Code of Conduct

Default Pure Havane Discontinuing?!?!

I have found some evidence that may suggest that Thierry Mugler has already taken its initial steps to discontinuing Pure Havane:

1). Thierry Mugler has taken down Pure Havane from their online Boutique

2). No additional shipments of Pure Havane will be brought into department stores ie: Macy's Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue

3). At least half (or more) of the department stores have already sold out

*2 & 3 got my sources from several SA from Nordstrom and Macy's

Anyone want to elaborate on this?

Default Re: Pure Havane Discontinuing?!?!

It's a limited edition release for 2011. What did you expect?

Snap it up while you can.
    It's great.
    Hands down the best yet of the A*Men line.
    But of note...I've gotten more comments from dudes wanting to know what it was than from girls.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I was expecting Pure Havane to be available for purchasing through end of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I was expecting Pure Havane to be available for purchasing through end of 2011.
    None of the "Pures" have been available for more then 4-5 months from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabel View Post
    None of the "Pures" have been available for more then 4-5 months from what I've seen.
    Exactly when were Pure Coffee and Pure Malt released and discontinued?

The worst thing about that, it's that it seems to be a limited edition for USA. Here in Spain it never arrived! Grrrr

Lol. It was available online here just for 1 month. I didnt expect anything else from Muglers. It seems that they are releasing this stuff just for collectors and ebayers.
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

I will persuade the customer services of my local fragrance boutique, as well as of the online fragrance retailers I usually buy from to transmit my suggestion of stocking up Pure Havane to their management

Though, the house of Mugler could adopt a policy, should the profitability, the return of investment of Pure Havane justify this, to do what certain other designer and niche houses did, discontinue now- re-release later

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I will persuade the customer services of my local fragrance boutique, as well as of the online fragrance retailers I usually buy from to transmit my suggestion of stocking up Pure Havane to their management

Though, the house of Mugler could adopt a policy, should the profitability, the return of investment of Pure Havane justify this, to do what certain other designer and niche houses did, discontinue now- re-release later
    How about re-releasing Pure Malt and Pure Coffee, they'd be bringing in profit guarantee.

Might still find some fleeting ones available at some online retailers or on Ebay.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Expect to find it on Fragrance.net and similar places throughout 2012. I'd get worried in 2013 or so. ;-)

If it's a limited edition should't it be avalable while supply last?
    It shouldn't have nothing to do with how many years or months, or a certain date to be taken out of the shelves. Once they run out, its gone. Right?

I'll stick to wearing New Haarlem and buying Mugler fragrances for the sole purpose of buying and selling.

If you read the basenotes news the are making way for the next set of limited editions for this fall

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    If you read the basenotes news the are making way for the next set of limited editions for this fall
    I'm wondering if they'll go through the whole line and do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Pretty much sums it up right there. My guess would be that they perfectly time the discontinuation of one limited release with the news of the next limited release so as to create frenzy for the new one.

Where did you find this?

Where did you find this?

Sur la Plage

I am just glad I got my bottle - and from the better first batch.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I thought I was going to be really disappointed with this fragrance, but it grew on me and I ended up liking this fragrance a lot!

I'm sorry to be such a grinch but given the fact that it's close to impossible to obtain here in Germany without ordering blind and from overseas I'l be thankful for every bit of LESS talk about it.

It's too hard to stay strong if stuff is so hyped here
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    I'm sorry to be such a grinch but given the fact that it's close to impossible to obtain here in Germany without ordering blind and from overseas I'l be thankful for every bit of LESS talk about it.

It's too hard to stay strong if stuff is so hyped here
    Hey man I'd recommend blind buying it now since it's going to be hard to get later on. If you don't like it you can put up for swap or sell it. I'm sure there would be a lot of people out there who will be desperate to getting a bottle like six months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am just glad I got my bottle - and from the better first batch.
    Exactly!

Not to mention the concentrated EdP version...

I was talking to a SA at Macy's the other day and he said that they only received 6 bottles of Pure Havane--all of which sold within 1 month. That was apparently puzzling to him because he says he usually gets around 30 units of a limited edition frag.
    Time to musk up.

UPDATE: Nordstrom, Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue have taken Pure Havane down from online ordering website. That just leaves Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales.

As people have said it's a Limited Edition and they are launching new limited editions so they are likely removing it to make room for them. The new A*MEN limited edition is based on an addition of (unofficially) Tabasco sauce - more info here

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As people have said it's a Limited Edition and they are launching new limited editions so they are likely removing it to make room for them. The new A*MEN limited edition is based on an addition of (unofficially) Tabasco sauce - more info here
    GTFOH

And I mean that both ways.
    1. that idea should be chopped.
    2. Here is your basket: Octopus, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and asparagus...GO !!

Seriously ? Fermented hot peppers and vinegar ? Mixed with chocolate, vanilla, tar, and patchouli ?

Blog Entries

^ ever had chili chocolate?

It'll work somehow, Mugler knows what they're doing

As for Pure Havane being discontinued...its a limited edition and was bound to happen. Good thing I got mine awhile ago. I don't even wear it, it's pretty mediocre. I WILL be selling it for a nice profit

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    UPDATE: Nordstrom, Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue have taken Pure Havane down from online ordering website. That just leaves Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales.
    UPDATE to your UPDATE: Lord & Taylor also had some, and I ordered 2 bottles Friday. As of this morning they are out of stock along with Nieman Marcus. The only retailer online that I can find that has any in stock is Bloomingdales.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    ^ ever had chili chocolate?

It'll work somehow, Mugler knows what they're doing
    Yes, it's a strange taste, but on certain days, a little of those conflicting flavors is cool. And right, I know it'll be done without vinegar lol, and the hot pepper notes will probably be texturally dry and well done. But I can already imagine this one won't be for me. Most of that response was hyperbole

A*Men Tabasco will probably be one of the ones that I don't like (Ice*Men, B*Men, Sunessence), as I've always HATED chili or cumin notes in fragrances. Something goes wrong with my skin chemistry and it comes off as BO or Indian food. Yuck!

Let's give A*MEN chilli a chance, who knows maybe it might be huge seller.

The chili note in bond saks for him is quite interesting. Though that is more of an incense fragrance, I'm interested to see how they utilize it here with he amen formula. Hopefully its not some very faint note that's hard to detect, which is my only gripe about PH in that the tobacco wasn't as prominent as I'd hoped for, despite it still being a very nice fragrance. The box sure looks interesting, there are pics in the comment section of grants article on the bn homepage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    LOL (but good advice)

One of my Macy's had 4 bottles left - three of those appeared to be returns (missing cellophane and sliced or re-stuck stickers), and some damn redneck in a ball-cap walked out with the other one. Nordstrom was zeroed out.

We're down to the dregs, boys. Get 'em while you can.

As for the chili version - I know that Tabasco Slim Jims and Tabasco Kikkoman soy sauce are extremely awesome. If you think about it, it's just a different version of pepper in fragrance. Potentially cool. They clearly got this past the initial tests, so it must work at least reasonably well.

I just passed through London Heathrow Terminal 5 and the shop there had lots of bottles of Pure Havane.

UPDATE: I checked the Neiman Marcus website, Pure Havane is back in stock. Bloomingdales still carries Pure Havane as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Somebody get this guy outta here!

Don't panic, if you really want it call the Macy's at Warwick RI. They have a lot. Free shipping too since the order will be 87 straight. This of course is for us US'ers.

mmm i was planning on buying this one soon , i think I've got to hurry ... i like the tobacco note in this one , i wish it had that tobacco note in the dry down 2 because all i can smell in the dry down is vanilla!

Not much tobacco for me either. It doesn't smell bad, it's quite good indeed, but i was looking for some tobacco and couldn't find it. And it's too sweet for my tastes too.

Quote Originally Posted by migjurado View Post
    The worst thing about that, it's that it seems to be a limited edition for USA. Here in Spain it never arrived! Grrrr
    Actually it was supossed to arrive in Spain this month, but it is not available everywhere. You can find it at any 'Julia' perfume-shop. In fact 'Julia' is an Andorran Company supplied from there where perfumes arrive earlier in their release. Even ocasionally they have very interesting discounts so you can find it for 50 euros. Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna_May View Post
    Actually it was supossed to arrive in Spain this month, but it is not available everywhere. You can find it at any 'Julia' perfume-shop. In fact 'Julia' is an Andorran Company supplied from there where perfumes arrive earlier in their release. Even ocasionally they have very interesting discounts so you can find it for 50 euros. Good luck!!!
    I finally found it in Barajas Airport. I liked it very much, and now I am waiting for cold weather for a full wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by migjurado View Post
    I finally found it in Barajas Airport. I liked it very much, and now I am waiting for cold weather for a full wearing.
    Congratulations!!!!

Yes, probably easy to find at dutyfree shops at airports. Everything is posible, even production stopped before arriving here (Spain)at regular shops, so it is not bad idea to take a look at 'Julia' if someone wants to find it easily available or any backup bottle.

Regards!

I actually bought a bottle at the Barajas "duty free" as early as May (!).
    In Heathrow, I saw it on discount in April, but I passed up the chance (stupid, stupid).
    I find it the best of the A*Men flankers, it's delicious and not cloying as Pure Malt can be during the top notes. I love the cherry notes.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I actually bought a bottle at the Barajas "duty free" as early as May (!).
    early indeed!
    I have flown many times during this year but no idea it can be found at Spanish Airport dutyfree shops...

Many A*Men flankers fans awaiting for it at regular shops yet!!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna_May View Post
    early indeed!
    I have flown many times during this year but no idea it can be found at Spanish Airport dutyfree shops...

Many A*Men flankers fans awaiting for it at regular shops yet!!!!...
    I always look for such things in duty frees, as I know the Spanish high street is totally disappointing when it comes to new releases, flankers, etc. I feel that we are pretty left behind in regards to perfumery. Even El Corte Inglés, which should be the better stocked shop, is laughable at least. Not to mention the prices there once the release gets there. Whenever I ask an SA, she doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about (one Guerlain SA even almost laughed in my face when I asked her if they had Bois d'Arménie... "that one is not a Guerlain", she insisted, LOL).

OFF TOPIC

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I always look for such things in duty frees, as I know the Spanish high street is totally disappointing when it comes to new releases, flankers, etc. I feel that we are pretty left behind in regards to perfumery. Even El Corte Inglés, which should be the better stocked shop, is laughable at least. Not to mention the prices there once the release gets there. Whenever I ask an SA, she doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about (one Guerlain SA even almost laughed in my face when I asked her if they had Bois d'Arménie... "that one is not a Guerlain", she insisted, LOL).
    I smile myself while reading your quoted post in so far as I have suffered 'El Corte Inglés' Guerlain SAs when asking for something so supossed very well known as 'Nahema'. They also ignore what a 'Habit de Fète' is... LOL x 2!!!!
    Recently I asked for Pure Havane at ECI Clarins SA and she knew nothing about this release, but ... she also ignored entirely previous A*Men flankers and was thinking I was kidding her...

I agree every letter at your post!!!

regards!