Code of Conduct

Default Similar to Versace L'Homme?

Given the disappointing reformulations undergone by Versace L'Homme, and the difficulty in identifying each version before online purchase, I am wondering if there are other similar frags that might be worth trying in its stead?

I have looked at Capucci Pour Homme, which would appear to share many similarities - any views on whether this lives up to Versace??? Any other recommendatiosn for similar scents - all gratefully received.

Default Re: Similar to Versace L'Homme?

The original Dunhill may be worth trying, but might be no easier to find than vintage L'Homme...

Cotton Club by J.A. but also hard to come by.

I find after dyrdown, Santos de Cartier Concentre somewhat similar. It's a bit dryer.

To me they both have a sandalwood/patchouli kind of vibe.

More than Capucci, Versace l'Homme is similar to Egoiste de Chanel (not "Platinum")

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    More than Capucci, Versace l'Homme is similar to Egoiste de Chanel (not "Platinum")
    Yeah -- it is a bit -- less dark though. I've only got about 30ml left of the original - it'a a real shame they have tampered with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy97 View Post
    Given the disappointing reformulations undergone by Versace L'Homme, and the difficulty in identifying each version before online purchase, I am wondering if there are other similar frags that might be worth trying in its stead?

I have looked at Capucci Pour Homme, which would appear to share many similarities - any views on whether this lives up to Versace??? Any other recommendatiosn for similar scents - all gratefully received.
    I have vintage & reformulated Versace L' Homme and there isn't that much difference IMO. The vintage is a little richer out of the chute but that is it. After 15 mins. there is no difference if that. That said, Capucci Pour Homme, which I have as well, smells almost exactly like Versace L' Homme, or rather vice versa since it came out in 1967 and the Versace in 1984.

Really, the reformulations of Versace L'Homme have not been all that bad. In fact, compared to many others , the original theme has been kept in focus with just a tweak or two to some aspects of one of my favorite fragrances. The vintage version is still surprisingly easy to find in the marketplace and at prices not commanding a kings ransom.