Code of Conduct

Default What perfume do you wear most often?

I saw this topic on the men's forum and I had to post it here. I hope it hasn't been on already.

I don't mean a perfume that's your "signature" necessarily. Just the one that you find that you use up most quickly at the minute and you "go to" a lot.

Mine is Allure. It's so versatile and classy.

Default Re: What perfume do you wear most often?

Most recently, Pink Sugar and AG Musc Nomade (checking my stats) were my most worn. That was for 2nd quarter of the year. So far this month, I've worn Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia the most. The past couple of years, my go-to has been Pure White Linen by Estee Lauder. I haven't worn it as much lately, however. Estee Lauder as a house has been my most worn over the past few years. Chanel is coming up nose to nose lately. Annick Goutal follows that.

Blog Entries

Anything that smells like BO, it seems. I cannot get enough musc oil these days, I am wearing NR Musc for Her oil non-stop, and now that I have Musc Ravageur ( huile a toute faire) oil I can see myself going through bottles of that....plus VW Boudoir EDP
    Plus, I want to get Ava Luxe's Love's True Bluish light perfume oil...or another oil from her....great question
    Last edited by Fleurine; 11th July 2011 at 12:23 AM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Basenotes Institution

Chanel No 5 for me especially the Eau Premiere .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Central Park by Bond No.9
    Gary

Over the years I have gone through more bottles of Jicky pdt than any other fragrance I own. I always made sure I had a spare bottle long before I used up the old one. Funny I haven't worn Jicky for ages.
    DONNA

Use up? Use up? Inconceivable. I will never use up a full bottle as long as I live; I have too many bottles and I rarely wear more than three sprays.

But I wear Parfumerie Generale L'Eau Rare Matale most often.

I have gone through several 100ml bottles of NR for her, both in the EdP and the EdT. I posit this is because I get acclimatised to the scent too quickly sometimes and feel like it has faded after 2 hours, so I end up spritzing more. When I stop using the scents for awhile, I am able to recognise that they are still on my skin after more than 2 hours.

Not recently in the past 2 or 3 months, but, yes, Tabac Blond. I'm not saying how many mls I have worked up....

Noa is one of my favourite 'go to' scents, since it seems to suit most occasions and seasons. Worn Calamity J quite a bit recently also. Nowhere near finishing either bottle though - too many other scents to choose from, and very rare for me to wear the same scent more than a couple of days in a row. I'm also quite conservative with the sprays.

[QUOTE=ChickenFreak;2222790]Use up? Use up? Inconceivable. I will never use up a full bottle as long as I live; I have too many bottles and I rarely wear more than three sprays.

I do know what you mean: I too have a lot of seemingly never-ending bottles that I don't use much, probably because I get stuck in a groove.

Somebody mentioned Jicky and I've always meant to try that one since it appears to be iconic but I have yet to get around to it. I guess I'm just lazy. I'm better at doing waiting lists than taking action.

I have a few fragrances that I've worn consistently for at least twenty years and I still wear frequently no matter what the season. They are K de Krizia and La Perla by La Perla - perfectly gorgeous and elegant floral-chypres that always seem suitable, and are still available and affordable (my list would be longer were it not for discontinuations.) Dune and Chamade are generally a part of my regular rotation, but I treat them a bit more seasonally. And I would have included Coco but I semi-retired it after wearing it for my wedding.

A few others have become absolute staples more recently; Chanel Coromandel and L'Instant de Guerlain seem to have found a few spaces to fill that a dry chypre just can't. And my most recently added go-to fragrance is Lady Vengeance - very beautiful and very versatile. I look forward to each of these being in my wardrobe for a long time.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I seem to wear two more often than the others, year-round: L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger and Creed FdTRB.

Now that it's quite warm out I also seem to reach for my various citrus or verbena fragrances often.

People's Wardrobe statistics might be helpful, sometimes -- however -- I do not bother clicking on my SotD or other times database is not easily available. That said, I reach most often for Jean Couturier Coriandre and Torrente L'Or. This summer's favorites are Maison Berdoues Violettes de Toulouse EdP and Aqua di Parma Blue Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi, both from the same Basenotes' angel.

Without checking my stats I would probably say Samsara, Mitsouko, #19 and L'ombre dans l'eau lately. Also Tam Dao, Feminite du bois,Dolce Vita ,Coco, Chergui and Jicky I think.

I use lots of Bandit, Alien and Tocade all year round

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I've been wearing Dior's Escale aux Marquises
    alot this summer. Unfortunately, it's not in the
    directory.
    I've been wearing Tonka Impériale 16 times this
    summer, so, it'll enter my stats below very soon.

According to the directory/wardrobe,
    my most worn are as follows:

Poison by Christian Dior (56)
    Dioressence by Christian Dior (40)
    N°19 by Chanel (21)
    Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior (20)
    N°5 by Chanel (20)
    Angel by Thierry Mugler (20)
    Egoiste / L'Egoiste by Chanel (19)
    Coromandel by Chanel (19)
    Antaeus by Chanel (17)
    N°22 by Chanel (17)

It's not very accurate, though, for example;
    I haven't worn Angel since the 13th of January.

Shalimar for me,year round,though I certainly reach for some lighter scents in hot weather.And constant samples,I'm hardly making a dent in my FBs because of sampling!
    The nose wants what it wants!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

"Most often" is one I never post as SotD because it's my bedtime scent: Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily.

It's really peculiar, now that you've got me thinking about this, angelofthenorth. I've worn 85 different scents during the day thus far this year, but pretty much just one when the sun goes down.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

During the day, I've been wearing Bel Respiro a lot, and Un Jardin sur le Toit (from a sample, and it's really grown on me - ooops, sorry no pun intended) and Kelly Caleche. At bedtime, pretty much always Cuir de Russie.

"You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Encens et Lavande
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

My most worn, and most beloved, is Chanel Bois des Iles. But right up there in frequency is Eau de Lalique for it's ease of wear. I wear it certainly in the summer, but also in winter. It seems to stand up alright in cooler weather.
    Chanel Coromandel is also a frequent flyer, but not too much in the hottest months. It's a 9 month out of the year one for me, as it just seems too much when when it gets above 90 degrees, although I could and do occasionally wear it to work in the summer.
    Chanel 31 rue Cambon will get there too, but my bottle is fairly new to me so my stats don't reflect that yet.

Right off the bat, I would have to say Samsara, Coco Mademoiselle and probably Lolita (by the way, won't be wearing this one so much anymore because after being almost on my 2nd or 3rd bottle, my husband told me this weekend that he hates it and finds it nauseating!!!! Guess, I'll wear it when I'm not around him)
    By the way, Cello, love your avatar. I love taking pictures of doors.
    Tigrushka, I have not been around the forum much, too busy, but did want to tell you I visited Helsinki last month while on a Baltic cruise. We had a nice tour of your city although it was rainy. Loved the Market Square and all the goodies there.

L'Artisan Parfumer's La Haie Fleurie du Hameau! I go through it like mad no matter the time of year! It has been my 'go to' for years!
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal." -- Mason Albert Pike from "Ex Corde Locutiones"

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

TeddyMaude, Welcome to Basenotes!

I put on Iris Poudre body butter on my hands and forearms every night when I go to bed, so that is my most worn scent. (the scent in the body butter is as luscious and rich as the actual edp)

That's right - I forgot to mention Teint de Neige! It's been my usual bedtime fragrance for about five years now so I think I must take it for granted. I never even record it in the database since I put it on right before bed and am in something else by the time I log on in the morning.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Tabac Blond by Caron (68)
    No. 22 by Chanel (39)
    Kelly Caleche by Hermes (28)
    No. 5 Eau Première by Chanel (28)
    Alien by Thierry Mugler (24)
    Le'a by Saffron James Parfums (23)
    Private Collection Amber Ylang-Ylang by Estée Lauder (17)
    Fracas by Robert Piguet (16)
    Chance by Chanel (14)
    Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior (14)

Those are my sotd stats. I haven't recorded in almost a month, though, so Tabac Blond and Kelly Caleche both have higher numbers.
    KC is so high because I rotate it and only two or three others during summer; No.22 would be higher if a certain coworker hadn't reacted poorly to it (but he's leaving at the end of the summer.. tee hee hee .) TB is just freakin' awesome.

I often reach for Bulgari Omnia or Cacharel's Noa when I just want to
    feel good.
    I also apply Douceur de Vanille, Escale a Portofino, Fragonard's beautiful
    Fleur d'Oranger or Yves Rocher's Comme Une Evidence edt more and more
    these days. They are my habituals.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

ChristianDiorEauNoire
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 21st July 2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: deeply concerned citizen

Currently Malle Iris Poudre and Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee. Recently Guerlain Bois d'Armenie. Once upon a time at various points Angelique Encens, Mitsouko, or Ambre Sultan.