Code of Conduct

Default CREED silver mountain water at home?

I am one of the misguided few that adores Silver Mountain Water. However, I have never found the right occasion to actually use it. It's a bit strong for work/class, and a bit obscure for mainstream evenings.

Recently, I just applied one spray in the evening after work. It was quite nice.

I am unsure about others, but it's rare for me to apply a fragrance without going out -- especially a creed. I feel like I am wasting my creed but it's the best purpose I've found for Silver Mountain Water.

Anyone else do this before? Perhaps others have found a more appropriate use for SMW?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: CREED silver mountain water at home?

I find it works nicely in an office since it isn't imposing on co-workers. Also, since you like smelling it at home, you could always forego the EdP next time around and pick up the scented candle.

Banned

I don't wear fragrance specifically for an occasion or others, but firstly myself. If you enjoy the fragrance at home, then wear it at home.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if it's OK to wear Creeds when going out? How would that be a waste of a Creed? You get the enjoy it, and so does everyone you're with!

Or are you asking if SMW specifically is a good scent for going out? If so, yes, why not? I think it's a universally attractive scent.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolinist View Post
    I find it works nicely in an office since it isn't imposing on co-workers.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolinist View Post
    I find it works nicely in an office since it isn't imposing on co-workers.
    I think it definitely makes it's presence known to co-workers, as it's amongst the most radiant of fresh scents, but it's never heavy or offensive, just bright and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowe46 View Post
    I am one of the misguided few that adores Silver Mountain Water. However, I have never found the right occasion to actually use it. It's a bit strong for work/class, and a bit obscure for mainstream evenings.

Recently, I just applied one spray in the evening after work. It was quite nice.

I am unsure about others, but it's rare for me to apply a fragrance without going out -- especially a creed. I feel like I am wasting my creed but it's the best purpose I've found for Silver Mountain Water.

Anyone else do this before? Perhaps others have found a more appropriate use for SMW?
    You're not "misguided" at all for liking this. Many love it, as do I (one of my favorites actually).

I actually think the opposite - I find that it's extremely versatile. Very easy for work, class or casual, although I would probably go easy on the former two.

I often use Bois de Cedrat or Eau d'Orange Verte Concentree at home, even if I'm staying in. They just make me happy. Oh, and add me to those who think SMW is fine for work -- just don't overapply.

SMV is my signature scent, and as others have said, totally non-offensive and very versatile. I do one full spray to the chest. Nice stuff.

I always reach for it on sunny weekend mornings in the winter when I go outside for a walk. No idea why though.

For me wearing a CREED at home would be a bit of a waste. I think it's probably because I'm on a students budget though.

Also, SMW is fine for anywhere, I found it comparatively weaker than most of the newer millesimes.

I wear SMW in any setting without any problem or concern. It's an excellent fragrance, IMO. If your concern is about whether to wear it at home alone, I'd say wear it whenever and wherever you like. Some people wear certain fragrances only to impress others; I'm not one of them.

AromiErotici

SMW is a nice scent. Wear it anywhere and anytime. I wear scent around the house everyday and on any given day it could be an impossible to find or a budget frag.

Be happy and wear juice for yourself. It's never a waste if smelling great does it for you.

Your not misguided. SMW is one of the most popular Creed fragrances and for good reason. Personally I like it better that GIT and MI and I don't think twice about saying it. As far as where and when...I don't think there isn't a time or place where you can't wear this. It gets tons of compliments so yeah it's a winner!

If I am out trolling for compliments I will bust this one out, but since it is such a great smelling scent, why not enjoy it in the comforts of your own home all to yourself? Alot of the time wearing fragrances is all about wearing it for oneself so why not really treat yourself and enjoy our hobby wearing this one.

I find I wear this one to work on casual Fridays alot. Part of the charm of Silver Mountain Water is it can be worn any place at any time. It's bright & effervescent. A real mood lifter I find
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès