Code of Conduct

Default Did You ever ...

... purchase a CREED? No, just kidding. Is there any reason to match Your frag with that of Your girlfriend? Especially considering the fact that women are expected to smell - well - of flowers/vanilla and the like.

Default Re: Did You ever ...

I have never thought of matching what I wear with what my wife wears. We both have very different tastes.

I would keep my individuality instead, as, that might be exactly the reason, why your girlfriend, has became your girlfriend,...
    Where what you like, that is it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    There's a caveat: some smells won't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    I would keep my individuality instead, as, that might be exactly the reason, why your girlfriend, has became your girlfriend,...
    Words to live by.

I don't. I may not be in the mood to wear a perfume that compliments what she has on.
    for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

My wife and I sometimes coordinate our dress, and sometimes scents as well. Often it's just the same house. Most of the time, no. But when we do, it's mostly a mutual exercise in fashion, which we find fun.

My Wife and I will be mariied 32 years in December/2011.....We have never tried to match fragrances!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    My Wife and I will be mariied 32 years in December/2011.....We have never tried to match fragrances!
    Gary

That's why your marriage DID last 32 years!

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    ... Is there any reason to match Your frag with that of Your girlfriend?
    That's too contrived for me, but I liked playing around with this kind of thing (for a few minutes)

See list in the middle of the page:

http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...s-eternal.html

She wears Hypnose, I wear Kouros

Waitasec...there's a country song in there!

My wife's made a few requests when we go out. For some reason she really dislikes Virgin Island Water and all it takes is for me to spray a tiny bit and she's complaining about it. Just out of spite I'll wear something really harsh like A*men and lots of it.

Especially considering the fact that women are expected to smell - well - of flowers/vanilla and the like.
    Them's fightin' words.

... Is there any reason to match Your frag with that of Your girlfriend?
    No, there's no reason. However, given hard-core male BNers wear women's fragrances, this seems more likely than not. If we go away for a weekend my gf and I will often both wear Zen, because we both own it.

Nah. But there was a time I dated on a woman wo loved Issey and wore it all the time. She wanted me to wear the male Issey all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Nah. But there was a time I dated on a woman wo loved Issey and wore it all the time. She wanted me to wear the male Issey all the time.
    So, did it match HER perfume? Kind of the same situation here:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...und-a-new-girl

How to avoid the conclusion that wearing one particular perfume for yourself spoils the joys with nearly any other scent around? Alas, this applies most to the person You are close with.

Any advice appreciated, thank You in advance!

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Why the hell not? But not in the ABC pour homme & ABC pour femme manner. It could make for an interesting layering experiment. Think about it. You usually smell good on your own but whenever you're together, the both of you smell AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Why the hell not? But not in the ABC pour homme & ABC pour femme manner. It could make for an interesting layering experiment. Think about it. You usually smell good on your own but whenever you're together, the both of you smell AWESOME!
    Yeah, that is what I think. Not only that the fragrance on Your partner (in principle any sex accepted except a goat) alters the perception of Your scent by Yourself and the other way round. Too the surrounding would receive some kind of a mixture of both frags in ever changing proportions.

Is the fragrance lover a lonely man who does not take in consideration fragrance related 'needs' of others, namely wearing their own? From elevators and other occasions of public transport You know the issue. A cacophony of fragrances which comes out just cloyingly bad.

Idea: have a set of frags that match each other. Bring it out to market. Then Joe and Mary will be be sure that their frags won't kill each other. Same in the elevator with Mr. X and his dog meeting The Boss. It's quite the opposite to an expanding 'niche' marketing - everybody in his own small mold. Otherwise - think of everyone on the world wearing some kind of niche aroma. Terrific indeed!

No, so far neither my dates nor my female acquaintances in general ever wore matching frags nor demanded from me to wear matching frags (nor have I ever asked any of them to do the same) and so far, it was OK

So, did it match HER perfume? Kind of the same situation here:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...und-a-new-girl

How to avoid the conclusion that wearing one particular perfume for yourself spoils the joys with nearly any other scent around? Alas, this applies most to the person You are close with.

Any advice appreciated, thank You in advance!
    They were very similar. The woman's Issey is lighter and fresher. It was neither positive or negative. I had just gotten a bit bored with wearing Issey. I liked it on her though. It fit her.