, not something i feel comfortable wearing daily since i want it to have more meaning for those special events

Can't wait to get my bottle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Reminds me of Lemale but more transparent and extremely smooth. I'm sure there are fans out there, please share your thoughts..
    Love at first whiff, it exudes quality. It's frags like this that help keep me interested in fragrance.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Love at first whiff, it exudes quality. It's frags like this that help keep me interested in fragrance.

Martin
    Glad you do Martin, have you tried a sample of Creed's Royal Oud yet??

Went through my sample immediately, its good...but Memoir Man is too, i cant decide lol. Didnt care much for Epic or Dia Man.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    It's in my top 5 and defintely a compliment getter. I don't find myself reaching for it much these days since i like it so much and feel its more suited for special occasions, not something i feel comfortable wearing daily since i want it to have more meaning for those special events
    I haven't worn it out yet, but I can see why this would draw compliments...it's incredible stuff. I judge a fragrance based on originality and quality. There is no doubt this is some high quality stuff. It's is just so smooth and exotic...a cologne I'm sure the ladies will love...

It's definately a lady killer. It has the Le male vibe, the powdery aspect, fresh, and beautiful at the same time.

Blog Entries

I'm on a students budget.
    I bought a 100 ml bottle.
    Won another one.
    Cant get myself to sell either.
    This ought to tell you how I feel about it.
    Smellin good

Reflection Man also is one that can be quite deceiving as far as overall strength. I use to over apply it since it did not feel like it was that strong but its actually pretty strong scent. I noticed spraying a little further away from the skin really gives you another aspect of the scent, compared to spraying very close to the skin. Give it a try and let me know if you haev the same experience

I loved it to pieces.

I found that it had very poor sillage or projection which is odd because Amouage fragrances are usually fantastic in the sillage department. I think it may have been noob nose fatigue And as everyone else is saying, it's strong stuff! I don't get it!

Regret selling it now!

Banned

I don't like Le Male or that type of scent, but if I did I would definitely get this as it's a much better version of Le Male.

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    I loved it to pieces.

I found that it had very poor sillage or projection which is odd because Amouage fragrances are usually fantastic in the sillage department. I think it may have been noob nose fatigue And as everyone else is saying, it's strong stuff! I don't get it!

Regret selling it now!
    I would bet it was fatigue, since i was the same until others around me constantly commented on being able to smell it. I found lighter application was what i needed to really enjoy it and notice it.

I loved it to pieces.

Regret selling it now!
    it projects fairly well on my skin for the first 4 hours and then sits a bit closer to the skin the last 3-4 hours

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    I would bet it was fatigue, since i was the same until others around me constantly commented on being able to smell it. I found lighter application was what i needed to really enjoy it and notice it.
    I've only just began to realise that you're right. Less is more with fragrance, the more you wear the more likely fatigue will kick in. And getting a breeze of your own sillage every now and then can be amazing

This fragrance is much more versatile than Lemale, you think reflection can be pulled off I'n the heat?

I've only just began to realise that you're right. Less is more with fragrance, the more you wear the more likely fatigue will kick in. And getting a breeze of your own sillage every now and then can be amazing

Trust me, it took me a while to figure this out...more is not always better when it comes to sprays. But of course certain frags do require heavier application

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    This fragrance is much more versatile than Lemale, you think reflection can be pulled off I'n the heat?
    I wear it in 90 + degree weather and it never gets cloying. Like others have said it's deceiving in it's sillage and projection. I do 2 sprays and that's it. Anymore than 3 and your going to leave a sillage jet trail.

Which one works better in colder weather, Memoir or Reflection? One of those is my next fragrance. I've been leaning towards Memoir because I just don't like Le Male, if Reflection is much like that, then it's a no go...

Banned

IIRC, Memoir blatantly smells like candy, where as Reflection smells subtly of candy. They're both fine for the winter.

I've so far tried Memoir, Epic and Jubilation from the Amouage line and didn't rate any of them. I have a sample of Reflection arriving in two days so I'll see how I get on with that. This thread is giving me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Festivus81 View Post
    Which one works better in colder weather, Memoir or Reflection? One of those is my next fragrance. I've been leaning towards Memoir because I just don't like Le Male, if Reflection is much like that, then it's a no go...
    It smells slightly like LeMale just a million times better, try out a sample...i think you will like it. Reflection smells like a million bucks IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_B View Post
    I've so far tried Memoir, Epic and Jubilation from the Amouage line and didn't rate any of them. I have a sample of Reflection arriving in two days so I'll see how I get on with that. This thread is giving me hope.
    WOW! Can't believe you don't rate these! In my opinion, all Amouage scents give the same kind of vibe, amazingly blended, subtly spicy, Jubilation and Lyric being close to masterpiece status for me.

Amouage is my absolute favorite house. I was quite underwhelmed by Reflection, to be honest. I guess that's what happens when you churn out flawless fragrances one after the other though. Having said that, I will probably still pick up a bottle.

I will say, for anyone on a budget, Le Male will do just fine for you.

I'm a big fan of Amouage, in particular reflection. When I first wore it I though it's ok but nothing special, butbas the day wore I changed my mind and have been a fan ever since.

Wearing it right now. Great scent! My absolute favorite!

Here's my experience with LeMale's similarity to Reflection. When I smell LeMale on others, it doesn't smell anything like Reflection. It smells less smooth, less powdery, and less refined. LeMale is a fresh kinda citrucy scent, where reflection is less fresh/citrucy, more powdery, smoother, and more refined. Guess I kinda just said that earlier, but in reverse. lol But...I remember this one guy telling me he had this oil called "Obama" that he got many compliments on. He gave me a sample, and I knew I had smelled that fragrance before, but I just couldn't recall what the fragrance was. Finally it came to me: LeMale! So I called him out on it the next time I saw him, and he was like ya know what...that IS what it smells like! Funny thing though, is that I recall that oil smelling a good deal like Reflection. But like I said, LeMale on others is different than what I get on my skin and on paper.

LeMale is a fine fragrance in its own right, I must say. I like LeMale a lot, but would never own it. Too many others wear it. Reflection on the other hand...nah. Only real fragrance heads know about it.

I have tried Memoir at a fragrance store, but didn't spend a lot of time with it, so I can't really speak on it. Epic, I still have a sample of. Not too fond of it. Potent stuff though. Jubilation, initially, did nothing for me. I went through a ml of it, and it never grew on me. Then, when I bought Reflection, I was given a bigger sample of it, which I used here and there around the house and sometimes going out. Let me tell you...that sucka grew on me like you wouldn't believe! lol Especially when I discovered that it layered nicely with Joop PH. I would do one spray of Joop to the chest, and 1 spray of Jubilation over it, and everywhere else was Jubilation. That combination right there worked WONDERS! I swear by it! Maybe one day, I'll get a full bottle of Jubilation and continue with the layering combo.

I'd say even more about this frag but I think I've written enough praise about it here on BN to fill a small book. Love this scent. Still my #1 since I first sniffed it over 2 years ago. The moment I first smelled it was truly magical - I was blown away as I never have been since. Satori.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Le Male x Reflection

Le Male Synthetic, cheap, and almost everybody in the planet earth has it, or has had it
    Reflection = Elegance, Top Raw Materials, Classy.

Just applied my sample of this and it gets a definite thumbs up from me. The first frag from the Amouage line that I have liked. It smells very light, fresh and classy. Straight into my top five.