Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myself a

full bottle of vintage Aqua Velva FROST LIME!! & BLUE STRATOS!!
    Also got a vintage almost all used up English Leather after shave too, MEM version.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

It never occured to me to check garage sales for fragrances. I will definitely be keeping that in mind. Great finds!

Blog Entries

Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    It never occured to me to check garage sales for fragrances. I will definitely be keeping that in mind. Great finds!
    You'd be surprised what you can find. If I knew anything about women's scents I'd probably have a larger vintage collection but so far I'm just looking for fragrances for myself.
    sent via commodore 64

Some very worthwhile surprises can be found not only at garage sales but also at flea markets.

Online estate sales rock. I just picked up 6 minis including Furyo and Antaeus for $24.
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    ... but also at flea markets.
    I have a fairly large flea market right down the road from me I am now considering checking out. Would you say there is any higher instance of fraudulent bottles there? It just seems to me that would be an easy place to get away with it.

Congrats on your purchases! Makes me consider attending such sales too.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Gotta love fleamarkets.
    I always get lucky, too!

Le Grand Duc is the QUEEN of getting lucky at flea markets (at least, thats what I hear)!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Le Grand Duc is the QUEEN of getting lucky at flea markets (at least, thats what I hear)!

Congrats on the treasures you found!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Haha!
    sent via commodore 64

Blog Entries

Wink Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Congrats on the treasures you found!

• Thank You!!

sent via commodore 64

One point of caution about flea markets: I have seen sellers with fragrance bottles baking in the sun. Testing is essential. Damage to the fragrance could be a price bargaining point.

can you guide me how one finds about estate sales in NYC if you know

Quote Originally Posted by fazilicious View Post
    can you guide me how one finds about estate sales in NYC if you know
    Try Craigslist

thanks a lot