• Gucci Envy

6 40.00%
  • Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue

0 0%
  • Givenchy Amarige

7 46.67%
  • Versace Versace (2007) (gold bottle)

2 13.33%

Default Help me,it is for a birthday gift!

In a few weeks its my mother birthday and i really want to gift a fragrance, But I can only base on the fragrance of Elige by Mary Kay That she loves,they might say to me similar to theses four fragrances.

so help me and pick one

Thank you very much.

Default Re: Help me,it is for a birthday gift!

I voted for Versace. I have that one and wear it year-round. It was a gift from a fraggie friend who was moving it on, or I would never have thought of trying it for myself. It's a pretty fragrance, inoffensive to others, works for all occasions, smells like good quality, and I have even received a compliment or two on it, though I rarely receive compliments on fragrances. Whatever you choose, I'm sure your mom will love it because it came from you!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I voted for Versace. I have that one and wear it year-round. It was a gift from a fraggie friend who was moving it on, or I would never have thought of trying it for myself. It's a pretty fragrance, inoffensive to others, works for all occasions, smells like good quality, and I have even received a compliment or two on it, though I rarely receive compliments on fragrances. Whatever you choose, I'm sure your mom will love it because it came from you!
    but the Versace one have a great silliage and longevity??,because my mom hates the fragances that dont leats in her skin.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letiarisol View Post
    but the Versace one have a great silliage and longevity??,because my mom hates the fragances that dont leats in her skin.
    Amarige is the strongest frag for women! Period!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Amarige is the strongest frag for women! Period!
    Yes,its true but,i think this is more for winter and in my opinion it would be best for any season and occasion...

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Yes,its true but,i think this is more for winter and in my opinion it would be best for any season and occasion...
    Hmm ... that is a very contradicting statement!

:O Envy gets 2 votes,mmmm i liked this but i dont know...,Amarige have 2 too

From your list, my personal favorite would be Gucci Envy -- green lily of the valley and jasmine fragrance.

However, for your mom -- and as based on her preferences (Freesia -- peony - Lily - ylang-ylang -- toberose -- cedarwood -- patchouli -- orris = main notes of Elige acc. to F-site) -- my choice will be Givenchy Amarige used with a light hand. It is quite universal and floral, very recognizable and unforgettable. On the negative side, it is very recognizable so that your mom might not feel quite unique. It also contains copious amounts of tuberose and it is almost always a love-hate note.

Please try to get her samples of each and let her decide.

Out of the ones not listed, how about Donna Karan Gold or Badgley Mischka?

I agreed with Le Grand Duc, and Amarige a winter's Scent??? I don't think so, have you consider the notes? I would say Amarige is a huge, beautiful flower bouquet.
    Winter's Scents are more gourmand, warm etc

Amarige Notes are:

- Top Notes : Orange Blossom,Plum,Mandarin Orange,Violet,Peach,Neroli,Brazilian Rosewood;
    - Middle Notes : Red Berries, Mimose, Carnation, Black locust, Tuberose, Black Currant, Gardenia, Cassia, Orchid, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Rose;
    - Base Notes: Saldalwood, Tonka Bean, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Cedar

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    From your list, my personal favorite would be Gucci Envy -- green lily of the valley and jasmine fragrance.

However, for your mom -- and as based on her preferences (Freesia -- peony - Lily - ylang-ylang -- toberose -- cedarwood -- patchouli -- orris = main notes of Elige acc. to F-site) -- my choice will be Givenchy Amarige used with a light hand. It is quite universal and floral, very recognizable and unforgettable. On the negative side, it is very recognizable so that your mom might not feel quite unique. It also contains copious amounts of tuberose and it is almost always a love-hate note.
    i agree with you,Envy its a great fragance and its very versatile,for many ocassions,any season,any age,the only problem for me its if leats in my mom's skin in the same way that she really like.

but do you think that Amarige smells exactly than Elige?,because i never smelled Amarige..

They are quite different with Amarige being better, bigger, stronger and more expensive. Please do yourself a favor and go on a sniffing expedition to sniff Amarige. Please use one or two sprays on the blotter, no more.

It's long lasting, but it's not a powerhouse, not big in sillage. It dries down soft.

Gucci Envy would be my 2nd choice. It makes more of a statement. But now I'm thinking I need to try Amarige myself, lol!

Blog Entries

Excuse me for asking, but what does "leats" mean? Do you mean your mom wants great sillage & longevity, or does she want something softer?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Sur la Plage

Amarige is the way to go.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Excuse me for asking, but what does "leats" mean? Do you mean your mom wants great sillage & longevity, or does she want something softer?
    I think "leats" = "last". Yes, longevity is what he is after. Are we right about that, Letiarisol?

Envy

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Omggg what a hard choice,but i think envy have less silliage and longevity than amarige

What a hard choice,i like more envy but amarige hace more silliage and longevity