Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metropolis San Diego
    Posts
    1,929
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myself a

    full bottle of vintage Aqua Velva FROST LIME!! & BLUE STRATOS!!
    Also got a vintage almost all used up English Leather after shave too, MEM version.
    [
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

  2. #2
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The sunshine state
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    It never occured to me to check garage sales for fragrances. I will definitely be keeping that in mind. Great finds!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metropolis San Diego
    Posts
    1,929
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    It never occured to me to check garage sales for fragrances. I will definitely be keeping that in mind. Great finds!
    You'd be surprised what you can find. If I knew anything about women's scents I'd probably have a larger vintage collection but so far I'm just looking for fragrances for myself.
    [
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    225,441

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Some very worthwhile surprises can be found not only at garage sales but also at flea markets.

  5. #5

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Online estate sales rock. I just picked up 6 minis including Furyo and Antaeus for $24.
    "Kimi o utau yo chiisana koto ga
    Ookina hikari ni natte ku you ni
    Kakinarashite wa kakinarashite wa inotteru." -Spitz,'Boku no Guitar'

  6. #6
    slvrbckgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The sunshine state
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    ... but also at flea markets.
    I have a fairly large flea market right down the road from me I am now considering checking out. Would you say there is any higher instance of fraudulent bottles there? It just seems to me that would be an easy place to get away with it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Congrats on your purchases! Makes me consider attending such sales too.

  8. #8
    Dependent Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,380

    Default

    Gotta love fleamarkets.
    I always get lucky, too!

  9. #9

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Le Grand Duc is the QUEEN of getting lucky at flea markets (at least, thats what I hear)!

  10. #10
    Dependent Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Le Grand Duc is the QUEEN of getting lucky at flea markets (at least, thats what I hear)!

  11. #11

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Congrats on the treasures you found!
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

    "The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

  12. #12

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post


    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metropolis San Diego
    Posts
    1,929
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Le Grand Duc is the QUEEN of getting lucky at flea markets (at least, thats what I hear)!
    Haha!
    [
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metropolis San Diego
    Posts
    1,929
    Blog Entries
    12

    Wink Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Congrats on the treasures you found!

    • Thank You!!

    [
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    525
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    One point of caution about flea markets: I have seen sellers with fragrance bottles baking in the sun. Testing is essential. Damage to the fragrance could be a price bargaining point.

  16. #16

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    can you guide me how one finds about estate sales in NYC if you know

  17. #17
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    6,439

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    Quote Originally Posted by fazilicious View Post
    can you guide me how one finds about estate sales in NYC if you know
    Try Craigslist

  18. #18

    Default Re: My weekend finds at local yard/garage/estate sales!!!..............I can't believe it I got myse

    thanks a lot

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 6th May 2011, 07:03 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th June 2010, 02:48 PM
  3. Finding vintage perfume at estate/garage sales -- how's your luck?
    By Olfacta in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th June 2010, 02:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000