Code of Conduct

Thread: Xeryus question

Default Xeryus question

Ok, I‘ll go to the point. A seller 2 blocks frommy house sells Xeryus (Givenchy), but he has both bottles, the original and the new one. Now I really liked this scent not adore it like Rouge but I remember wearing it like 20 years ago, so Is there any difference between both of them (bottle appart) I mean , haas it been reformulated? People I dont exactly need to buy it but, if theres something special or different I will. Its dirty cheap and possible something nice to add to my wardrobe. But I really want to know if theres something different besides the bottle.
    Cheers

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Default Re: Xeryus question

I have yet to experience a fragrance I consider to have been made better by a reissue or reformulation. Some are virtually equal (Aramis Havana for one) but I would say as a rule of thumb to go with the vintage each and every time provided you have the indication it has been handled with care before you bought it.
    Love is like a flame..it burns you when it's hot

Ok thanks, at least for the bottle and the being vintage feeling I‘ll bargain for the price (thats allowed here) . He has both of them at the same price. I‘ll tell him that I have only 35 bucks, he has it in 45. Lets see what happens.

Go with the vintage. I have the re-issued and it is not the same as what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    but I would say as a rule of thumb to go with the vintage each and every time provided you have the indication it has been handled with care before you bought it.
    Good advice.

I find no diffrent from the old bottle to the new bottled version it is still a powerful long lasting fragrance.

If they're they same price, just get the vintage. There are instances where the new version is the same as the vintage, but no instances that I can think of where the new is version better.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I would say as a rule of thumb to go with the vintage each and every time provided you have the indication it has been handled with care before you bought it.
    I agree

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Too many times I've heard it said that the reformulation is very close, and it's rarely the case, though that might be because it was reformulated not long after the initial release. I think this is the case with the original Perry Ellis men's frag.