Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain L'Instant PH v L'Instant PH Extreme

I have L'Instant Extreme EDP. Is L'Instant EDT different enough from what I have to own both?
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Default Re: Guerlain L'Instant PH v L'Instant PH Extreme

They are definitely different enough.

I owned L'Instant and did not like it, but I love the Extreme.

The EDT has a much brighter and stronger citrus opening (which is very nice) which remains for about half an hour then settles in. Also, the cocoa is very, very faint, but the woods are proportionately equal in their presence.

Maybe L'Instant EDT just dies on my skin or there are some notes I have trouble smelling, but to me it is a very subtle and weak scent that does not offer much other than the really nice lemony citrus at the beginning.

The extreme is deeper and richer and, IMO, the cocoa is done the way that it should be.

I'd recommend sampling it first.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 11th July 2011 at 02:39 AM.

Sur la Plage

I bought the EDT, then bought the EDP, then sold the EDT. I personally did not see a reason to own both.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

the EDT smells more aromatic and lighter compared to the EDP. The EDP has more intense cocoa but the sandalwood has been toned down to none. Many notes in the EDT is also missing from the EDP: the citrus, elemi and lapsang souchong is toned down or removed as i cant detect at all so if you're after those notes....
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

Blog Entries

I own both and I'm happy to have them. Love the EDT; love the EDP even more. Which one I crave more varies, and I like having the choice. If you're a minimal wardrobe guy, I'd say the EDP or whichever wins your sampling. If you have a big tent for frags, they're both keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I own both and I'm happy to have them.
    Same here.

I have both. Sometimes layer them.

They are different enough to own IMO, but they are pretty close.

Busyblind above pretty succinctly laid out the differences. If I had gotten the EdP first, I probably would not have gotten the EdT.

EDT for the extended topnotes and sharper mids, milder base. EDP for a version that gets down to the basenotes quickly with more power once its there. I wear the EDT regularly in the summer and layer the EDP with it often during other times of the year. The EDT gives you 4.2 ounces for less money than the cost of the 2.5 oz EDP. They both last a long time on me for overall presence... Just a different emphasis of the same notes. I had the EDP first and found myself wanting the topnotes to last longer so I grabbed the EDT. I think it is worth owning both.

They are very similiar except the EDP has stronger citrus and Cocoa notes. I get 6-8 hours from the EDT and over 10 hours with the EDP. Both get lots of compliments as well. I like the brighter citrus found in the EDT, so IMO it's worth owning both...

I bought EDP first, and love it from top to base, especially on the dry down. Then i blind bought the EDT, hoping it will do the same as EDP and it be much lighter..

But i was wrong, it's very different beast.. EDT is way to floral and very little cocoa.. I'm prefer the Cristaux d'Agrumes more than the original EDT. It's have very soft citrus opening and the dry down remind me a lots of EDP..

I don't own them, but sampled them recently, and I find the EDP more interesting, although on my skin the base notes are suspiciously similar to A*Men, with a sort of boozy feel. I must admit I'm not really fond of any of them, especially the EDT. Coming to the question, I think only the EDP is worthy, I don't see the point of owning both versions.
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I have the EDP and this question is what I wondered for a while until I tried the EDT and found it to citrusy on top and the cocoa much weaker. I did not want to purchase a lesser version of what I already have.

If you are looking for a fragrance along the same lines then Dior Homme Intense is well worth checking out. It's a cocoa, vanille and iris combo and is more smoother and has a sexier vibe. And that lipstick note from the original is way toned down and drowned out by the chocolate/cocoa note. Damn good stuff.

http://www.guerlain.com/int/en/base....me-eau-de.html
    this one is the extreme version? I remember that the bottle for the L'instant Extreme used to have the word extreme on it but it seems that this is not the case anymore. So is the L'instant Extreme the same one with L'instant EDP?

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo View Post
    http://www.guerlain.com/int/en/base....me-eau-de.html
    this one is the extreme version? I remember that the bottle for the L'instant Extreme used to have the word extreme on it but it seems that this is not the case anymore. So is the L'instant Extreme the same one with L'instant EDP?
    yep! no extreme on bottle.

black based bottle = edp = extreme = godlike

Guerlain website dont list L'Instant EDT, only EDP and after shave. Do this mean something?

No reason to own both.